I Shouldn't Play Along

The Infinite Paradise

 

Hoya'sPOV

Today is a nice day, it always feels nice to be back to Korea. Infinite has been back and forth, Korea – Japan. It was tiring. What's make it more tiring? When someone that you adore is not caring for you anymore. That's what happen to me. Bora is even not contacting me anymore. Since she visited the set of Birth of a Family which was in front of our apartment, she never text or even call me, nor she replied to one of my text.

Our manager annouced that today we have a free time so we can rest before a hectic schedule which starts tomorrow. Some decided to have a rest and some decided to go out for a while. I believe this is a good time to meet her and talk about it. I dialled her number on my phone waited for her to answer it. Not waiting too long she answer.

“Yoboseyo?” It's nice hearing her voice again after a week we've been away.

“Hey Bora.” I said nervously.

“Who's this?” She asked. Did she delete my number? Why she couldn't recognize my voice?

“Uh, it's Hoya, Bora. Hoya.” I answered.

“Oh... Hi, Hoya.” She answered simply and a bit flat with no motion.

“How's you been doing?” I started the conversation.

“I'm fine. You?” She answere, glad that she asked back.

“I've been fine too, lots of schedule and tired of going back and forth to Japan.” I answered her way too long, I guess. Eventhough what I said was short but I could sense she's not keen on it.

“...” She didn't say any words.

“Bora?”

“Ne?”

“Can we meet today?” I asked, she's silent. I added, “Today, is the only day that I have an empty schedule, can we go out? For a while, at least?” I pleaded to her. I need to fix this out. There's totally something wrong with her.

 

Bora's POV

“Bora?”

“Ne?” I answered him lazily.

“Can we meet today?” He asked me to meet him? He doesn't know how much I want to meet her again. But the pain that he caused to me is still unbearable. “Today, is the only day that I have an empty schedule, can we go out? For a while, at least?” He even pleaded.

“................ I don't kn--” He cut my words.

“Please...” He pleaded again. I don't have any option. As much as I hate him now, I really want to meet him too. It won't harm me if I see him right?

“.............. ok then. Just tell me the place and time.” I answered him.

“Great! Meet me at Hongdae in that Cafe this afternoon?” He said happily. His voice just so innocence sometime and cute, I don't know if he could have that bad guy side.

“Sure.” I answered.

“So, I'll see--” I hung up the phone before he could finished his word. He's back to Korea and now he want to meet me. What should I do? It's the first time we meet again after that day. Everything got messier. I couldn't concentrate on everything that I've done. When I filmed Invicible Youth Season 2, I always have a blank stare. I concluded that think about it too much. Even some of the casts ask what happen to me, I'm not that cheerful as usual. I just wish things would be getting normal and I could get over him.

 

Hoya's POV

I dresses casually and trying to look nice in front of her. The feeling inside of me is tickling me. The idea of meeting her is making me flustered. I looked to the mirror and I could see my handsome reflection. I went out and took a cab to Hongdae. I looked to the window and I could see a lot of activites out there. I miss Korea, it's kinda absurd, it's been only a week but I miss it so bad.

Without I realized I already arrived in Hongdae. I paid the taxi and went out. I covered my self with cap and sunglasses. I tried not to catch people attention at this state. So, I walked to the cafe fastly. I wonder if she's already there now.

I looked to the cafe window an I could a see a girl with her long black hair sitting and drinking her coffee. I went inside she looked at me and smiled unwillingly, I think. She's already making a bad impression.

“Hi, Sorry I'm late.” I said to her and took a sit in front of her.

“No, I just got here.” She replied.

“Have you ordered yet?” I asked since there's nothing on the table.

“No.” Again she answered shortly.

“Well..... Uh we should order then.” The way she answered is making me feel nervous all of a sudden. It feels like me and her didn't know each other. We were awkward.

“What would you like to order?” The waiter asked.

“I want this and this.” She said, pointing to a picture in the menu.

“Make it the same.” I said to the waiter. She took a glance at me then looked to other direection. Seriously what happen to her. I'm not comfortable with this.

I decided to start the converstion. I didn't want to talk about her attitude, it will ruin everything. So, I just asked some simple questions. “How's Sistar going on?”

“Great.” She answered without looking at me.

“Any interesting things happening?” I asked.

“No.” She answered. She really shut in front of me. I decided to be patient. Then silent... I really don't have any idea what happen to her. My mind was actually blown because her act, but I pretend that I'm fine with her act.

 

Later on, we just silent and waited for the food. As the food arrived, we started eating and still in silent atmosphere.

 

Bora's POV

What the hell with this meeting? I hate how I have to act cold in front of him. I just need to control myself. I won't fall into his trap again. He's been trying to be nice but this time I'm not playing nice with you.

As the food arrived, we started eating but he keeps silent and stealing a glance at me. I just focused on my food and quickly finished it.

“Bora, are you hungry? You eat it really fast.” He asked suddenly. Oh my god, Is he trying to make a joke? I did eat really fast but he shouldn't ask that to a girl. I just stayed silent and not answering him. He asked again, “Uh.. Bora, you're finished?” I answered him with a quick nodded. “Then... can we go out now?” I nodded again. He paid the bill and went out.

 

We walked and looked around at Hongdae. I maked a space around half meter, but then he gets closer to me and hold my hands. I struggled at his hand but he holds it strongly. I decided to give up. I could sense him smiling in victory. Then he led me to a crowded place and started choosing a cute accessories.

“Bora, what do you think about this?” He asked with a beautiful butterfly necklace on his hand.

“Good.” I answered him, well it's more than good. It's Excellent!

“Let me put this in you.” He said.

I took a step back and thanks god he released my hand. “No, it's ok, you don--”

Suddenly I felt his lips on me kissing sweetly and gently in crowded place. I felt butterflies in my stomach and my heart beats faster. I melted at his kiss. His soft lips that taste sweets in me. I couldn't resist his lips, as much as I want to push him off my hands not working as what I want. I threw my hand behind his neck and deepening the kiss. I miss his lips so bad.

He broke the kiss first and I could see that the beautiful necklace already hang on my neck.

“You look beautiful with it and you'd be more beautiful if you just stop complaining and denying.” He said to me and embracing me.

“Woahh, that was so sweet. What a good-looking couple.” Said the seller. “You must be happy to have him.” Said the seller to me. I just smiled. I know I shouldn't smile but what he did to me making me trust him, even just a bit.

“Thank you noona! I'll buy this.” Said Hoya to the seller and gave her the money.

“Thank you, I hope you have a long-last relationship!” The noona wished.

“Thanks a lot!” Hoya said cooly and left the shop with me in his embrace. “See, Bora? We're a great couple you know.” Couple? Did he just mention couple? I smiled at the thought and he saw me smiling. “Bora, you're smiling? Aigooooo, I'm so good at making people smiling.” He said to me then he kissed my forehead. Without I realized I responded to everything that he did to me and put my hand on his waist.

 

“Yah! Bora, you shouldn't leave me alone there.” Hoya said to me and pouted.

I laughed. “Hoya, you're the one who ask to go inside that haunted house. Are you trying to make yourself good in front of me?”

“Wh-what? No... I'm not.” He stuttered and still pouting.

I laughed hard now. “You do right?” He just silent pouted. “Stop pouting, you're cute at all. It doesn't fit you.”

“It does. I am Hoaegi you know?” He said. Oh my god this guy is unbeliavable.

“Stop that act.” I punched him in the shoulder then suddenly I bumped into someone. I could sense he has a good body his body was hard. I looked at the guy as I said sorry. “Sorry, I am sorry.”

“Uh... Is it you, Bora?” The guy asked.

“Huh?” I looked to the guy and I could see it's Ze:A's Dongjun.

“Oh it's Dongjun.” Said Hoya.

“Hi Dongjun, it's been a while!” Bora said excitedly as he hug the guy. The guy hug her back.

“What are you guys doing here? And...... you hang out together? Did I miss something here?” Dongjun asked. The minute he asked the minute I snapped back to reality. I shouldn't stay this close with Hoya.

“Ahh Yes--” Hoya was going to say something but I cut him off.

“No you don't miss anything. We're just hanging out together. Good Friends.” I said to him. I could sense Hoya was staring at me. I just shrugged at Hoya's respond.

“Oh, I see.” He smiled at me. “Well then, I should get going, don't want to disturb both of you.” he said and excused himself.

After Dongjun left it was silent. Then I decided to talk. “Hoya, can I go home now?” I asked him. He nodded and called a taxi. We went inside the taxi and Hoya still stayed silent. I didn't know why, was it because Dongjun? Was it because I want to go home? Or something else?