Mistakes

High School Prince

A tall, broad teacher stood at the door. His wire-rimmed glasses flashed and his beady eyes were searching the classroom. His shirt looked like it was buttoned up too much and his pants looked like they were on too tight. I didn't seem to like math before and now seeing the instructor made me want to die.

As soon as I entered the classroom-- after glancing at the teacher, I searched for a seat. The class was filling up already. I noticed Jacky, sitting in the middle of the classroom, chatting animatedly amongst his friends. Every seat surrounding his desk was taken: one by Lena (of course) and a number of other adoring girls. I sighed and went for a seat at the back. Close behind Jacky. I noticed how everybody wanted to sit near the two. They were getting popular already...

The final bell rung at last. I couldn't stand watching Lena and Jacky sit so close to each other. I was obviously jealous and I knew exactly why. I had to, at least, feel glad for my friend, Lena. They look like a perfect couple, I kept trying to tell myself. The boys who sat near Jacky were too busy talking to Jacky at his table to save a seat. They gloomily strolled to a seat at the back, near me. One boy who looked rather tough gave me an angry glare. I tried to look away.

"Dork much? Surprising how you're not sitting near the front." A nasty smile came on his face, he was about to reach in for my glasses, when...

"Just shut your mouth Nelson." I looked up near the front of the class to see Jacky glare at the boy who made fun of me. Jacky stuck his middle finger at him as he said so. I blushed, again. I had to thank Jacky after class. He then waved at me, smiling sweetly. I smiled back, too glad to notice Lena sitting next to him, glowering at me.

---

After class, I approached Jacky feebly. I didn't want to interrupt their conversation and it didn't seem to be the right time. I decided that later on I would say my thanks.

Later on suddenly turned to after school. I couldn't believe how carried away I was when choosing clubs to join in. I picked student council at the end. I also decided to help volunteer at the school library. Nothing like catching up with some reading. I could even do my homework there.

I walked out from the front of the school, searching for Jacky's spiky hair. I finally found him standing near the trees, still chatting with his friends. I sighed. I still felt too much of a coward to even come near. Nelson's face popped in my head and I didn't want them to make fun of me, even if Jacky was there. He would join in. I wondered why he didn't do it before when he had the chance. Jacky sure was maturing...

I admired the still-blooming flowers on my way home. Jacky's house was up ahead and I wondered why he wasn't coming home yet. Just when I thought so, I felt a presence approach me. I turned around swiftly, my school bag in my hand, ready to attack the intruder.

It was Jacky. My face turned tomato red. He had a funny expression his face. Then, he started laughing.

"I'm not going to you," he assured, still laughing.

I grimaced. "A girl can't be too careful. I heard loads of high school girls get ..." I couldn't help being worried. I had to be protective of myself and I needed to work on self-defense, or so my mom says.

"As if anybody wants to you," he continued. Oh, so NOW he was making fun of me. I didn't say anything, walking faster, toward the apartment, fuming. Jacky was probably at the gate of his large house now, still laughing.

But instead, the laughing had stop, and Jacky grabbed me by the arm.

"Uh, sorry," he said apologetically, after he turned me around to face him. His cheeks were faintly red.

I managed to smiled, my unbelievable mood swings-- and told him, "it's okay. Besides, I kinda owed you."

"Owe me?" he asked, puzzled.

"You stood up for me against Nelson," I replied, looking at the ground.

He then did the most surprising thing ever. He lifted my face up and leaned in and pressed his lips into mine. I felt a queer sensation. Something in my mind formed that made me want to lean in closer and relish this but then, Lena's face popped in my head, and everything felt so wrong.

"Stop it!" I mumbled, pushing him away. I struggled to get my bag, my eyes nearly tearing up.

He had a hurt expression on his face and my face was red again. I wiped my mouth with my blazer and did the stupidest thing ever: I ran away.

((Uhm, yeah. :D))