Chapter 23

Will You Realize..?

Here I am with another chapter!! I’m really trying my best to finish this story before school starts. So yes maybe this story will end by the end of the summer.

Enjoy!


 

 

Views

 

Jinki kept following the “man-child” to his room. He stood by the door with an obvious look of irritation on his face, just observing what the singer was doing.

 

“Jonghyun,” he sighed, “what is it?” His arms were now across his chest as he leaned on the door frame. The other boy only shrugged, walking to his bed as well as glancing at the other bed across from his.

 

Although Jinki was doing his best to show his strict demeanor, he couldn’t help but feel anxious because of the boy’s eyes. Eyes that had something hidden in them. What was it though? He couldn’t put a finger on it. And although he thought he was doing his very best to show he wasn’t shaken in the inside, Jonghyun saw through him.

 

The leader was about the give up, thinking the boy was only doing what he was doing to annoy him some more but he saw the ends of Jonghyun’s lips curve slightly upward. Which spoke otherwise. He didn’t like it. It only meant that the boy knew something, he knew how to read Jonghyun. He was easy to read.

 

Jinki asked the same question again but still didn’t get an answer. He stopped for a while until he spoke again “Jonghyun, if you don’t answ-”

 

“So how did his lips feel?”

 

Jonghyun cut as he was now eyeing the older boy with slight amusement, toying with something. Something that seemed to belong to Jinki.

 

As Jonghyun was having the time of his life making the leader feel miserable, Jinki was frozen in his spot, still in the same position as he was before. However, now he really couldn’t hide that he was not relaxed whatsoever.

 

Jinki didn’t miss that awful smirk the singer shot him. The same smirk that got him to follow the boy to this room in the first place. He felt as if he was dying in the inside because of it. How could the boy in front of him be smirking when his heart was literally skipping beats? When his lungs wasn’t even taking oxygen like it was suppose to do? Jinki didn’t even noticed it himself, but his eyes were wide, lips not even closed. If Jonghyun wasn’t planning to have a serious talk right now, he would’ve laughed at the almost comical sight.

 

It was remarkable to see their leader at this state.

 

Jinki was now a little more confident that Jonghyun knew about the kiss. Not the kiss he gave Taemin when they were away… no… the kiss he gave the boy as he was asleep.

 

He didn’t know for sure but no one could possibly know about the kiss by the wall, right? Taemin was mad about it, he was even the one to say to forget about it — that it didn’t happen. Jonghyun must be talking about the other one, after all he was in the room when it happened.

 

“You dropped this when you ran out…” Jonghyun began as he walked up to the leader, holding a ring right in front of his face. “Though…” he cocked his head “I don’t think you need it anymore… do you hyung?” Jonghyun teased as he looked down at the ring examining it as if Jinki hadn’t already told him what recently happened with Jungah. Jinki didn’t reply because he silently agreed to what the other said. He didn’t need it anymore because Jungah and him weren’t together. The couple ring wasn’t needed anymore. And he surely didn’t want it anymore either. “But anyways…” the singer continued “let’s talk about that kiss?”

 

“Jonghyun… I-I reall-”

 

“Ani hyung… you can’t get away from this one… but I do have a question.” Jonghyun spun as he sat back on his bed, placing the ring on the night stand. He later signalled Jinki to sit at the other bed across from his. It took Jinki a moment to make a decision but he later followed, walking to the said place while quietly mumbling “jee… for a short boy you have a lot…”

 

“I heard that!”

 

“You were supposed to,” Jinki snapped as he glared at the boy “so what’s your question or questions” he said, emphasising the ‘s’ by a lot, knowing Jonghyun must have so many. The boy could be compared to a toddler even because of it. Honestly, Jinki thought the boy had asked all his questions prior to this moment. He thought the boy had ran out of them already. But he guessed wrong. “Good, you know I have plenty,” Jonghyun clapped, later rubbing his hands together. “This talk will be faster then, you’ll survive, don’t worry~” the boy ended with a bright smile, getting up to pat Jinki’s shoulder and sitting back down.

 

Jinki didn’t even bother to say anything back, only waiting for Jonghyun to start this “interview”. Of course the short boy didn’t start, he just sat there, looking as if he had a lot of time in his hands.

 

The reason why Jonghyun hasn’t been starting to ask his questions was because he wanted the leader to get his mind straight. He wanted the leader to say the things he knows Jinki has been wanting to say but because the older boy only let out his thoughts to one person — it being the maknae — he knew he had to at least give him time. No one liked to share to people they weren’t that comfortable with.

 

“Jonghyun, ask already.”

 

“Oh… you’re not nervous? I thought you were,” Jonghyun taunt as he leaned forward “I mean, you shouldn’t be so that’s good. Although… if I was in your place right now, I’d probably be ting my pants by now…” Soon Jonghyun started blabbering and Jinki, the person who couldn’t handle the boy at the moment was getting more and more irritated.

 

“Jonghyun just ask!”

 

“Okay… jeez, you don’t have to be all loud…” Jonghyun sassed and Jinki leaned on his knees, sighing as he rubbed his temples. “So why?” Jonghyun began, sitting in a relaxed position, showing Jinki that whatever they were going to talk about would be cool. That it’d be all good.

 

“Why what Jonghyun? I’m pretty sure it was obvious as to why I kissed him.” Jinki replied as he rubbed his forehead.

 

“I know, but you didn’t even know you were doing it.” Jonghyun replied, only making Jinki sigh to what he said. “If it makes you feel any better it just shows more about how you feel. Why are you hiding them?” Jinki sighed once more. He also didn’t know, because right now he could be confessing to the maknae already — make him his — but why was he prolonging it?

 

As if Jonghyun was sitting in his thoughts he answered.

 

“You’re afraid.”

 

“Hell yeah I’m afraid!” Jinki got up to walk around, thinking it’ll calm him down a bit, when it didn’t he sat against the wall, gripping onto his hair. “You don’t have to be, hyung…” Jonghyun comforted as he walked towards the elder, situating himself beside the other.

 

“You don’t get it… you don’t get why I’m afraid…” The leader complained.

 

Jonghyun heard how Jinki’s voice wavered, it only meant the boy was about to cry. “Rejection?” Jonghyun tried to guess. He thought he was right, wasn’t that what most people who are in love are afraid of? Weren’t they afraid to be rejected by the person they’ve been longing for? He knew Taemin was. He knew himself that he was. But his guess was wrong.

 

Jinki wasn’t afraid of rejection. Yeah, he was a few years back, but not anymore. Not when he knew rejection was only a form of saying he needed to try harder, which he told himself he will.

 

For him.

 

“Jonghyun…” Jinki sniffed, burying his head into Jonghyun’s chest. “I’ve hurt him so many times without even knowing…” This time he looked up with tears forming in his eyes and it hurt Jonghyun to see him like that. “But hyung… everyone who falls in love gets hurt, you know that.” He comforted, hugging Jinki tighter.

 

No one talked for a while, the only thing that was happening now was Jinki crying and it seemed like it wouldn’t stop any sooner. He was looking for warmth from Jonghyun’s chest, he was looking for a friend that would finally listen to what he’s been keeping inside.

 

“I’ve hurt him…“ Those were the words the leader kept mumbling. Jonghyun didn’t know why but as Jinki kept repeating those words, he thought to himself. He couldn’t think of what exactly the leader was thinking of but all of the sudden Taemin’s words were brought back to his head, then it hit him.

 

“Was it because you kissed him again but this time he was awake?” He guessed.

 

When the singer felt Jinki lift his head up slightly he knew his guess was right. He had a clue as to why Taemin must’ve been hurt because of the kiss, he would’ve been too if he was in the boy’s place. But there must’ve been something else that was kept from him and everyone, he knew there was. Considering Taemin and Jinki were always the members who hid things.

 

Jonghyun tilted his head to look at Jinki and from the leader’s face Jonghyun knew he was asking himself how he knew. So he answered the possible questions that must’ve been running in Jinki’s head.

 

“He wrote it in his journal…” Jonghyun began to explain “but he didn’t write anything else but ‘he kissed me…’, he didn’t tell me either.” He ended. “You read his journal?”

“Hmm… I guess everyone has a thing with the maknae’s journal. Don’t you think?” Jonghyun chuckled.

 

Again, there was that silence. It was only Jonghyun hugging the leader and Jinki looking at nowhere.

 

“H-how, did you know it was me though?” Jinki mumbled.

 

“He wouldn’t have wrote it down if it wasn’t you… and don’t tell him this but I’m pretty sure he wrote more things about you…” Jonghyun said trying to bring Jinki’s mood up. Hearing this, Jinki raise his brows showing he was curious as to why the boy knew that.

 

It made Jinki happy in the inside that Taemin wrote about him a lot. That Taemin always thought of him.

 

“I skimmed through it…” Jonghyun answered to which Jinki only hit his shoulder with a chuckle. “We should really stop it with Taemin’s journal… it’s not good.” Jinki sniffed, making the other boy chuckle with him.

 

There was a pause again and Jonghyun knew Jinki was itching to ask a particular question.

 

“Well… w-what else did you see?” Jinki questioned, making the other laugh.

 

Does he know he’s so predictable?

 

Seeing the leader desperate to know what Taemin has been writing made him almost squeal. To see that Jinki loved Taemin so much.

 

“Well… I’m not entirely sure but it seemed like he turned those entries into song lyrics…”

 

Song lyrics… for me?

 

Jonghyun smiled when he saw that the other boy’s face formed a smile. He knew Jinki must’ve been thinking about Taemin — He must’ve been imagining about how the maknae would sit down and write lyrics about him. He didn’t say anything and neither did Jinki. Jonghyun just sat there with Jinki, thinking about the past few months, thinking about how the heartbreaks wouldn’t have happened if the two hadn’t been so secretive about their feelings.

 

“Mind telling me what happened that day?” Jonghyun asked.

 

“I… I’m not sure if I can tell you the whole thing…” Jinki began, he didn’t want the others to know what Taemin might’ve done in the hotel he saw him at. “Then tell me what happened in that moment.” Jonghyun suggested, knowing Jinki wanted to share.

 

It took the other a couple of minutes before he started.

 

“I… got jealous.” Jinki started.

 

“Okay you got jealous… then what? You can tell me hyung.” Jonghyun said as he rubbed the other’s arm.

“Well… you guys know the first part of the story…” Jinki whined.

 

“And that is?”

 

“I brought chicken home that night and I was m-mad…” Jinki began explaining again.

 

With what the leader said, Jonghyun’s eyes began to open wide, now realizing when it happened. It was the night that he didn’t want to leave Taemin alone with Jinki. It was the night when they had some schedule that was far.

 

He really couldn’t believe that it had happened then because it really seemed nothing happened between the two when they got home.

 

How good of an actor can these two get?

 

“He came home late and he brought chicken home too… though, I thought he heated up the one I bought so I came out the room and he was surprised to see me home…” Jinki paused looking at down at his hands. “He offered me a plate and asked me if I was alright. I didn’t answer him though because I was still upset so I only told him that you guys were going to be away.”

 

“He still kept asking me if there was something wrong and everytime he asked me again and again I couldn’t hold the jealousy anymore and asked a question…”

 

This made Jonghyun wonder what the question could be but when Jinki continued, he knew this was part of the story that the boy didn’t want him to know. So he didn’t ask and instead continued to listen.

 

“He lied to me of course…” He closed his eyes tight, “his answer was a lie…” When Jinki began hiding his face because tears started to fall again, Jonghyun knew that the story was getting closer as to why the leader was afraid of letting his feelings out.

 

“I suddenly got mad and yelled at him…”


 

Taemin was startled, Jinki has never yelled at him in this tone before.

 

"Taemin! FOR GOD'S SAKE I'M NOT ING STUPID! If you have a girlfriend why didn't you just ing tell me! I thought I would be the first to know since I'm your best ing friend! But I guess not because the others knew before me!"


 

“…I yelled at him.” He paused. “I said things that were stupid…”

 

Jinki looked up at the ceiling trying to stop more tears from coming out but they still constantly fell. “He was surprised at what I said though he should’ve been angry. I-Instead he looked at me and let me continue to yell. Then I said something that I knew I shouldn’t have said because it wasn’t his fault…”

 

“What did you say hyung?”

 

“I blamed him that he was the reason why we didn’t have time together anymore… that we were not like we used to be because of him. I know it was my fault as to why we drifted but…” He stopped.

 

“But what hyung?”

 

“But… he’s also at fault too… He’s at fault because he pushed me away by acting as if he needed others more than me, he made me think I wasn’t so important to him. It just hurt so much… because, b-because we were always together, always asking for each other. I just thought it would be fair to me if I gave myself some space from him… after all, years of loving the same person without getting anything hurt already. But it hurt so much more when he made me feel like I wasn’t needed.”

 

“It… It hurt so much to feel he didn’t need me.” Jinki’s voice was so quiet and full of pain. “At that moment I didn’t know why I burst like that…” He stopped again, looking at where the maknae slept. “But now I know…” Jinki chuckled.

 

“Because you still love him as if you never stopped. Because you love him a thousand times more than you did before.” Jonghyun continued for Jinki.

 

The leader nodded with a tiny smile.

 

“I know everything was my fault but I was just constantly putting the blame on him. I shouldn’t have… I know that… I shouldn’t have lied either.” Jinki sighed.

“What do you mean you lied?”

“I knew he didn’t have a girlfriend… but you know, he never told me his orientation until the next day… so instead I said that…”

 

This part to Jonghyun didn’t make sense.

 

What girlfriend?

 

Jinki was leaving many things out but Jonghyun chose to put those aside knowing it was a part of the story that the boy didn’t want to share. So instead he waited for Jinki to go on. He knew there was more since the leader didn’t get to the part of the kiss.

 

“He said some things that I know he had the right to say but that messed with my mind more…” Jinki got out of the hug and stood, walking to Jonghyun’s bed this time.


 

"Do you remember the time when you said that you’d go with your best friend instead of your girlfriend if they both asked you to hang out? DO YOU!?" Taemin took in a deep breath, he knew he shouldn't be yelling at someone who was older than him but he couldn't take it anymore. This was the last time he told himself that he would be hurt, and everything just snapped inside him.

 

"You chose best friend! BEST. ING. FRIEND!" The younger reminded. He had the right to say what Jinki said not the other way around. Not after Jinki neglecting him for a month. "AND YET YOU DIDN'T! SO DON'T TELL ME THAT I LEFT YOU WHEN YOU LEFT ME!" Taemin continued as he pointed to himself. By now Taemin was openly sobbing in front of the person he never wanted to show.


 

“Every word that came from his mouth hurt me because I knew I was the one who did wrong. But still at that moment we were yelling at each other but we were both listening. We knew we were listening to each other.” He sat down on the bed, staring at the bed across from him and sighed. “I know I was the one who left him but I still said otherwise, I went back on my word from years ago. At that moment I knew I failed him as a hyung, as a best friend… and who knows… maybe if we become a couple, I might fail him as a lover too…” Jinki rubbed his eyes, he thought he shouldn’t be the one crying, he was the one hurting someone. He told himself that he didn’t deserve to be the one crying.

 

“By the end of his outburst, he was crying and I’ve never seen him cry so much. That’s when I knew he really loved me. I’ve hurt him so much that he didn’t even bother to hide himself from me. It was as if he has given up a part of him because of me.” Jinki looked up at the boy who came closer, pain evident in his face. Jonghyun sat beside him, letting the older boy lean his head on his shoulder. “It felt like our friendship was at the brink of ending, everything we’ve done — experienced together was disappearing at that moment. He left after he was done but I rushed to him when I saw him leaving…” Jinki paused to sigh.

 

“When I pulled him… I saw that he was scared. To know that he thought I was going to hurt him physically was something I couldn’t believe. It was then I knew that I changed so much in his eyes in… in such a short time that he thought I wasn’t the same person. But I still pulled him to the wall…” By now, Jinki was talking slowly, measuring his words. Jonghyun already had a clue of what might’ve happened but he still let the boy go on. Though, he guessed out loud.

 

“You kissed him by the wall…”

 

Jinki nodded.

 

“I pulled him to the wall… I-I don’t know what got over me but I kissed him…” Jinki sniffed again. “I apologized right after he pushed me away, now realizing what I done. He swore at me but I didn’t care because all I saw were how his eyes were full of the tears I made him cry — they were full of the pain that I’ve caused him. Then it hit me…” All of the sudden Jinki stopped, making Jonghyun wonder why. He saw Jinki bury his head into his arms as he pulled his knees to his chest. The singer only heard a mumble and hearing what Jinki said broke his heart also.

 

“I… damn!” Jinki yelled, still keeping his head in his arms. “I hurt him with my words… I kept saying that I swore I didn’t mean it. I kept apologizing — kept saying it was a mistake.” Jinki sighed.

 

“I… messed up.”

 

Jonghyun didn’t know what to say, what could he possibly say to someone who thought they messed every chance he’s got? He knows for a fact Jinki still had a chance. He saw through Taemin, saw through his plans.

 

“He ran here and locked himself in. I-I kept begging him to open the door and yet I still kept saying I didn’t mean it… of course it only made him cry more…” Jinki cried.

 

Jinki knew the maknae and him cleared things between the both of them from the past few months but not all of it. He knew he couldn’t just forget about the kiss… he couldn’t make Taemin think that.

 

“I slept in the hallway, I thought he’d be mad ‘till morning — thought that he wouldn’t acknowledge me but he got out and put a blanket on me when he saw me sleeping there…” Jinki smiled then, he knew that at that moment… Taemin loved him so much, maybe much more than he loved the boy himself… Taemin forgave him then and kept forgiving him. He was getting so many chances from the boy that he knew himself that he wouldn’t let go of the boy if he was given the chance to be with him.

 

Jonghyun smiled to himself too, seeing Jinki finally smile from this conversation made him happy. But then he later saw Jinki frown.

 

“The next morning I did my best to prepare him breakfast, did my best to show him that the kiss meant something… but he didn’t see it. He told me to forget about it. But how can I forget about it? If I do, he’d get hurt and I don’t want to hurt him anymore.”

 

Jonghyun agreed and he chuckled.

 

He chuckled because even if the two didn’t want to hurt each other, they were unconsciously doing it, thinking that what they were doing would be for the better.

 

Taemin didn’t want to burden Jinki so he got help from others. Jinki didn’t want to hurt himself with love that he thought only existed to himself so he gave himself space, which only led to Taemin into thinking Jinki didn’t need him. The both of them telling each other to forget when those memories should be kept. Everything happened because they weren’t talking it out.

 

“That’s why I’m afraid… I’m not good enough…”

 

“Hyung, you know that sounds silly right? If you think you’re not good enough then who does Taemin have feelings for?” Jonghyun tried to lighten up the mood. “I don’t know… some guy he thinks is attractive.” Jinki replied in a “duh” tone.

 

“You know Taemin loves you… and I know you love him just as much. So how are you not good enough for him? He wants you.” The singer planted into Jinki’s head… He knew the older had issues with himself, though he doesn’t know why, but he really shouldn’t. Someone — Taemin was out there waiting for him. Why couldn’t he see that himself? Why were the two always doubting themselves?

 

The conversation was done but there was that sad feel in the air. So to try and change it Jonghyun asked the leader what he’s been into recently since he hasn’t been going out.

 

“Movies…”

 

“Movies…? Oh so what the maknae said was true? Huh?” Jonghyun replied. “But I guess you watched movies with him.” That made Jinki blush. “Aish… I’m right am I? Oh jeez, you guys were already dating and you guys didn’t even know.” Jonghyun complained as he pushed Jinki to which the other finally laughed.

 

***

 

Later that day, Jonghyun and Jinki were lazily sitting on the sofa. No one else was home yet. They talked here and there about anything. Jinki felt now comfortable to talk about anything with the boy now and Jonghyun was glad he was. They were joking around, kicking each other until they heard the door chimed, indicating someone came in. They had thought it was Key or Minho considering the maknae was out, recording for the show he’s been doing for two weeks now.

 

They still continued trying to kick each other off the sofa until someone spoke.

 

“Onew hyung.”

 

The boys on the sofa stopped and looked at the maknae, shock written on their faces. They both sat properly now and Jinki answered having been called.

 

“Neh Taeminnie?”

 

When Jinki said that, the two boys on the sofa saw how Taemin was stopping himself from smiling. If Jinki was oblivious before, he wasn’t now.

 

“I brought you something since you asked through the phone…” Taemin replied while holding up a shopping bag. “Asked you through the phone?

“Neh… I think you were supposed to call Kibum hyung but you called me instead.” Taemin replied as he walked closer to the leader. He handed Jinki what he bought and left to change.

 

“Yah! What about me?” Jonghyun yelled.

“You didn’t call and ask… and from what I heard I think you were trying to hide something from your boyfriend?” Taemin yelled back.

 

Jinki quietly laughed to himself. “Yah! You wouldn’t be laughing when Kibum finds out and I have to explain myself.” Jonghyun whispered to him which made the older boy shut up. Jonghyun asked him what he got from the boy and Jinki only pushed him aside with a chuckle, heading to his room. He put the present with the others, looking at them with a smile. He’ll open it later when he knows Jonghyun is asleep.

 

He headed to Taemin’s room after.

 

He knocked on the door, making it loud enough for the boy in the living room to hear so that he wouldn’t be bothering them. When he heard an answer he opened the door.

 

Jinki saw the boy lying down on his bed so he walked up to there. He sat beside the boy looking at him while the other seemed to be ignoring him with his phone.

 

“Onew hyung, do you need anything?” Taemin asked without giving him a glance.

 

“‘Onew hyung’?” Jinki mumbled to himself to which Taemin inwardly raised a brow.

 

Yeah, they’ve been cool the past month but he still couldn’t handle it when the boy constantly called him by his stage name instead of his real name. Almost like how Taemin couldn’t handle it when Jinki called him by his name and not the nicknames he’s been given him.

 

“Yah…” Jinki quietly started. “I don’t like it when you call me that…” He looked down at his hands. “Then what should I call you?” The boy asked.

“Call me what you called me before… or I don’t know make a new name for me.”

“Make a new one for you?” Taemin asked with a chuckle.

“Yeah…” The older replied as he now had his head up to look at the boy.

 

Taemin put his phone away and sat up straight, giving Jinki his attention. “Should I call you Jinki hyung then?” Taemin asked. “Ani… just call me- ah nevermind, I’m just crazy.” Jinki replied, mumbling the last part.

 

“Keure… Jinki hyungie~” Taemin replied with a smile, a smile Jinki hasn’t seen in awhile.

 

Jinki was caught off-guard with the sudden aegyo the boy showed him. But he liked — loved the smile on the boy’s face.

 

“You should always smile like that…” Jinki complimented but that only made Taemin stop. “Aish… nevermind about that either…” Jinki said while he swatted at the air, as if he was shooing a fly. Taemin only looked at him. He smiled at how cute Jinki was being when the leader looked back down on his hands.

 

Why can’t you be mine instead?

 

“Anyway, hyung why did you come here? Was it because of the name?” Taemin questioned. “Ani… I just wanted to say ‘thanks’ for the present…” Jinki smiled. “Ah… it’s nothing and thank you too.” Taemin thanked as well. “For what?”

“For the last two presents you gave me… I didn’t get to say it before.” Taemin reminded. “Ah, it’s alright, you were busy.”

 

“Ani… that shouldn’t be an excuse.”

 

Jinki only nodded still looking down.

 

They talked as if it was like before but it was still a bit awkward until Taemin took the initiative to make a joke. They laughed at how ridiculous they were both being — how they weren’t being themselves around the other.

 

“We should stop being awkward around each other…” Jinki suggested.

“Hmm… I’d like that…

They both smiled at each other and it was obvious that at that moment, the air felt lighter.

 

They later talked about anything, no conversation was boring when it was just the both of them. They were now laying beside each other looking at the ceiling. The way they used to do. They lied there in silence, it was a comfortable hearing the other breathe, to know that they were there. But when Jinki heard the boy yawn he knew it was time for him to leave.

 

He sat up and when he saw Taemin about to sit up as well, he pushed him down by the shoulders. “You should sleep, you look tired.” He said in a hush tone. Taemin only looked at him.

 

Jinki walked towards the door until he stopped, he stayed standing there until he made a decision. The leader turned around and walked back to the boy. “Thanks…” He pushed Taemin’s hair back and leaned in to kiss the boy’s forehead.

 

“Goodnight Minnie.”

 

Jinki looked at him from above with that smile he had fallen in love with. Everything the boy did just left him speechless.

 

Jinki left with a smile and all Taemin did was mumble a ‘goodnight’ back. The boy later touched his forehead, shocked, but he liked it. Taemin had a smile on his face and he was blushing madly now, he wanted to ever since Jinki came in.

 

***

 

As Jonghyun was about to knock on the door to see if it was okay to go in, Jinki came out with a smile. Jinki greeted him and later said ‘goodnight’ to the boy. If Jonghyun didn’t know any better he would’ve thought the leader was floating. Oh who the hell was he kidding? Jinki was floating, as if flower petals were all around him.

 

Jonghyun didn’t bother to ask Jinki why he was like that and went inside the room only shaking his head.

 

What surprised him though when he entered was that the maknae was sitting up, hands on his forehead. Taemin had some smile he’s never seen before and his cheeks were flushed to.

 

It seemed as if Taemin hadn’t seen him and so he walked closer to the boy.

 

“So why is our maknae here smiling like an idiot?” Jonghyun teased. The boy didn’t answer until it processed in his head. “A-am not!” Taemin answered to which Jonghyun only laughed.

 

***

 

Jinki sat in his room thinking about what he done. Taemin didn’t get mad this time so he was glad. And although he wanted to kiss those lips instead, he was happy to know Taemin wouldn’t be angry with him if he kissed his forehead.

 

The only reason why he did so was because he wanted the maknae to know that he didn’t want to forget. He wanted Taemin to know that he liked it and that if he had another chance, he’ll do it without messing up — without making him cry.

 

He walked up the shelf that had Taemin’s presents. He opened the new bag to see that he had gotten a new hat for his ever growing collection and not only did he see one, he saw two. In the inside of both hats had dates, he checked his calendar.

 

Again, they were two weeks apart. He still hadn’t found out why Taemin always gave me gifts two weeks apart, but he told himself to not mind it for now.

 

He then knew that the hats weren’t bought today, they were the presents he had missed from the other.

 

To know Taemin hadn’t given up this tradition of theirs made him feel giddy in the inside that he jumped around his room until he landed on his bed. He smiled with eyes closed, happy about where they were heading now.

 

***

 

“So why are you smiling?” Jonghyun asked.

 

“I… I don’t know…” Taemin answered.

 

“Okay…” The older dragged out “but from the looks of it you had a great time and he kissed your forehead.” Jonghyun guessed. “W-what… how did you know?”

“Aish…” The older flicked his temple “you’re smiling like an idiot and you were touching your forehead when I came in.”

 

“Ah… yeah…” The younger mumbled. “So you want to jump around or should I do it for you?” Jonghyun teased which only led him to be hit by a pillow. They laughed and Taemin told him about how Jinki wanted him to start calling him another name instead of ‘Onew’. Knowing that, Jonghyun was glad Jinki was finally opening himself up to Taemin even if it was such a little thing. It was a start after all.

 

***

 

The next morning everything seemed so fine. There was not a single hint of awkwardness in the air anymore and it was just full of laughter. Jonghyun didn’t question it but Key and Minho did, though they didn’t need to know what’s been happening for now. Everything was going smoothly and Jonghyun didn’t want to ruin it.

 

They finished breakfast and everyone left the dorm except for Jonghyun and Taemin this time.

 

What a perfecting timing.

 

Everything Jonghyun wanted was working the way he wished. He walked to his room and dragged Taemin to the living room to talk.

 

Though this time, Taemin wasn’t that nervous, he was used to these talks with Jonghyun now after all, they’ve been talking like this without the others knowing for months now.

 

“Taemin-ah I have a question for you.” Jonghyun started and Taemin hummed back. “But can you get your notebook first?” Jonghyun asked. “What notebook?”

“Your journal…”

“W-wae?”

“Just get it.” Jonghyun told him.

 

Taemin went back to the room to get his journal though he was wondering why Jonghyun would want to see it. When he re-entered the living room he walked slower “are you getting into counselling?”

“Wae? Am I not your counselor already?” Jonghyun teased.

 

Taemin sat back down and held onto the journal. “I know what’s in it…” Jonghyun began.

“Bwo! You went through it?” Taemin yelled as he held the book behind him now.

“Ani… but I read one page. It was an interesting page.” Jonghyun replied.

“What was on the page?”

Jonghyun didn’t talk for a while, only making Taemin panic, though now that he thought about he shouldn’t be because whatever he wrote in the book, he told the older.

 

“He kissed me…”

 

Jonghyun recited from his head. He could tell that Taemin had forgotten he had written that because of his shock impression.

 

“Aish…” Taemin threw the book. “Out of anything you could’ve possibly read, you read that one page.” Taemin complained.

 

“Now I want to know who kissed you.”

“W-wae?”

 

“Or should I guess?” Jonghyun taunted. “Then guess.” Taemin replied thinking Jonghyun wouldn’t think about Jinki, the leader was dating after all.

 

“Jinki hyung.”

 

Taemin knew Jonghyun got his answer when he blushed. “Aish… chincha Taemin-ah, you’re too obvious when you’re with someone else. Shouldn’t it be the other way around?” Jonghyun teased again. “What do you mean?”

“Shouldn’t you be showing Jinki this side of you instead of me or the others?” Jonghyun wiggled his eyebrows. “And why would I want to be showing him when he’s already dating someone?”

“Molla… maybe to win him.” Jonghyun replied as he lazily sat on the sofa. “Win him…” Taemin mumbled quietly, slowing catching on with the meaning.

 

“You really should Taemin-ah…” Jonghyun suggested.

 

The younger was silent and Jonghyun was just observing him. The older boy silently clapped to himself when Taemin thought to himself, he knew what the boy was thinking. Like he said, he knew how to see through the boy. Taemin switched his gaze from the wall to the journal he threw. He had contemplated a lot about this before… but now… now he knew what to do.

 

“I… I will.”


 

 


*Sigh* I finished it on my dead line. Hurray!!!

This chapter was mostly about Jinki point of view of the happenings in the past.

And if anyone is confused, Jonghyun knows that Taemin and Jinki love each other.

Jinki knows that Taemin loves him but Taemin doesn’t know that Jinki loves him.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed it and ‘till next time, bye! ♥