Chapter 12

Will You Realize..?

Hope I didn't keep you waiting for long... Too many things happening… btw MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Enjoy!

 


 

 

When Combined, They’re Wicked

 

Taemin waited for Minho patiently. As Minho climbed into the van and sat at the front, he mumbled a 'sorry'. Once he got seated properly he looked back at the younger, making a face as if he was saying that he was really sorry for making him wait for so long. Minho never liked to make anyone wait out for him. Especially if the other had too many things going around in their life. He felt as if he was a burden and he was sure that it wasn't only him who didn't like that feeling.

 

"It's okay, hyung..." Taemin comforted with a smile. He knew that the rapper was truly sorry, it was pretty obvious because of his facial expressions. Plus it wasn't the rapper's fault that the papers he needed to sign wasn't there with the information he needed to read.

 

The car hasn't started yet, the only person that was now missing from the van was their manager to take both of them back to the dorm. It was pretty late now, the streets lights reflected on the pavement as the moonlight peeked through the clouds that seemed like they weren't even there. They both sat in silence, not an awkward one but a comfortable one.

 

Minho knew that Taemin wanted to rest and let everything in his mind be cleared off even if it was just for a few minutes, so he let the dancer have his peace and quiet, which Taemin was grateful for.

 

Once their manager entered the van, taking deep breaths from running back from the building, they had little talks about what was going to happen to their up coming schedules. Minho still has no clue about what the younger had signed for, not even a tiny weeny clue but again it didn't bother him. It took them about 15 minutes to arrive back to the dorm. The rapper and the dancer both bid goodbye to their manager and waited until the van took off. Once they couldn't see the van they both headed upstairs to their dorm to rest after a long day.

 

They finally reached their floor, having Taemin cheer up a bit knowing that he'll be able to rest but he soon complained once he remembered that their dorm was at the end of the long hallway. When they finally reached the desired door, the rapper punched in the code and opened it, letting the younger go in first.

 

Inside the dorm, Jonghyun, Key and Jongin all heard the door and waited for the other two to enter. The trio were feeling impatient since they had so many things to tell the maknae.

 

Jinki still hasn't come out of his room ever since he walked out of the living room and it was making Key worry... He thought that Jinki would have eventually come out of the room to grab food, or go to the bathroom, or talk to them about anything but he hasn't. They tried everything they can, they even ordered Jinki's favorite, fried chicken but that didn't work either. They even tried singing trot songs knowing that the elder liked it but that plan failed because they at singing trot.

 

There was one thing to do but that involved calling Jinki's girlfriend and Key didn't want to have the woman over and it was late after all. As soon as Kibum saw Taemin enter he attacked the dancer with a tight hug as if he hadn't seen the younger in a long time. "Tae-baby!" Taemin was caught in surprise wondering why the elder had to hug him this tight. The hug was so tight he almost couldn't breathe from the lack of air.

 

Taemin looked back at the others lifting his brows as if asking what happened to Key. Jonghyun and Jongin both pointed towards the hall. Taemin didn't need anymore hints and knew that the two were actually pointing to where Jinki was at the moment.

 

The dancer pried the diva off of him and headed towards his room without giving the others the chance to speak. They all thought that Taemin was heading to the leader's room to talk and get this thing over with, but they were wrong.

 

"Don't worry, I still remember the plan." He smiled looking back at the four before he opened his door. He closed the door to his room to change into much more comfortable clothes, just as he was finished dressing up, he heard a knock. The door quietly opened letting him know that someone was coming in. "Taemin-ah?"

 

"Hmm?" Jonghyun was about to say something again but was pushed aside by Key, making him stumble backward. The good thing was that Jongin was just right behind him to catch him, unlike what his boyfriend did. "Jjong, get out of the way, I want to enter the room already." The diva complained as he situated himself on Jonghyun’s bed, not caring if his lover was okay or not. The other three entered and got seated around Taemin. "So here's the plan… Jinki is obviously going to come out now knowing that his Minnie is home, so Minho hyung sit beside Tae and sit really close." Jongin said once he knew that everyone was nice and comfortable.

 

This made Taemin really confused. Why did Minho have to sit with him and why did he have to be sitting close? Many possibilities came into his mind but he hoped that they were nothing but false thoughts. "What happened when we were out?" Taemin asked pointing to himself and Minho. "We said some things to Jinki hyung but don't worry it wasn't anything serious... just... they were hints." His best friend answered. Taemin smiled liking that Jongin would do anything to let Jinki know that he had feelings for him obliviously... and because of that, he didn't argue with the other. Well not much anyway.

 

Minho followed what he was told and sat really close beside Taemin as if the bed wasn't big enough to hold the both of them there. He rested his hands on the dancer's waist, having Taemin squirm not liking that he had to stay near Minho for the time being.

 

As that was happening Jonghyun made sure that the door was slightly open so that Jinki can see what was going on in the room if he were to come and check on what was happening. "Don't think you can do this while we're on stage... I don't ship 2min and you know that..." Taemin mumbled, but made sure that everyone heard. Hearing this from the boy, everyone laughed causing Minho to have a faint blush on both his cheeks. "Aish... As if I'll do it on purpose." Minho replied as he shook his head.

 

***

 

Jinki stayed in his room waiting for Taemin to eventually enter his room and talk but that never happened, he only heard the others laugh with the younger. He got curious and walked out into the hallway. As he was nearing Taemin's room he noticed that the door wasn't fully closed and thought that the five probably forgot to close it.

 

He peeked through the tiny slit seeing that Taemin was in fact close with Minho or should I say close to Minho. Not just close, but sitting in between the rapper's legs as well as leaning into the chest behind him.

 

Jinki watched the five for a few minutes, he noticed that Minho's hands were heading lower, and saw that Taemin wasn't affected by it. He stopped watching and leaned onto the wall next to the door, trying to figure out if the thing he just saw had something to do with what Jongin said earlier.

 

Jongin said that Minnie might be dating someone, and also said that he was close with Minho... Does that mean...


 

That they're dating?


 

Jinki's mind was all over the place. He didn't want to believe that his Minnie was dating Minho, he didn't want to believe that Taemin loved someone else more than a friend. He knew that he was being possessive towards the younger but he didn't blamed that on himself, he fully blamed it on the friendship he built with Taemin.

 

Ever since their debut days, he has always been possessive when it came to the younger. He had this sudden urge to protect him since the dancer was only twelve at the time. He didn't want the younger to turn into a snobby brat because of fame and anything relating to the media. Sure, their friendship wasn't that great now but at least now he grew to know that he actually cared for the maknae more than he cared about his other members.

 

Jinki walked back into his room, accepting the fact that he won't be able to hang out and talk to the younger.

 

He seems much happier when I'm not there...

 

He looked back to the door as he heard another loud roar of laughter from the only person he wanted to spend the rest of his day with. Hearing that joyous laugh not directed to him only gave him that rejected feeling he's been feeling for the past few days.

 

He walked back to his room not even bothering to know what the others were talking about. The leader entered his room plopping down on the bed. He got bored real fast, usually the younger would go into his room and talk about his day but as he sat up on his bed he noticed that it's been weeks since the younger had done that.

 

"Maybe the reason Minnie and I aren't close anymore is because we don't get our late night talks anymore..." Jinki mumbled as he looked up at the ceiling. Jinki jumped from his bed, thinking that this was probably the reason why him and Taemin were drifting apart. He wanted to fix this problem, so he thought that approaching Taemin first would be much better instead of vice versa.

 

"Yeah that's what I'll do..." He smiled.

 

He lied back on his bed grabbing a book, which Jungah bought for him. The plot of the story wasn't his style, it just wasn't made for him. In short he didn't like it. He found it cliché but he read it anyway, knowing that Jungah would bother him asking how the book was.

 

Reading this book made him realize that Jungah didn't know much about what he liked or disliked. That fact made him wonder why they were dating in the first place. If a relationship was meant to know the other much more then how come Jungah bought things for him he didn't quite enjoy?

 

***

 

Taemin knew that Jinki was at the door, so he immediately sat in between Minho's legs and leaned into the firm chest behind him. He grabbed the rappers hands and situated them on his waist and of course he also acted as if he liked being held on the waist. The others in the room looked at him weirdly, wondering why he changed when just a minute ago he wanted to cut the rappers hands.

 

It soon clicked in their heads that Jinki was at the door, they began to act as well. Taemin thought that this whole thing will go to nowhere. Usually his leader would join them into the fun, but he remembered that Jinki had stopped doing things like that ever since he started dating.

 

When he knew the elder left hearing the door close he pried Minho's hands off of him. The maknae stood up from his bed facing the rapper with an angry face. "Go any lower and I will cut off your balls." Pulling off a stern face.

 

The action from the maknae made the couple and Jongin giggle, the only thing that Minho could do was stare as if he did something very illegal.

 

"Uhmmm, excuse me... was I the one who all of the sudden wanted to sit between my legs?... Didn't think so... so hush up maknae." This made the maknae blush a bit, he didn't know what to say now knowing that the rapper had said the things that he won't be able to deny since there were witnesses. When they knew that the leader won't be coming out of his room any time soon, Jongin sat beside his best friend.

 

"Hyung..."

 

"What?" Taemin replied as he was destroying his pillow covers, only pouting when he couldn't take the loose thread out. "I know you don't want to assume on things that revolve around love... but I think Jinki hyung is slowly getting jealous..."

 

"And why do you think that?" Taemin questioned. "I don't know how to explain it without you having to say things to back it up as a "normal thing" for Jinki hyung to do..."

 

"Oh well." Taemin played it cool.

 

With Taemin acting like this, Jongin was the one who was confused now. He thought that the reason they were doing all of this was to make the SHINee's leader jealous? But now it seemed like it wasn't. He wanted to ask so many questions but he knew that none could be answered without the others in the room knowing.

 

For a few more minutes they kept talking while Jongin just sat there not saying much, not until Jonghyun noticed. The singer wondered why the younger was so quiet when just a few minutes ago he was explaining things to Taemin and talking to him as well. "Jongin-ah... are you okay?"

 

"Neh..."

 

"Then why are you staring at something not important?" Key asked this time. "Yah!" Minho yelled as he threw a pillow at the other. Turns out Jongin was looking at Minho, but was really looking nowhere in particular, Kibum also didn't know that Jongin was looking at the rapper but he played along to at least bring up the mood.

 

"Mianhe, but I wasn't looking at him really..." Jongin assured. "See, frog... people do think you're invisible..."

 

"Did you not understand what he said? He said he didn't see m- ohhhh... never mind." Minho replied feeling a bit embarrassed that he tried to back it up.

 

"Yah! How did you not see me if I'm right in front of you!"

 

"Dunno, thought I was looking at a frog. And you see... when I see animals that don't belong in a city, I don't pay attention to it." Jongin said to play along with the diva. Minho was about to speak, but was stopped by Jonghyun.

 

"Just let the diva have his way, please." Jonghyun in. "I heard that..." Key mumbled.

 

Jonghyun grabbed Key waist and wrapped his arms around him. Taemin only looked at the couple across from him in envy. Having to know that Key was actually straight back then, but was now dating Jonghyun, made him envy their relationship even more. Their love for one another made it seem like they were actually made for one another.

 

"Hyung, Kibum-ah!" Minho yelled.

 

"What alien."

 

"Stop."

 

"And why should we?"

 

"Oh I don't know... maybe because there's a certain person here who is envying what you two have right now." Minho said in an exaggerated voice. With what the rapper said, it snapped Taemin out of his thoughts, hitting the rapper lightly on the arm as well as chuckling. The couple bowed their heads, feeling sorry that they forgot about Taemin and his love life.

 

Who can blame them though? It was just so comfortable for the both of them. The couple was so used to the thoughts of holding each other in their arms where they belong. They both actually thought that Jinki will be able to catch on his own feelings by the sights of them, but since that didn't work the pair kept doing it as an excuse to hold each other more often.

 

Since it was almost past two in the morning, they all decided to finally sleep. Key asked his boyfriend if he would like to stay the night in his room, to leave the two dancers in one room.

 

***

 

Once Taemin and Jongin were left in the room. The younger sat on Taemin's bed. He didn't like sleeping on Jonghyun's bed. All Jongin could think about was Jonghyun and Key doing who-knows-what on the bed when Taemin wasn't staying at the dorm.

 

Taemin waited for Jongin to settle down in his bed, losing his patience because the younger couldn't stop moving, He got irritated but Jongin soon stopped knowing that the elder was second guessing if he should hit his best friend or not. When Taemin knew that they can talk in peace without any disruptions he began speaking. The two dancers talked, adding a few more details to what they were going to do.

 

The two dancers came up with a great plan—  well I wouldn't say great, more like stupid but it works —to make the leader a bit more jealous to the point that Jinki would actually burst. Of course Taemin wouldn't have thought about that, but Jongin surely did.

 

Taemin doesn’t even know why he’s still doing this, for all he knows Jinki wouldn’t fall for him. He knew making someone jealous when the other had someone already was just plain stupid. He knew that the plan worked with Jonghyun and Kai only because the people they loved were single and had no one to think of, when Jinki had someone to love and care for already.

 

That night Taemin fell asleep curled into Jongin as the other held him in place having the elder's head tucked under his chin. Both were tangled up but they were both comfortable with it. This was just the first part of their plan, they just needed the rest of it to go as planned in the morning.


 

***

 

As morning came, the sun began to seep through the curtains in Taemin's room. Having the room gradually earn more light. Jongin woke up from the light but hid his eyes into Taemin's neck making him fall asleep once again.

 

Jinki on the other hand woke up, feeling happy that it was a new day and also because he knew that since it was a new day it meant that Taemin was free, well... unless he already made plans the previous day. It was quite surprising that the leader was the first to wake up when Key would usually be the first. However, given the fact the couple might've shared Key’s room last night, made him think that the couple probably did something during the night.

 

With his own personal conclusion Jinki chuckled quietly, walking towards the kitchen. Just as he was about to enter the kitchen he spotted a different pair of shoes at the front door and right away he knew that it was Jongin’s.

 

He hasn't left yet?

 

Having to know that Jongin might still be here, Jinki quickly made his coffee and headed towards the maknae's room to have himself see if what Jongin said was actually true.

 

Turns out, all Jongin said the day before was true. The pair on the bed was in fact hugging and tangled together. The fact that Jinki saw that with his own eyes made him think that "well they are best friends..." but who was he kidding? The two looked like they were comfortable and looked like they've been doing this for as long as he had met the boy.

 

The leader almost hated that the two were tangled together as if they both wouldn't even care if anyone else in the dorm finds them like this. Well it wouldn't be much a surprise to the rest anyway since the two boys were attached to the hip.

 

The leader looked at the pair with bitterness. He knew that if he was to be found lurking in Taemin’s room, he would have to explain. And when it came to explaining to such situations he would unconsciously start to stutter making it seem like he didn't even know how to speak in proper sentences.

 

He headed back to the door but heard a movement coming from the bed. He looked back at the two only to see that Taemin was now on top of Jongin. He a made a face before he grabbed the doorknob and closed it hoping he didn't make a sound.

 

As he was walking back to his room he began to talk to himself. Saying things as if Taemin and him had a thing going, when they didn't.

 

"Why is he hugging him? He's suppose to be hugging me instead..." He blushed when he realized what he thought. He increased his pace just in case someone heard what he said.

 

He didn't realize he was saying all kinds of things he never even thought of saying about the younger before. But now that he had a very unusual amount of time since Jungah wasn't asking him to come every single day, he had plenty of time to think about the past few days and realize quite a few things.. It's just that he can never seem to realize Taemin's love for him…


 

 


I've noticed something about the way I end my chapters... They all usually end with Jinki... But oh well. It  keeps you guys guessing...
I really hoped that you all enjoyed this chapter.. Sorry that it took long...

bISFNms24662iN-CBxvPAEycTn_9rhIvlA-mZ8Bp6wZlGmxFRodJMNbzYKC2ImGiej7SNU-A379gAaJvKLivW5GEid5I4KUiN0fmnTmU6nc_pIsH36K_gpQ3QX0IFpJq_EdMdyAX

I'm seriously going crazy because I kept on forgetting the right words to put in the sentences.. So I'm so sorry if some didn't make any sense.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AGAIN!!!