If I Fell

Anthology Of My Beloved
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If I fell in love with you would you promise to be true and help me understand ‘cause I've been in love before and I found that love was more than just holding hands

 

The year 2013

 

The very first time Junhyung held their hands together, where in Junhyung willingly moved on his own to lock him in a grip—was unfortunately and relatively close to zero—nada.  Hyunseung was always the only one initiating the contact—always invading Junhyung’s personal space and making sure to make the other crazy. It was always like this in the past and so when Junhyung grabbed his left hand from lying on his side, Hyunseung was so taken a back. It felt foreign yet also familiar—comforting—warmth. He doesn’t know the ultimate reason for the other to change his point of view however it is also surprising and making him confuse more. Junhyung’s skin is warm against on his own alongside with the breeze from the waves. Both of his cheeks are now flushed probably because of the summer heat or also simply because Junhyung is making the little butterflies in his stomach flutter once again.

 

How could one person affect another person so much like this?

 

And it’s not because Junhyung is Junhyung. Lately, it was his efforts that made Hyunseung have second thoughts. Like now for an instance, he doesn’t know if Junhyung is just trying to save his by making it up to him or if the other did really want him to be happy.

 

“So what? Do you think by bringing me here makes me want to forgive you already?” The words weren’t helped but be out of his mouth.

 

“I hope so.” He sensed the hesitation on Junhyung’s voice but he is telling the truth.

 

“You’re bribing me now?” He snorted. “I’m not a kid.”

 

And how the hell did even Junhyung knew he liked the beach so much?

 

“I’m trying to be nice here, Seung.” Junhyung defended.

 

“You don’t have to.”

 

He saw Junhyung sighing hard and followed by stopping from their walk. Their hands are still linked though.

 

“I just thought you’ll like this.” Junhyung stepped in front of him while slowly lifting his free hand to touch his still flushed cheek.

 

Hyunseung looked up only to be met by a determined gaze. He swallowed a little because Junhyung’s stares are pulling him slowly in a trance—in a silly daydream with his silly happily ever after. It was so hard to ignore—to look away and be left cold because apparently every part of Junhyung is radiating him some warmth and comfort.

 

Making it inevitable for him not to fall—again and terribly hard.

 

That somehow he could save his self this time because Junhyung is effortlessly making him think otherwise that his heart is trying to revive from the dead. To make up and give the other a chance of some possibility to be together however the past had affected him and is making him think that he is such a fool—a silly lovesick fool for Yong Junhyung.

 

Maybe this time, Junhyung will be there to catch him.

 

“Hey, do you want to swim?” Junhyung nudged his head towards the direction of the sea which is merely a few meters away from them.

 

“I would love to but I can’t.” Hyunseung replied slightly embarrassed from his lack of skill.

 

“Why not?”

 

“Let’s just say I never had the chance to learn.”

 

“It’s not a problem then.” Junhyung grinned. “I can teach you.”

 

“Don’t bother anymore.”

 

Junhyung raised his eyebrow from hearing his response. He knew Hyunseung became reserved and jaded and all and apparently it is his job to break the wall. And so he needs to move.

 

Without really minding Hyunseung’s protest, Junhyung pulled the other’s wrist and marched on to the sea. Hyunseung is also fast that before the water touched him he pulled his self into a stop which only ignited the look from Junhyung to plan something against his will.

 

And he was so bloody right when he was being lifted instantly and his only natural reaction was to clutch unto Junhyung tighter or he would have been drenched wet before the other could take them from the further part of the sea.

 

“ you.” Hyunseung finally gasped when the water is already on his waist level and Junhyung is only grinning at him like an idiot.

 

“I really hate you, you stupid moron!”

 

“Heh, you look like a wet kitten.”

 

“You’re a jackass.”

 

“I could drop you any moment now and let’s see how your insults will help you.”

 

Hyunseung thought Junhyung’s threat was empty but as he slowly pried his self away from the other man, he realized that the water level is much higher that above his chest. The sneaky bastard had moved them even farther from the shore.

 

“How dare you.” He glared when he knew Junhyung had trapped him.

 

“Come on. It’s not like you’re not enjoying it. Try to relax and feel the water.” The loosen grip from earlier was made tighter again by Junhyung. He placed both of Hyunseung’s hand on his shoulders and rested his on the other’s back. Underwater, their bodies hugged and tangled—Hyunseung for an anchor and Junhyung just holding the other boy for his own selfish desire.

 

“How the hell will I learn to swim if you’re not going to let me go?” He asked impatiently.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter