Eight Days A Week

Anthology Of My Beloved
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eight days a week--I love you. Eight days a week--Is not enough to show I care.

 

The year 2008

 

There is just something in Junhyung that makes Hyunseung feel completely smitten. Maybe it is his natural charisma, maybe his strong and snobbish personality, maybe the way he arranges his hair neatly or maybe just because he is Junhyung.

 

Hyunseung can’t contemplate, can’t rationalize, can’t ponder, can’t elaborate one by one why he likes the said boy. All he knows is his heart is not beating normally, seems to be faster than usually. The butterflies in his stomach are rambling like there is a riot happening. All of his surroundings will suddenly disappear and all he can see is Junhyung in his tiny world.

 

It was like there is this unseen magnet that draws him near to Junhyung. Like how a firefly would blindly follow the light of a lamp and would not care about the great danger that it could end its silly life. Junhyung was the beautiful and tempting fire while Hyunseung is the crazy little risker of a firefly.

 

He knew he was the one for him. Why else would he feel like this if Junhyung is not for him? He never wanted someone before this bad, so so bad he makes it to his self as an everyday reminder that he shall have him one day. That he doesn’t belong to anyone but him. That they are meant to be together.

 

It is sometimes scary and bothering but Hyunseung doesn’t mind. He knew Junhyung is not yet feeling the same way for him. But one day he will. He knows that for sure. He doesn’t have the right to be impatient because in the end Junhyung will love him too. Like the famous saying: there is no glory without sacrifice. Hyunseung is so ready to do anything for him.

 

And so he did.

 

Eight days a week.

 

He can say it is pretty hard and tiring but everything is worthy anyway. Just the thought of Junhyung glancing or talking to him is absolutely fine for his day to brighten up: the daily dose of Yong Junhyung as what he calls.

 

No one can seat beside Junhyung but him. No one can eat lunch with him but him. No one can be his partner for a school project but him. And for this school year, no one—absolutely no one can go to the prom with Junhyung but him. He is trying so hard to ask him for his yes eventhough prom will not happen after six months. It is merely the beginning of their Senior year in highschool yet Hyunseung is already determine to achieve his goal.

 

And so his prince has come. In their school uniform with his black hair neatly done in a spike, showing his beautiful forehead that Hyunseung wished to caress and kiss so much.

 

One day for sure.

 

Junhyung is just so perfectly handsome and everything. He wonder how lucky he had been to meet him. He should probably thanked Dujun for moving to Seoul eventhough he still wishes for his childhood best friend to come back.

 

"Junnie! Good morning and I love you!" Hyunseung leaped happily at his love interest.

 

"How many times will I tell you not to call me Junnie? Are you stupid?"

 

Tch. So cold. I know you love me too.

 

"I brought us lunch today. I made you some eggrolls and letuce salad, your favorite!"

 

"I’m eating with Seungho. Now leave me alone."

 

Remember how he said it is hard and tiring to gain Junhyung’s attention? That one is a good example. But Hyunseung can’t give up just like that. Over his y and confident body. He didn’t spent ten years of his life for nothing. As pathetic as it may sounds, yes, unfortunately he’s been chasing Yong Junhyung for that long already. A little more waiting can’t hurt either. Hyunseung can still do it.

 

"Will you go out to prom with me?"

 

Hyunseung asked with a little hesitation as he sensed Junhyung’s sour mood already. As much as he loves to talk to the other guy, he still doesn’t want to be the reason for his bad day.

 

"Are you really serious? Prom is not until next year yet you’re already asking me out? And what made you think I’ll go with you?"

 

"It’s not like you’re going to ask someone."

 

Hyunseung tried to humor the now pissed Junhyung.

 

"Maybe you’re right but who knows? This year i can feel like having a girlfriend." Junhyung added with a smirk obviously challenging the surprised Hyunseung.

 

"You are so not doing that!"

 

"Try me."

 

Junhyung left Hyunseung feeling completely flustered. What is he supposed to do now? Junhyung can’t have a girlfriend! Not ever when Hyunseung is still alive. He will not let all of his efforts to be put down into waste! Fine, if Junhyung is challenging him, he gladly accepts it! It just means that his “efforts” will upgrade into the next level.

 

"Who is he?" Hyunseung heard a soft voice not from afar. When he looked for it, Hyuna’s face is kinda bored and not interested with a girl he’s sure he just saw the first time.

 

"Who is who?" Hyuna replied almost not giving a damn to the other girl.

 

"Who is that guy staring at you? And the handsome one who just walked out?"

 

Hyuna looked up from whatever she is looking and face a bewildered Hyunseung. She smiled and wave at him for acknowledgement. Hyunseung retured the favor too. They were good friends since they were kids. They almost share classes together since the first grade.

 

"That is Jang Hyunseung, my dear friend. And that that walked away is Yong Junhyung."

 

"Oh, I really like Junhyung-oppa!"

 

If earlier Hyuna was completely uninterested, now she is almost glaring at this whoever girl is this.

 

"I would not waste my time for him if I were you."

 

"Why? Is he taken?"

 

"Yes."

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter