Chapter 6

HOME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

|6|

 

 

Jessica awakened to find a warm body snuggled against her back, hot breath tickling her neck and an arm s over her waist. The Jung stirred, taking in the dimmed room before she turned to face her bed’s invader only to come face to face with a sleeping Taeyeon. Jessica didn’t know when the Kim had made herself comfortable beside her, but she was more than puzzled to have Taeyeon too close for comfort knowing that the Kim had her own room to sleep in.

 

But the patient didn’t want to wake the other girl and it had been Jessica who offered her bed to share with the Kim, so it wasn’t much of a fuss to the Jung. Taeyeon looked so peaceful in her sleep and Jessica didn’t want to ruin the moment. She could see the dark circles around the Kim’s eyes – something that made Jessica a bit guilty knowing how Taeyeon must have spent sleepless nights to tend to her while she was in painkiller-induced coma.

 

But her hopes of allowing Taeyeon her good rest were rather shattered by the sudden entrance of another figure into the room.

 

“Omo!”

 

Jessica slowly sat up, minimizing her movement so as not to awaken her bed mate only to no avail as Taeyeon stirred at the sudden noise made by the newcomer.

 

“Soonkyu?” Jessica asked as she rubbed her eyes just as Taeyeon had opened hers to acknowledge Sunny’s arrival.

 

Sunny, donned in her sleeping attire, strode over to them, planting herself on the seat next to the bed as she gave time for the two older girls to fully awaken.

 

“How are you two doing?” Sunny asked.

 

Jessica yawned a bit before she spoke, “I’m feeling better, Soonkyu. Just a little tired.”

 

“Sorry for disturbing your sleep.” Sunny apologized, guilt written in her face. “I just-”

 

“You wanted to see me.” Jessica finished for the CEO.

 

Sunny’s eyes widened before she nodded.

 

Taeyeon laid back on her pillow, head propped on her hand as she laid on her side facing Sunny. An amused smile was on her face. “You disturbed us from a good nap just to see us…”

 

Jessica nudged her, “Hey, this maybe the only time that she had to check on me. I’m already glad that she came, Kim Taeyeon. Stop teasing Soonkyu.”

 

Sunny only chuckled at the playful banter going on between the two elder ones.

 

Just like old times…

 

“Nothing’s changed much between you two, except for the fact that Sooyeon had lost weight. She’s all bone and muscle now…” Sunny pointed out.

 

“Military food is all about maintaining your strength and endurance. I had to lose some pounds and gain some muscles.”

 

“You’ve gotten leaner than last time. It worries me, Sooyeon.”

 

Jessica snorted, “You should’ve seen me after I had gotten the bullets out of me. I was almost a corpse.”

 

The Jung chuckled a bit only to stop abruptly when she saw the looks of concern shot her way

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter