Chapter 3

Will You Realize..?

I've been trying to update as much as I can. So please bear with me. Please do tell me if the story does get boring. If it does I'll try to add more interesting things to it. Also, this chapter is a bit longer than the first two

Enjoy!


 

 

It Hurts Too Much

 

While watching the movie together as a way to hang out, the five idols eventually fell asleep. Turns out their couches and floor were comfortable enough for them to sleep on. The dorm was unusually quiet in the morning since the five were still asleep at the time they usually woke up. They pretty much stayed up last night trying to finish the whole movie together, but unfortunately they failed miserably.

 

A loud ringing broke the silence in the dorm and woke up the youngest of the group. Making groggy noises, he sat up trying to figure out where he was and what the noise was. He soon found out that the noise was from Jinki's phone.

 

Should I wake him up?... Ani, he'll wake up by himself. Plus it's just his girlfriend calling.

 

However, he remembered that Jinki was hard to wake up even with the loudest alarm, so he sat up, reaching for the leader. He woke up him because he didn't want the others to wake up just yet considering it wouldn't happen in the next couple of days.

 

"Hyung... wake up. I think noona is calling you." He said shaking the leader. "Taeminnie, let me sleep just for five more minutes please." Jinki said with a smile.

 

The heck.. why is he smiling so early?

 

The reason behind the smile was because he was woken up by no other than his maknae. Jinki thought Taemin was going to bother him like he used to do in the mornings but instead it was because his phone was ringing. He wanted to ignore the call but the younger told him he didn’t want to wake the others up yet. With that being said he lied there for a moment thinking to himself.

 

*Ring Ring*

 

"Hyung you're going to wake up the others with your phone and I want them to sleep just a little more. Can you please just answer your girlfriend?" He repeated. Saying the word 'girlfriend' made him feel worse inside and he didn't like saying it one bit but it didn't matter to him at the moment because he really wanted to have the others sleep a little more knowing that they were dead tired from a few days ago.

 

*Ring Ring*

 

"Ugh.." Jinki answered his phone unwillingly. "Jagiya..." If the word girlfriend hurt the maknae, just imagine how much it hurt when Jinki was saying 'jagiya' to someone else in front of him. "Jagiya... but can I sleep some more? The others and I stayed up last night watching a movie. Thank you... I love you too."

 

Hearing those three meaningful words made the maknae hurt even more that he left the room.

 

What the younger and Jinki didn't know was that Jonghyun and Key were already awake due to the irritating phone ringing. They both saw their maknae walk— no, run to the comfort of his room. And they both heard what Jinki was saying and they could only imagine how hurt Taemin was.

 

Jinki didn't know why Taemin left just like that without a word. He ignored it though thinking that the younger was going to get ready for the day. Instead he was trying to create a plan on what he can do to get the maknae to talk to him about the things he was obviously being kept from. The thought that he can go and speak to the maknae right now obviously skipped his mind.

 

While he was stuck in his thoughts, he was startled when the couple on the floor stood up walking towards where Taemin left off to without saying anything to him either.

 

***

 

The couple walked into the bedroom surprised to see that Taemin was in fact not crying, but instead trying to hold it in, only letting a tear fall down his left cheek. He was on his laptop doing whatever to take his mind off of the leader. However, he really needed to get used to Jinki saying 'jagiya', or 'I love you' to a different person.

 

Jonghyun walked towards the boy first, he knew that the younger needed some comfort with what he heard, while Kibum went to the kitchen trying to find anything that would be comforting at a moment like this.

 

The boy wasn’t crying however, Jonghyun hugged the boy as well as patting his back, letting the boy know that someone was by his side which helped the younger. "Taemin-ah?" Jonghyun interrupted, which the boy replied with a hum as he nuzzled closer to the elder’s chest. "Do you have any plans for today?" By this time Key came into the room carrying a tray.

 

Taemin thought for a while before answering. "Ah neh... Jongin and the others planned to go somewhere today when we were out yesterday, I told them I would come, is that okay with you guys?" He asked. "Of course Tae but do you feel like going?" Taemin nodded.

 

"I think it'll be best to stay away from hyung for now." The two nodded in understanding. "What time did you guys plan on meeting?" Key asked. "Uhh, around 10 o'clock." The younger replied as he was taking small bites of his sandwich. Key's eye widen. "Bwo? You're going to be late! Go on, get ready! Go go go!" He pushed Taemin into the bathroom while the said boy chuckled with his mouth full.

 

Jinki looked up, curious about what was happening in the other room. Minho eventually woke up and was talking to Jonghyun about something he thought he didn't need to know when in actuality it was about what he wanted to know.

 

Taemin got ready and styled himself to look his best yet at the same time he dressed in comfortable clothing. He came out the room and entered the kitchen looking ier than ever. "Woah there Tae. If you keep dressing yourself up like this I just might want to go on a date with you and make out for the whole time." Minho said while wiggling his eyebrows at the same time. This had Jinki's head snap up. He turned towards the dancer and looked at him.

 

Damn. When did he grow up and become y? Jinki! What are you talking about! Stop with these thoughts!

 

He then looked at the other three especially the rapper, eyeing him weirdly. Taemin was left to blush at what Minho said and chuckled awkwardly.  "Yah! What did I say yesterday!?” Key warned. "What did you say hyung?"

 

"Nothing, don't worry about it" Jonghyun only laughed making Taemin wonder about what Key said yesterday. "Tae! You're going to be late. Make sure you look hotter than anyone you pass, okay?" Key reminded trying to distract the younger from the conversation. “Hyung!” The younger glared but soon laughed, he noticed the time and rushed towards the door.

 

"Hyungs I'm going to be out late again! Don't miss me too much, especially you Alien! Annyeong!" He shut the door and ran towards the cafe that he and the EXO members planned to meet at.

 

After a couple of minutes Jinki spoke. "Alien?" Leaving two members chucking while the other sighed. "Oh! It's Minho!” Jonghyun began laughing while pointing to the said boy. Key also couldn't hold it in anymore, which made him burst into laughter as well.

 

"I thought he would've forgotten about it by now..." The rapper's voice muffled as he lay his head on the table. "Why Alien though?" Jinki kept asking. "Its nothing hyung, don't worry about it." The couple continued laughing.

 

They probably had fun without me before Taemin left yesterday.

 

Jinki left to his room to get ready for his meet up with Jungah. When the trio knew the leader was nowhere in the hearing range, the couple calmed down and were now whispering which had Minho look up to join the conversation. "Did you see hyung? I think he has a feeling that we're hiding something from him." Key began.

 

"I know, but we have to keep it low since Taemin-ah doesn't want hyung to find out about his feelings because of us. He wants hyung to find out by himself." Jonghyun reminded the two.

 

Just after Jonghyun said what he needed to say, Jinki was outside the kitchen. He saw that the couple has calmed down and were huddled together along with Minho. He came up to them, scaring them once again. "What were you guys talking about? And why does it look like you guys were caught doing something you guys weren't suppose to do? Also, I want to know what's happening around here." The leader finished with a smile.

 

"Nothing h-hyung... we were just planning things that we can do all together to have some fun but I guess that won't be happening since we'll have more schedules after this small break." Kibum lied. "Why were you guys huddled all together then?"

 

"It's to not strain our voices. We do have another comeback after this break." Jonghyun added to the lie which had the two nodding. After a couple minutes of contemplating, Jinki gave up knowing the three won't tell him anything. "Well I'm going now. Annyeong." He waved, walking towards the door. Right when Jinki shut the door the three looked at each other seeing the same paled face each had.

 

"D-do you think h-hyung heard us?" Minho said barely voicing it out. "I d-don't think so... but we seriously have to find a better place to talk about all of this without getting caught again..." Kibum said, in which the other two agreed.

 

***

 

Taemin got to the cafe just in time. He saw the three EXO members and walked towards them with a smile. The three greeted him with the same smile. They stayed and talked having fun until Taemin stopped, he heard a familiar voice near the counter and turned around to check if his hearing was right.

 

Jinki was ordering and beside him was Jungah. It was the first time Taemin saw the couple together after being told that they were dating. He tried to stay hidden while the other three spoke through their eyes.

 

Unfortunately, Jinki saw Taemin while he was looking around the place waiting for the drinks. He walked towards the group with Jungah following behind him. "Minnie... you could've told me that you were going here. We could've have walked together."

 

"Oppa.. then what about me?"

 

"You told me to meet you here." Jinki said without realizing the tone of his voice, which made Jungah pout just a bit. "Annyeong Onew hyung, we were just about to leave. Mianhe, annyeong!" Kai interrupted, knowing his best friend will take awhile to answer back. The others stood up along with Taemin. He couldn't look towards his leader, so he kept his head low while the elder wondered why.

 

"Minnie, are you okay?" Taemin only nodded and left with Sehun since the other stepped away first. "Hyung, we'll be going now. See you!" Luhan said and walked away with the others.

 

I can tell they also know something that I don't... what is it though. How come I still don't know?

 

Jinki tried to reason with himself once more. He may be with Jungah right now but his mind was with a boy named Lee Taemin. Throughout his date all he could think about was why the maknae wasn't telling him things he normally would.

 

***

 

Once they were far from the cafe and was inside a small apparel store Luhan spoke up. "Taemin-ah, do you want to go home now?"

 

"Ani, we just started and we planned a lot for today, let's stay out just a bit more... please?" He asked, the three didn't know what to do, so they agreed to what the dancer asked. They called Key letting him know what happened and reminded him that Taemin would be staying out late. This reminded Kibum about what happened yesterday night.

 

***

 

"So what happened yesterday? Why was Taemin so happy when he got back?" Jonghyun asked. "He met a girl... well more like a fan. She's a huge fan of SHINee and a huge Ontae shipper as well..." Kibum started.

 

"Oh so this girl… is a fan... do he doesn't love her that way? He loves her because she's an Ontae shipper?" Kibum nodded.

 

"He said that he was going to give up on giving up on hyung because he knows he can't do it. I mean, I can understand considering it would be hard to give up on loving someone you’ve loved for years. He also said that he will remind himself that he could only stay in the friendship zone with hyung. I wanted to tell him that it would only hurt him even more but I couldn't because he was so happy last night. I didn't want to take his smile away that he's been missing for days." Key added sadly but the other two knew what he was talking about; Taemin has been missing his smile and seeing him smile for the first time last night made them happy as well.

 

"I also got a call earlier from Luhan saying that they bumped into hyung..." Key added. This made the other two listen to what he was saying. "What?" The two said in unison. Kibum nodded once again in a way to say that they heard right. "What happened?"

 

"Well... they told me that they took Taemin out of there as fast as they could and reminded me that they're going to stay out longer." They couldn't add much more to the conversation since they didn't know what exactly happened so they figured they'd wait up for Taemin to have everything explained.

 

***

 

2 hours later

Jinki came home rather irritated. He closed the door a bit too loud but not in a way that it slammed hard against the frame. "Hyung, what happened?" He stopped in his tracks and was surprised to see three of s sitting there. He thought that they might've done something fun outside the dorm but instead they were here, and saw and heard what he did to the door. Which he hadn't planned.

 

"N-nothing. Just thinking about what I can do, don't worry about it." Jinki said as he tried to ignore their eyes. "What were you thinking about though?" The trio looked up innocently. "About talking to someone." This made the trio wonder but they knew it was about Taemin, however Jonghyun played dumb. "Is it Jungah noona? If yes, you know you can just talk to her... she is your girlfriend after all." Jonghyun said. "Right..." was all Jinki replied. He knew that if he said he wanted to talk to Taemin he would be told that he can do it as well since they are best friends but that made him think again.

