I Saw Him Standing There

Anthology Of My Beloved
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Well, my heart went boom when he crossed that room  and I held his hand in mine.

 

The year 1998

 

And he saw him standing there.

 

A boy around his age, in his deep blue superman t-shirt and black shorts with faded blue sneakers and white socks just above his ankles. He has short black hair that exposes his forehead, which Hyunseung finds oddly appealing; rosy chubby cheeks from the heat of the afternoon, a small and perfect nose, two sharp eyes that are already sending a non-friendly glare and a pink heart-shaped plums that is obviously pouting. The approaching boy is obviously not happy as his one eyebrow is raised in annoyance but Hyunseung can care less about the upcoming tantrum of that boy because he can only focus on how to appreciate how handsome the other’s face is.

 

Is he for real? His heart kept on beating faster than the usual and he felt his cheeks are burning too. What is happening to him? Is he sick? Is he dying?

 

But Hyunseung is too young to die.

 

“Junhyung, I want you to meet someone. This is..” The older man turned again towards Hyunseung and chuckled at his silliness as he realized he didn’t get to ask the kid’s name in a pink hoodie.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t get your name kid. And where do you live by the way?”

 

Hyunseung is still busy staring at the other boy that he really didn’t paid any attention to the man from earlier is talking to him again.

 

How could he when he got the chance to look at him closer, this new kid is definitely flawless! Is this possible for a kid to be this perfect?

 

“Kid?” He felt someone shake him a little on his shoulder breaking him from the magical trance of admiring the handsome son of Dujun’s uncle.

 

“What is your name? Do you live near here?”

 

“I’m Jang Hyunseung and I’m your neighbor!” Hyunseung greeted with much enthusiasm in him.

 

“Nice to meet you, Hyunseung. I’m Yong Jaehoon and this is Junhyung, my son. He is Dujun’s cousin. You can be friends right?”

 

“Definitely Mr. Yong! I already like your son. He is so handsome. I never had a handsome friend before. Dujun is not as handsome as your son but he is still my best friend. Do you want to be my friend, Junhyung?” Hyunseung ended with a wide grin on his pretty little face. The excitement from before is back the moment he saw Junhyung. And now he is more pumped up that he can be friends with him. They can now play at the playground together and Hyunseung can show him his new set of toys.

 

“Yeah, sure.” He heard Junhyung replied but he is still putting or more like frowning.

 

“Yay! Can we play now? Can we? Can we? There is a new swing added at the playground! We can go there. Can I bring Junhyung with me Mr. Yong?” So much eagerness is present in Hyunseung now.

 

“Sure. Just be back at five.”

 

“Move along!”

 

The year 1998

 

And Junhyung saw her standing there, too.

 

A kid in her pink hoodie with hello kitty in the front. Why is she even wearing a hoodie in this hot afternoon? Her black hair is short in a bubbly cut just below touching her neck; without the bangs. Junhyung noticed that the kid is already staring at him as he is approaching his father. Wow, she has definitely huge eyes. She is somehow cute but Junhyung doesn’t mind it because as her stares continue, it’s giving the creepy vibes towards him.

 

Junhyung is cringing on the inside actually.

 

She didn’t even blink for a moment. What is wrong with that kid? She is so weird. And no, Junhyung doesn’t want to befriend someone like her. Definitely no. He just agreed for his father’s sake. The old man can’t know that his son is such a natural snob. Junhyung doesn’t have a lot of friends because he finds almost everyone stupid. They are not worthy of his precious time and this kid is not an exemption.

 

Ugh what does she thinks she is doing? Who gave her the right to drag him involuntarily towards nowhere? He didn’t even remember agreeing to follow her around. More over he didn’t agree to play with her. That is so far from his intentions.

 

"Yah, let me go." Junhyung snapped as he stopped his tracks from the sudden running they’re doing.

 

The nerve of that weird kid holding him. Junhyung is more irritated than before.

 

Hyunseung turned around and looked at him intensely as if he is being examined before he let go of his hold.

 

"The playground is already there. See?" Hyunseung pointed his finger ahead and Junhyung followed his gaze towards the direction. There is a small playground with only two kids playing on the seesaw. One is a girl with long hair and the other is a boy with an auburn hair.

 

"Just follow me okay?"

 

Junhyung doesn’t want to but he still found his little feet following the weird kid.

 

"Hi Hyuna. Hi Jiyong." He heard weird kid addressing the kids from the seesaw. Weird kid though finds his way immediately towards the swings.

 

"That is Junhyung. He is our new neighbor. He lives now in Dujun’s house."

 

Little girl with the long hair from the seesaw turned her head as well as the boy.

 

"Hi I’m Hyuna. And this is my older brother Jiyong. I hope we can all be friends here."

 

Junhyung as the usual

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter