Smile, My Love

The Coma of Depend; Andromeda
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A / N; So this is a pretty quick update, because I just found the first chapter was pretty short, so I wanted to give you something else, something a little longer.
I think this chapter is about Sori's and Seungyoon's friendship and then... an intruder in the peaceful togetherness. I hope you stay tuned for the next chapter, to find out who butts in on their plan! Thanks a lot for reading! :)
The next update will follow on saturday or sunday!

word count; 2186     date; 14/10/07


 

two

Smile, My Love


 

Please listen to Kang Seungyoon's and Lee Juk's song Smile, My Love while reading!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIcwP7FRFBE

 

 

 

 

7 years, 9 months, 15 days and 13 hours.

The director went out to run her errands. On those days we were locked in the dreary house, we had no other choice but to call our home.

“Couldn’t you escape through the windows then?” you might want to know.

Which is a legitimate question. If the  windows were not metal-grilled. But they were.

When I first arrived here and was given a tour, it was explained to me that before World War II had happened, this was a school and I just asked myself what kind of freaking school this was for them to put up metal-grills.

Now I sat alone in the big hall, eating the same dish I had when I first arrived here.

I remember exactly how the rice porridge has tasted and I have never tasted something more horrible before and I guess it has tasted so horrible, it numbed my taste buds, because I was sitting there, eating the exact same porridge, that is served every tuesday, without batting one single eyelash.

 

Pretty much everything took place in this hall. This was not a big school. Where I was sitting was probably a study hall, as well as the cafeteria. We used it as studying, dining, playing and common room.

Other than that, we had one girl’s dorm room and one girl’s washroom, same for the boys.

There were another two very small rooms. One was used as a storage room for food and toys, which both we frankly had very little of, the other one was the Time Out room.

You can imagine what the Time Out room was. Except you don’t want to.

Oh, and not to forget the director's room.

 

So there I was, sitting in the studying / dining / playing hall, eating my porridge and muting out the screaming kids, that had fun throwing their food at the ones that messed up to confirm their attendance at roll call correctly.

I had food thrown at me once, only once, but that was enough to make me the most articulate confirmer of my attendance of the whole orphanage.

 

Due to me being mentally completely absent, I didn’t notice when Seungyoon came tiptoeing behind me, having me jump and unwillingly throw my food at the poor kid that sat across from me.

Seungyoon held his stomach, laughing. Either at the kid, who had rice porridge all over his face, or at the terrified face I pulled.

    “Are you insane!” It wasn’t even a question. “You scared the outta me, you lil’-”

I raised my hand to hit him, but, smiling brightly, he was faster than I, took my hand and pulled me to my feet.

I quickly bowed and said my apologies to the kid, before Seungyoon dragged me off into the cool corridor.

Finally I was able to breathe somewhat normally again.

 

It was the mid-july. Mid-rainy season. It was hot outside and the air was humid. And a little over three dozen sweaty kids running around didn’t really make it any better.

We stopped in front of the room of the director and he let go of my hand. Within those short moments of holding hands, they were already wet with sweat.

Seungyoon wiped his hand at the back of his pants, then fished a little wire-something from one of his pockets.

    “What do you want in there this time?” I asked him, a little confused and also scared.

He put the wire into the keyhole of the door and started to twist and turn it until there was a little clicking sound and the door was unlocked.

   “No need to piss your girl . We won’t do anything bad this time.” he assured me, but the only thing I was assured of, was that the thing we were doing was indeed so very bad, because we just broke into the room of the director.

I hesitated a lot to go in. I never liked intruding her room, even if Seungyoon only ever took a few chocolates or played the guitar, that collected dust under the her bed. It was just, entering her room was like entering a haunted house.

Being the nice guy he is, Seungyoon just pushed me in and closed the door behind us.

    “Are you trying to me now or what the is that supposed to be?” I whisper-screamed at him, that kind of angry whisper that makes you sound like an enraged medusa with her hissing snakes all around her.

    “It is not very nice of you to assume something like that, you know?”

    “No .“

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter