Chapter 13

Will You Realize..?

It's me again!! Missed me? Sorry for the really late updates... Also HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Enjoy!


 

 

Envy

 

While Jinki was still in the maknae's room, it turns out that the two dancers were awake. Just a few minutes ago Jongin couldn't sleep properly due to the sun seeping through the curtains, so after a few tries of trying to get some sleep he lost, he woke up the older dancer.

 

As Jongin sat up he immediately cursed at the curtains, since he thought that the curtains were close and were just sheer, but the curtains were actually wide open letting the sun shine through without difficulties.

 

They were about the get up from the bed thinking that the one in the kitchen making noises were Kibum until the door to the room opened quietly. As soon as they saw someone coming in they both lied back on the bed in an instant as well as hugging one another, thinking that maybe it could be Jinki. After all, the plan they both talked about last night still didn't happen.

 

They both soon figured out that it was in fact Jinki that came into the room. However Taemin didn't know what to do, he was wondering if he should just get up pretending he just woke up or pretend that he was actually sleeping. Jongin somehow caught on with what the older dancer was thinking and hugged him tightly silently telling him that he should continue to pretend instead.

 

As soon as they saw Jinki heading back to the door Jongin pulled Taemin on top on him. Taemin tried so hard not to make a sound because of how startled he felt. This wasn't part of the plan after all.

 

Taemin's head was tucked under the other's neck not giving him a chance on what he could've seen from Jinki, but Jongin had a great view of Jinki. He saw the annoyance and bitterness in the elder's face, he closed his eyes again smirking to himself, knowing that he had caught the elder this time with his own two eyes instead of his mind claiming that what he saw was just a mistake.

 

Jinki stayed standing there for a few seconds until he grabbed the doorknob and closed it, succeeding that it didn't make much of a sound. Taemin's heart was slightly beating faster and Jongin could almost feel it. The maknae wondered how he might've looked like on top on Jongin, he didn't want to give Jinki the wrong idea of him and Jongin together when Jongin was rightfully Kyungsoo's.

 

He remembered he told Jinki that he was gay but he didn't want Jinki to look at him as if his whole character had changed. He still wanted to be looked at as his best friend but he thought it was going to be impossible for that to happen since he had no idea if Jinki supported LGBT... He just hoped that the future wouldn't be hell for him.

 

Once Taemin heard a door closing from the hallway, hoping it was Jinki's door he got off his friend. He had a faint blush on his face, regretting that he agreed with Jongin about this plan. Why did Jongin's plan always have to be so intimate? All he can think of was how he planned the same thing for Jongin, when the other wanted Kyungsoo to be his boyfriend.

 

He didn't like that he made intimate plans with Jongin just to get Kyungsoo because now he had to do them. He regretted all that now, of course not seriously but he regretted it just a bit. Every passing second, he was beginning to regret everything because he knew that in the future he'll get red just by the stories that would unravel. He knew that if this was to be told in the future Jinki would probably distance himself farther away from him.

 

Taemin kept thinking about the negatives and never the positives. Because what if... what if Jinki doesn't distance himself from the dancer? And instead pull him into a hug and kiss him all over his face... What if Jinki thanks him in the future because the leader found out about how much trouble he had to go through just to earn the elder's love?Just... What if?

 

"Y-yah... you didn't have to pull me on top of you..." Taemin looked down as he struggled to get off the bed. "It already happened, deal with it..." Jongin replied with attitude. "Why are you in a bad mood so early in the morning and how did hyung looked?"

 

"I'm in a bad mood because of that" The younger said as he pointed to the window. Taemin looked at where his friend was pointing and got what the other was saying. He knew that Jongin never liked to see light right after waking up and it pissed the younger if it ever happened. Taemin gave a small apologetic nod at Jongin but in the end it was ignored.

 

"And hyung looked confused..." Jongin continued, trying to look for the bag he came with so that he can go to the washroom and freshen up a bit.

 

"He probably doesn't want to be friends with me anymore..." Taemin mumbled as he sat down looking at Jongin as if the boy had gone crazy just because he couldn't find his bag. Jongin stopped for a second and looked over at Taemin. "And why do you think that?" Jongin replied with a much more soothing voice seeing the pout on his hyung, of course he wanted to laugh at it but he knew it would wreck the others mood because the other had too many things going on already.

 

"Well, now he knows that I'm gay, he probably thought we did something..." Taemin pouted. "Are you serious hyung? You’ve got to be kidding me, just because two guys sleep on the same bed doesn't mean they did anything of the sort..."

 

Taemin rolled his eyes, aware that the younger forgot that he was pulled on top of him making it seem that their friendship meant more to them. Instead of reminding the younger he got up from the bed and went into the washroom to wash up before Jongin since the other couldn't find his bag yet. Taemin knew where it was though, he just didn't say anything liking how the other was throwing everything everywhere.

 

As Taemin was brushing his teeth, he noticed how tired he looked. He was sure that people would ask him why he had dark bags under both eyes when he was on a "break". As idols, when you are given a break, instead of staying out pretty late, you would go take a long rest, after all who wouldn't after all the performances and schedules? He finished washing his face with extra care, because right now the least he could do was take care of his skin if he couldn't take care of all the stress he's been having. He walked towards the kitchen slowly as he looked through the messages he received as he slept, in particular he was reading the message from one of his managers.

 

He pocketed his phone as he was entering the kitchen hoping that there was food right there on the table ready to eat, but unfortunately there wasn't any. He also noticed that no one else was awake, so he thought that Jinki must've been the one who was making the noises in the kitchen.

 

After realizing he can't make anything edible to eat he called for Kai and asked him to make him some food. Instead of Jongin coming into the kitchen it was none other than the leader who came in, startling the dancer.

 

Jinki had heard Taemin yell for Kai to go to the kitchen and make him food. He suddenly stood up clumsily from his bed throwing the blankets that fell on the floor back on the bed, he opened his door quietly enough so that the rest of s wouldn't wake up just yet. He then fast-walked towards where Taemin was, taking a few breaths before entering the kitchen, so that it didn't seem like he practically ran to make Taemin breakfast.

 

Taemin was shocked to see Jinki come into the kitchen, since he thought that Jinki would spend his morning more on sleeping knowing it was still pretty early for the both of them to be awake but he thought wrong. He still remembered to ignore Jinki and turned around and drank his banana milk he got from the refrigerator.

 

"Morning..." Jinki had his head down, now feeling embarrassed since how he came in before Kai. He didn't receive a reply from the younger but he ignored it feeling his cheeks get warmer and warmer just by realizing that he must've looked stupid just now. "I'll be making food, what would you li-"

 

"Hyung! What do you want to eat?" Jongin interrupted joyfully. He didn't mean to cut off Jinki, he didn't even know that Jinki would be there. Jinki sent the younger a small glare, not the obvious one though. Jongin soon apologized for interrupting the elder and walked around the counter as he went beside his best friend to hug him. "Morning hyung..." Jongin whispered to Taemin as he hugged the elder, the whisper was loud enough that the leader got to hear it, and this made the leader look back at the two.

 

"He said he'll be making breakfast..." Taemin informed Jongin as he pointed to the leader, and as he was saying this, Jinki was already at the refrigerator getting the things he needed to make food.

 

"Great!" Jongin replied too happily.

 

Taemin and Jinki looked back at Jongin surprised with the cheerful tone he gave out. Jinki continued to send daggers at the dancer, as Taemin was shaking his head with a smile. Jongin knew that Jinki was giving him glances he wouldn't dare to ask for again but this time he wanted it, it was fun to see Jinki become jealous over his best friend.

 

"Why would that be great?" Jinki had to ask. "It's great, because I get to spend more time with my best friend!" Jongin hugged Taemin tightly this time as if he didn't want him to breathe. "Then you should be making breakfast..." Jinki mumbled. "Wae?" Jongin looked up innocently as well as hiding the little smirk on his face. "Because you already spent time with Minnie and I haven't yet..." Jinki replied as he was now looking for some spices in the cupboards. "But if I was to make breakfast you would hang out with your girlfriend instead of Taemin hyung... and plus, you can use your free time after making breakfast with your girlfriend..."

 

"G-girlfriend?"

 

By this time the couple and Minho came into the kitchen wondering why it was so loud. The three stayed standing at the entrance though, feeling the tense atmosphere even if they didn't have a clue on what was happening at the moment. They quietly looked back and forth at their guest and leader, wondering why it was so tensed but they knew it had something to do with their maknae in the arms of the youngest.

 

The three were just startled when Jongin said something they didn't plan on hearing first thing in the morning. "Onew hyung, don't tell me that you forgot that you had a girlfriend?" Jongin said in an accusing voice. "W-what? Why would you think I f-forgot about Jungah?"

 

​"Oh... nothing... maybe because it seems like you always want to spend your time with my best friend here." Jongin replied as he gestured towards Taemin. "He's my best friend too..." Jinki mumbled as he got the breakfast ready for his dongsaengs.

 

For now, no one dared to speak. Everything was quiet, the only sound was the food boiling and sizzling on the stove. Key didn't bother kicking Jinki out of kitchen since he now knew that the leader wouldn't burn down the dorm, not after what Taemin told him that the leader made breakfast for the both of them when they were away.

 

The other four sat down at the table, patiently waiting for the food to be served. It was still quiet and no one dared to break the silence. Taemin slapped Jongin on the arm looking at him as if he was saying you-should've-said-that-but-I-was-glad-you-did.

 

Jongin only sent him a smile and massaged the arm he had been hit. Taemin then noticed that he probably hit the younger a bit too hard and to say sorry he massaged the arm. Jinki caught this even without looking at the two and he wished he could hurt Jongin but of course he wouldn’t do that because it wasn't in his nature to do so.

 

Jinki finally finished with the food and immediately brought it to the table, not wanting his dongsaengs to wait any longer. He couldn't sit in his usual seat because Jongin took his seat beside Taemin, so he had to sit in another seat which was beside Minho. As he was walking to his seat he mumbled something under his breath, probably about his seat being taken. They sat quietly at the table, saying their thankfulness towards the food and began eating.

 

Just then Taemin noticed Kibum's neck and collar. This made him eat his food much faster so that no one can see his flushed face. Jinki noticed and looked at where the younger was looking.

 

Why would Minnie be flushed over that? I'm sure he did that last night too, right?...

 

"H-hyung... Taemin couldn't take it, so he stopped to tell Key to cover up a bit.  "Neh?"

 

"C-can... can you p-please cov-"

 

"Kibum-ah cover your neck please..." Jinki cut off. The leader knew that his maknae was having a hard time processing his words, so to help in a small way he said what the younger wanted to say. "Huh?" Kibum took out his phone, opening it to the camera. Both his eyes grew big at what he saw and slapped Jonghyun. He couldn't believe that the dino marked him as if the marks won't stay there for a long time.

 

"I told you not to leave large marks you idiot!" Key turned to his boyfriend with an accusing face. "Sorry... not sorry." Jonghyun smiled innocently. "Aish... whatever." And that's when Jonghyun sat up and kissed him on the cheek making the other blush.

 

Having to witness this, Jinki envied it. He wanted to have someone that he can openly kiss without feeling like it should be someone else receiving it. He wanted his relationship to seem happy like Jonghyun and Key's. And as he thinking about having a relationship just like that, he didn't notice his eyes dropped on the maknae until the said boy waved a hand in front of him with his brow raised.

 

He smiled at the younger but later scolded himself in his head for thinking about the younger in that way. It seems like Jinki was finally realizing but he was also denying it at the same time...


 

 


Hoped you all enjoyed it! I was actually having troubles with this one as well but... I DID IT.
'Till next time!! BYE!
AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

cu-wQyRWf4k8kOZ_eELx4CPKl_99uRW4Bcsj8FfaEmkvq7jn2vkSaDIhK_kahElJgYA5IsY9UAmxqbziTsIeRMKz2pY8LcKuloohGD_Vu7glcEcUdDQhdw6FnAOpTq0h9f6rRHKt   iSRNRxWXPwoxC3OK5gWXHfy4G3FZ0q5Zl90B6tRklnxXn-MkJd6TkiUQKR55x4Zpra8pD9x18oiNzUFKDu_g4d3jOuoxImyG6gSRawW-_OzjA5jgK7aP0KRtCBmHv9rNXyF-HQxp