Chapter 10

HOME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

|10|

 

 

Sooyoung had wondered where the maknae had gone. She peered into her old room, seeing two slumbering Americans in it – one tucked into bed, while the other one sat asleep on the chair next to it. As much as Sooyoung had wanted to smile at such a peaceful sight, she couldn’t, knowing that she was missing someone in the scene.

 

“Unnie?” a familiar voice made the Choi turn, eyes finally landing upon an approaching younger girl as tall as herself.

 

“Where’ve you been, maknae? I thought you were inside the room.” Sooyoung asked, eyes noticing something off with the younger one ever since they met before heading to visit Jessica together.

 

“I just went to the bathroom, unnie.” replied the maknae, “How are Jessica-unnie and Tiffany-unnie doing?” Juhyun peered into the room, finding the two older girls asleep.

 

Sooyoung shrugged, allowing the maknae to enter first before she followed quietly.

 

“Tiffany,” Sooyoung called in a hushed tone as she approached the raven-haired one, who was fast asleep on the chair. “You’re going to hurt your neck in that position…”

 

Juhyun, in the meantime, found her eyes landing upon the one in bed. Eyes roamed over the gauzes peering out of the hospital gown. Her breath hitched upon seeing the signs of hurt and pain that her unnie had undergone. Guilt began creeping like the plague, taking hold of her once more.   

 

The silence in the room was disrupted when Tiffany stirred from her seat, eyes registering Soo’s concerned look before her gaze shifted to the maknae standing on the other side of the bed, facing her.

 

“Hmm… Hi…” Tiffany greeted in a hush manner as she stretched herself in her seat. “Sorry, I must’ve dozed off. I stayed up late last night to finish my project which I had turned in early this morning before coming here.” The Hwang yawned a bit before summoning a smile for the two newcomers.

 

“Go to your room and sleep, Tiff. Juhyun and I will take over.” Sooyoung instructed, keeping her voice down so as not to disturb their slumbering patient who was left unaware of her visitors.

 

Tiffany was about to protest when Sooyoung had added while pointing to her bed from across the spacious room, “Or you can sleep on my bed over there while Juhyun and I watch over our little sergeant here.”

 

Tiffany replied with a grin, eyes disappearing into the infamous crescents that she was known for, before muttering, “Thanks, Soo! And I somehow wondered why TaeTae hadn’t thought of that when she wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter