I Just Can't

The Infinite Paradise

 

Its weekend already, but Sistar still have a lot of things to do. As they already decided Bora and Soyou are going to Star King, while Hyorin and Dasom going to a radio show. Bora and Soyou were excited with the show.

As Bora and Soyou arrived at the set. They entered the studio and greeted all of the casts there and the crews. Then one of the crews lead them to their waiting room which is the same as Kara. They didn't know actually whose the guest in the Star King for that day. Leeteuk only told them Miss A, Infinite, and Ze:A, but apparently there's also Kara.

“Annyeong Haseyo.” Bora and Soyou greeted Kara's member who was only Gyuri and Hara.

“Oh, Annyeong Haseyo Soyou-ssi and Bora-ssi. Come in.” Said Gyuri the leader. Bora and Soyou came inside and bowed to some of the stylist unnie.

“How's the road?” Asked Hara tried to be nice to their Junior.

“It was fine, not much traffic.” Answered Soyou nicely.

“Hmm Gyuri-ssi, do you know whose the guests for today?” Asked Bora to Gyuri.

“Well, I heard Its Min, Jia, and Fei from Miss A, Sunggyu, Hoya, and Sungyeol from Infinite, Dongjun and Kwanghee from Ze:A, both of us and you two.” Answered Gyuri.

“Thank you for the information.” Bora replied.

 

As Bora heard that there's Sunggyu here, her eyes were went straight to Soyou. Soyou could sense Bora's intense stared. As Bora finished their conversation with Gyuri she went to Soyou and talked to her.

“Soyou, don't you think he will ask you the answer to day?” Asked Bora.

Soyou blushed and panic, “Ah? What do you mean unnie? What should I do?” Said Soyou in panic.

“You know what I mean right, you, sunggyu, confession?” Said Bora to her.

Soyou was getting more panic and blushed hard. “Unnie? What to do? I still don't have the answer.” She looked so panic as hell.

“What you two talking about? You guys look so panic..... Soyou, are you sick?” Asked Hara.

“Ah ani, it's nothing, Hara-ssi and I'm fine.” Said Soyou. Hara just nodded, Bora was silent. Then as Soyou remembered, Hara is dating Junhyung of Beast. So, she must be experienced with this kind of thing. So, she decided to ask her, a little bit about their relationship. “Hara-ssi, may ask you a question?”

Hara whose finished putting her make up on, face Soyou. “Sure? What is it?”

“I'm curious about your relationship with Junhyung. May I know how its start?” Soyou asked politely to Hara.

“I rarely talk about this actually with others, but I just tell you the small parts of it ok.” Soyou nodded and so Bora they were curious with those 2 idols relationship. “Well, first, me and Junhyung met in Japan as we have a lot of time together in Japan's TV program. He started making a conversation with me and asked anything, trying to get know me. In the end, he's asking my number. So we're getting closer and he confessed to me. I said yes to him and we ended up like now.” She explained shortly.

“And What about the announcement that you were dating him? Was it hard?” Asked Soyou.

“Well, it was hard at first. You know some fans are not really supporting me and Junhyung but my members keep comforting me.” Hara answered.

“Actually, I believe that it's fine for idols like us dating like her. It's just that we're afraid of the fans.” Said Gyuri. Bora and Soyou nodded.

“Why did you ask? Are you going to have a guy?” Teased Hara to Soyou.

“AAA ANI!” Soyou answered panickly.

“Looks who's panick, usually people who give a panic respond means yes.” Teased Gyuri again.

“Ani, ani, I'm just curious, that's all. Pure curious.” Said Soyou trying to defense herself.

Gyuri, Hara, and Bora just laughed. But then there's a knock on the door. Then Gyuri opened the door and revealed Sunggyu. Soyou was silent after all the teasing moment.

“Sorry Gyuri-ssi, I'm looking for Soyou, is she here?” Asked him.

“Oh yes, she's here.” As she answered it she pointed where Soyou is. Sunggyu looked at her and smiled. She's getting panick and froze on her sofa.

“Soyou-ssi, will you come out for a while?” Asked Sunggyu. Soyou has this flat face and not changing. Bora looked at her and she realized that Soyou is frozen, she snapped her fingers in front of her face. Then Soyou wake up.

“Soyou, Sunggyu asked you if you could go out for a while?” Said Bora.

“Oh sure....... sure.” Answered Soyou nervously. She stood up and walked to the door slowly and awkwardly because of her panic.

“Are you fine Soyou?” Asked Sunggyu. Soyou just nodded. “Well then, thanks, Gyuri-ssi, Hara-ssi, and Bora-ssi. I'll go out with Soyou for a while.” Sunggyu said closed the door.

 

SOYOU's POV

My heart beats faster as he did something that I wouldn't expect. He just hold my hands after he closed the door. I was surprised because there were a lot of crews and thanks god not much of them realized it. He led me to a bench at the back of the building.

“Soyou.” He called me. I looked at him in the eyes.

“ne, oppa?” I answered him.

“Please take a sit first.” He said allowing me to sit on the bench. I sat there and he sit next to me. The scenery was not really nice, but I felt good behind him. “It's been a long time since last time we met. How was your day in Jeju?” Asked him.

“It was great, but actually our holiday gut cut off by our boss because apparently Sistar caught a lot of people's attention and some PD want us to be their guest in some shows.” Soyou said.

“That's too bad. But it's good to see you again today.” Said Sunggyu and smiled to me. I swear he has this angelic smile and I can't resist it. My heart is beating faster and faster, I feel like I'm going to explode soon.

I replied with a smile too and said to him, “It's good to see you again, oppa.”

There was a bit of silent when he suddenly asked, “Have you think about it?”

My face went straight and I knew that soon he will bring this topic, but I lied to him that I don't understand what he means. “About what oppa?”

“The confession. You're not forget about it right?” He asked.

He said it. And I now couldn't avoid it. “Oh..... I remembered it.”

Then he turned to his right and facing me, “Soyou, I like you, will you be my girl?” He confessed to me again and now he asked for an answer.

I was still in doubt for answering him. I didn't know what to say, so i just silent. But silent was not helping me at all. He keeps begging for an answer.

“Soyou, Please just say yes......... or no.” He said.

I still have a lot of things in my mind, I'm thinking about my career and my members. I'm thinking about both of our future, what will fan say about both of us, will they let us have a good relationship. My mind keep bugging me with those things.

“Oppa............ I do like you.” He smiled at what I'm saying, then I continued. “But, we still have a lot of things to do in the future, I'm still thinking for my career.” I stood up and said, “I'm so sorry oppa. I just can't.” With that I left him.

“Soyou! Wait!” He shouted my name but didn't chase me. I ran to the building and ignored him.

 

I went inside the waiting room and tried to catch my breath. All the girls inside the room staring at me with questioning expression on their faces. I tried to calm myself.

“Soyou, are you ok?” Asked Gyuri.

“Ne, I'm fine.” Said Soyou. I went to sit next to Bora unnie and she calmed me down and thanks she's not asking me anything.

 

Knock~ Knock~ someone knocked at the door. One of the stylists opened the door revealing the PD. “Girls, please get ready, we're going to start around 10 minutes. Thanks.” The girls nodded and get ready.

Bora approached Soyou, “Soyou, are you sure you're fine?”

“Ne, unnie. Don't worry, I'll tell you after we finished our schedules.” Soyou said to Bora. Bora just nodded and believe in Soyou, she's a big girl and she knows what better for her.

 

As the program start on-air, the girls and the boys start their happy time on the set and laughing for almost of the time, but not for Soyou and Sunggyu. They're just silently smiled and their expression were so flat. As the break comes, PD asked both of them to smile more instead of make a blank expression.

Hoya whose sitting next to Sunggyu for the half time of the program realized that Sunggyu is different. He's just not like the normal him. So, he asked Sungyeol what happen to their hyung, but Sungyeol didn't know too. Hoya then shrugged it off knowing that maybe his hyung just got stressed out. So, he looked around to see if there's anyone that he could talk to. There's this girl drinking his tea alone in the corner and Hoya smiled and approached her.

“Hi Bora.” Greeted him.

“Oh, Hi Hoya.” She answered.

“You're alone?” He asked.

“Yep.” She answered simply. Hoya just nodded and drank his tea. After some silence, Bora looked to Hoya, “Hoya!!!”

“Eh? What Bora?” He answered surprisedly.

This time Bora stood up and looked to Hoya in the eye. “I just remembered you won music bank this week right?” She asked excitedly.

“Ne, Bora.” He answered with his shy smile.

Bora reflexively hug Hoya and congratulate him. Hoya was surprised at the sudden hug. He was going to hug Bora back, when suddenly Sungyeol came and coughed.

“Ehem, I thought we're recording for Star King not a Romance Drama scene.” Sungyeol teased and left. Bora released the hug and felt awkward. Hoya secretly cursed Sungyeol for ruining the moment.

“Ugh..... I'm sorry Hoya for... that.” Bora said shyly.

“Ah, ani, it's ok. By the way, thanks Bora.” Said Hoya.

Then Bora back to her sense again and said, “I knew it right! You guys will win it! Infinite jjang!”

Hoya just laughed and so is Bora. They had a great 10 minutes chats before the PD called all the casts to start recording the program again.

 

The show went well, but Sunggyu and Soyou couldn't manage their faces until the end of the show. They just being obvious to the world about their feelings which is not professional. The PD scolded both of them, but they just keep saying sorry.

Bora didn't understand what happen to Soyou, she never get scolded like this before. Bora and Soyou packed their belongings and said their goodbye to the crew and left the building. On the outside of the building there's 3 Infinite members. The 2 Sistar's members didn't see them. But then, Hoya approached them.

“Hi Bora, Soyou.” Greeted Hoya.

Bora greeted him and Soyou just stayed silent. “Oh Hi Hoya, you're not going back yet?” Bora asked.

“I'm going but I saw you and I was thinking if I could... have your number?” He asked.

Bora smiled and nodded. “Of course.” Hoya handed his phone and they share their phone's number. “Here you go.”

“Thanks a lot, I'll text you soon.” Said Hoya and backed to the Infinite's members.

Bora and Soyou went inside to the van and suddenly Soyou started sobbing...

Bora who was shocked at the scene, took her in her embrace. “Sshhh, Soyou don't cry.”

“I..... *sob*.... I'm bad... *sob* I'm bad.....” She keep repeating the words.

“No, you're not Soyou. Please tell me what happens earlier. This must be about Sunggyu right?” Soyou nodded in her embrace. Bora sighed.

Bora who can't do anything with it just tried to make her calm and comfort her. She really needs to talk to Sunggyu. In the end, the trip was filled with sobbing and sad songs playing in their cars.