 

Are we really best friends? He's been hiding from me though...

 

"Hyung?"

 

"Hyung... "

 

"Hyung!"

 

Jinki looked up, he didn't realized that he was looking down. "Hyung, we asked you a question..." He wondered if they really did, when he was sure that they did, he asked what it was. "Ugh hyung, you've been out of your mind lately, you need rest, I'm sure you want that don't you? Anyway our question was why you're home early. You've never really came home early ever since you told us you were dating."

 

The leader tilted his head to the left. Was he really never home early?

 

Maybe I was just having fun hanging out with Jungah. But then he remembered last night, he came home after more than eleven hours.

 

Had I always done this?

 

"Yes you have hyung"

 

"I'll... I'll go get some sleep, maybe it's what I need right now... wake me up when Minnie comes home okay?" He said walking towards the hallway. "Sure thing hyung!" Jonghyun replied.

 

Ugh... What's happening to me? Why am I always out of my mind? Oh ! What did Jungah and I talk about!? What if I said some things that upset her? I better call. I hope I didn't say anything stupid. He thought as he dialed her number.

 

*Ring Ring*

 

"Oppa! Are you feeling well now? Did you get some sleep yet? No, of course not, you didn't. You probably just got home now, huh?" Jungah said in one breath. "Ah yes, I haven't slept yet, I'm not feeling well right now either but can I ask you a question?" Jinki was feeling unsure about what he was going to ask. "Of course. Shoot right away."

 

"I didn't do anything out of the ordinary right, or anything along those lines?" There was a pause at the other end. "You did... can I say this?"

 

"Please do, I don't even know what's happening to me" Jinki answered. "When Taemin-goon left, you let out a small pout... you also didn't talk much. You just kept looking at where he left off to... Also, you weren't listening to what I was saying..." Jungah finished. "Jungah I'm so sorry if I wasn't listening, I’m just not myself today. I'm really sorry."

 

"It's okay oppa don't worry about it. Now go take a rest I'm sure you're tired from today. I also have to go right now! Annyeong, get well soon~" With that, the call ended. Jinki thought about what Jungah said through the phone.

 

I was pouting? Why though? Because Minnie left? That shouldn't be it. I should probably take a rest instead of thinking.

 

***

 

It has been more than 10 hours since Jinki fell asleep. He woke up wondering why any of the three didn't wake him up. He remembered that he told them to wake him up when Taemin came back before he slept. He sat up and took his phone from the night stand. "Woah, I slept for that long...?" He was surprised because usually when he took naps he would wake up in 2-3 hours max. "Why didn't they wake me up?" He wondered, walking towards the bathroom to make himself look decent.

 

As he walked out of the bathroom, he checked his phone for any texts messages or missed calls. There were a few from Jungah, he answered all of them making sure he sent them right away. He didn't want her to worry further than he already had. He walked to the living room seeing there were only Jonghyun, Kibum, and Minho.

 

Maybe he's in his room resting.

 

"Yah! Why didn't you guys wake me up when Taemin came back?" He asked startling them. "Hyung! Why do you keep on doing that?! I swear we're going to die because of you, stop popping up out of nowhere." Minho said. "You guys didn't answer me. Why didn't you guys wake me up when Taemin came back?" In return, the trio gave him confused faces which made Jinki raise a brow.

 

"Well?"

 

"H-hyung, Taemin hasn’t came back yet." Jonghyun barely answered. "What? Please repeat that again, I couldn't quite hear you."

 

"Hyung, Tae hasn't come back yet. He's probably having too much fun that he forgot about the time. He also did say that he'll be staying out late. Remember? just give him one more hour." Key wasn't at all comfortable with the face Jinki was making, and that made him answer louder and faster than Jonghyun.

 

"Did he call?"

 

The trio only shook their heads. "Oh! But Kai called and said that Tae would be out a little later." Key added. "And when was that?"

 

"Uh. An hour before you woke up." Minho audibly said.

 

What's happening to him? He's never like this...

 

"Do you guys think we should at least give him a limit when it comes to going out late? I mean he's never been like this before..." Jinki said. "Hyung... don't you remember? Taemin is old enough to go wherever, whenever." Jonghyun reassured.

 

Hyung he's like this because he wants to forget you but he knows he can't.

 

"Fine, I'll give him an hour but when he comes home we'll talk to him. Arachi?" The trio agreed with low voices without making eye contact.

 

Their leader thought Taemin was dating and wasn't telling him, but in all seriousness the younger only wanted to forget what his heart was feeling. The three in the room went quiet when Jinki left the room. They didn't know what to say because Jinki was got to talk to Taemin, and the dancer wasn't ready for that.

 

An hour passed too quickly and Jinki was getting irritated for a reason he didn't know. He gave Taemin thirty more minutes. When that passed he didn't know what to do. He called the younger but it kept being sent straight to his voice mail. The couple were starting to get worried. They both didn't know what to say to the elder and Minho was thinking of a way to get the Maknae out of this easier when he came back.

 

You can clearly see that the three cares for the maknae since they'll do anything to keep him from breaking down in front of Jinki.

 

More than two hours passed and Jinki worried then but was still irritated. The couple started questioning each other on why this was happening, Minho caught on and joined. They had to talk quietly in the living, they didn't want to leave the room knowing the leader would snap when the younger comes through the door, they knew Taemin would need them when that happens.

 

"Why is he so worried? I mean, I get why he’s worried but why is he irritated?" Kibum started. "That's what I was wondering too!" The two answered. This was so different from what they expected from Jinki. They knew the leader would be worried, but not by this much. Jinki has never been like this to Taemin.There was a time Taemin was out later than this, before Jinki said he was dating but that didn't bother Jinki, so why now?

 

Just then Taemin came through the door, with his styled hair all over the place but still looking y. Instead of looking haggard he looked quite seductive. "Hyungs~" he sing songed. "I'm back~" he said with a giggle.

 

Jinki left the kitchen only to look at a very drunk maknae. The other three in the room was shocked to see their bubbly, cheerful maknae drunk. Their hearts also broke knowing why though. "LEE TAEMIN WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO YOU!?" Jinki shouted. This had everyone in the room looking towards the leader. s has never seen him this angry before, and this scared all of them, all except Taemin.

 

The couple were worried, "Oh my gosh what if he confesses!?" Kibum worriedly whispered to the other two.

 

Jonghyun and Minho could only watch not knowing what to say back. "Oh! My lovely hyung... you're back!" Taemin said while strutting towards Jinki. Which had the leader raise a brow. "WHY WERE YOU DRINKING?!"

 

"Oh nothing my cute little tokki. Just.. you know.. stressed..." Taemin chuckled but fell over which made Jinki hold him. Jinki didn't know what to do anymore. "I'll bring him to the room." Jinki's voice changed into a quieter tone, not knowing why the maknae was like this. "NO!" The three shouted all together in which Jinki raised a brow. "What?"

 

"We mean... we'll bring him. You were angry with him just now, you might do something you'll regret later." Jonghyun said. The trio rushed towards Taemin taking him away from the leader to the boy's room. Laying the younger down who was suddenly crying. Jinki tried to go into the room but was stopped by Minho. "Hyung, you should stay here... so that when we need something you'll be there to get it right away."

 

Jinki wanted to know why his maknae was crying, he wanted to know the reason why he got himself drunk. Jinki could only nod as the rapper walked away, when the door closed, he tried to put everything he's gathered up until now. All of them didn't notice that three EXO members were standing outside the front door, until Kai spoke up.

 

"Onew hyung we're really sorry about what happened. We tried to stop him but he didn't want to."

 

"Why was he drinking though?" Jinki asked. He really wanted to know why his maknae did this. Jinki almost pleaded to them but didn't continue because Luhan spoke next. "Hyung, we're not the ones who should be answering that. We have to go now, I'm sure our own members are worrying. Mianhe." The three waved goodbye to a very confused Jinki.

 

Jinki didn't know what to do, because obviously Taemin's group of friends and s knew something he didn't and he knew it was something serious. Taemin never drank this much because he thought that drinking to forget problems was stupid.

 

***

 

"Where's Jinki hyung? H-He left me d-didn't he? I knew I wasn't special to him. He left me here with you guys when I n-needed him the most." Taemin thrashed and blabbered as tears spilled from his eyes. Kibum didn't know what to do. He thought Taemin was strong enough not to do this. He never would have thought that the dancer would do this all because of their leader.

 

The sight of their maknae said more than a thousand words. They now knew how much the maknae loved Jinki because they knew that the dancer thought drinking 'til you were drunk was just plain stupid, and he also swore that he wouldn't be doing it in the future but here he was drunk because of one person.

 

"Hyung?" Kibum hummed in response as he was hugging the dancer in a way a mother would do to a child. "Why did I have to fall for him? Why did I continue to be like this? Now... now I'm not happy, My heart is broken because I fell for someone who I knew in the beginning won't fall for me." Taemin innocently asked. "Oh baby, You don't choose who you love. Love comes to you, because love is love. Honey."

 

"Well. LOVE can just his ." This made the three chuckle just a bit until the maknae spoke again. "I don't want this anymore. I don't want to hurt anymore. I don't want to see him happy because of someone else anymore. It hurts even more when I see that. I-I want to hate him. I-I don't want to love him anymore. Please Umma. I don't want any of this." He desperately pleaded.

 

"Shh Taemin-ah I know it hurts now but it will eventually get better. I promise." Jonghyun said knowing that Kibum didn't know want to say.

 

"When though?" Taemin looked up with bloodshot eyes. "Time will tell." Was all Jonghyun said. "Now go to sleep baby, we'll talk about this tomorrow morning, okay? Just rest for now." Kibum said knowing sleep was the best way to forget things for the mean time.

 

"B-but can someone please stay with me?" He asked. "I will, don't worry." Kibum and Minho left, while Jonghyun stayed in the room since it was his room as well.

 

Jinki got up the moment he heard the door open. Kibum and Minho was shocked to see Jinki's face covered in tears. "Hyung... why are you crying?"

 

"Crying?" He touched his eyes and felt warm tears.

 

I was crying and I didn't even noticed? What's happening to me?

 

"I... I don't know..." But Kibum knew why, he knew what Jinki was feeling. He knew it very well but didn't say anything. He decided to just let everything go in the pace it was going but of course he'll help in anyway he can.


 

 


Well I don't know if that made sense. Hope it did though. I kind of feel like everything is everywhere.
Anyways, here's the third chapter hope you enjoyed it. I'm trying to post a new chapter every week. I'm just really busy right now, so I don't know.
Thanks for reading!
AND ONTAE FOR EVERYONE!

YIs_kDPBQqGGdDzbvsSOCFT8NPLeWXBGrY8QKkz9ZhsFnnQC0k3Kqh8YhzTsiaz0nzbk9wQvvgCDatNUVT-3Xi9U5tgfSMtPg5ZIkCmtFE7KPLWSZu4T9ocDxhmBkKP2rgB3_L6C

ArlhA76MqBKeXhxmCQRQVNuC8qKX3pkA00HHZIHcyVRiUqmLjXtybcgtAi8310JrVfzPBfJISMGyZInoUuebq_8xTg7EGSm8YFgnONBvjnjRmTsjYIEolPOzjMM6WpUAQcXEc3nb

444hml_tbE7-Kq6678T9-uhlGN5e3MNOmEB-6S0GhWZYYdDSCTMHrEZEpPPF1eojOPNTSQNFaOXwx3xgtBcX0cFIwtPei42Hd6-NU2FK9kMi8SoWDNCVmXiBGGnwK4XBRXu2RJaE