Chapter 16

HOME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

|16|     

 

“Unnie?”

 

“Soojung.”

 

“You called?”

 

“Is this a bad time?”

 

“N-No. We were finishing up, unnie.”

 

“Oh, I thought you were still filming or something. How are you, Soojung?”

 

“I-I’m fine, unnie. H-How’s Sooyeon-unnie doing?”

 

“She’s fine, Soojung. She’s asleep now.”

 

“O-Oh… I-I’m sorry for not being able to-”

 

“It’s not your fault, Soojung. And we’re family, remember?”

 

A smile graced Krystal’s lips upon hearing her unnie’s words. “Hmm.”

 

“Is your Sunny-unnie there? She told me that she’d come and visit you.”

 

Her eyes searched around for the familiar short woman. Spotting the older girl talking to her manager, her eyes widened as a gasp came from . It had been heard by the other line.

 

“Something wrong, Soojung?”

 

“I just saw her unnie. She’s talking to manager oppa.”

 

“That’s good. She has come to pick you up, Soojung.”

 

“What?!” Her sudden outburst momentarily got the attention of everyone in the set, but she apologetically bowed to them in embarrassment, tucking her hair strands behind her ear while clutching her phone tighter and proceeding to a more secluded area as she continued conversing with the other person on the line. The Jung maknae couldn’t imagine being personally picked up by their company’s CEO. Lee Soonkyu was a very busy person and she was very much intimidating, which had been expected coming from a member of a multi-talented group where mediocrity had been labeled as a sin amongst members.

 

“Soojung-ah, you’re sleeping here at the SoShi dorm.” The person on the other line explained, “Our dorm will be your home for the meantime. We thought it’s better if you could spend time with your Sooyeon-unnie when you’re free.”

 

Tears threatened to well up in Soojung’s eyes upon the news. “Please tell me that this isn’t a prank, unnie.”

 

A restrained chuckle resounded from the other line. “It isn’t, Soojung. I talked it over with Soonkyu and she agreed with it. Hyoyeon also told me that you haven’t been yourself since you came back. I think it’s best if you get to spend some time with Sooyeon even for just a few hours in a day.”

 

Soojung sniffled, “T-Thank you, T-Taeyeon-unnie.”

 

“Now finish up whatever you’re doing and don’t keep your CEO waiting. She needs her sleep, too, you know.”

 

Krystal chuckled at her unnie’s attempt at humor.

 

“I will, unnie. I’ll see you in a bit.”

 

“Tell Soonkyu to drive safe. The dorm won’t run, so she shouldn’t speed, okay?”

 

“Yes, unnie.”

 

“I’ll see you in a few. Now run along kid.”

 

Krystal laughed before bidding her Taeyeon-unnie goodbye. She found their CEO coming towards her just as she had pocketed her phone. The maknae was quick to bow and greet her boss, only to be pulled by her wrist, her body colliding with the shorter yet more powerful person as Sunny hugged her tight.

 

“Missed you, maknae.” Sunny remarked after pulling away with a tender smile. “Let’s come home to your unnie.” Without allowing for Krystal to respond, SM Entertainment’s CEO pulled the youngest Jung by the wrist and led her outside where one of her managers had already been waiting with her necessities.

 

Sunny opened her car’s trunk allowing Krystal’s manager to load her luggage. The CEO turned to her hoobae with a smile before opening the front passenger door for the Jung maknae, “Hop in, Soojung. People are waiting for you at the dorm.”

 

Krystal hesitated at first, quite confused at what Sunny had meant, but she recomposed herself in time and thanking her unnie, she entered the car allowing Sunny to close the door for her before the CEO checked the car’s trunk to ensure that it had been closed and locked before Sunny settled behind the wheel.

 

The car ride was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter