Flashback

One More Chance

Sunhee's POV*

It was close to 10pm when I am finally tucking Sarah into bed.

Her room was beautifully decorated, and I reminded myself to thank my boss for arranging this lodging for the two of us here in Seoul.

"Mummy, can I ask you a question?"

Sarah looked at me with her weary eyes, just before I pulled the blanket over her tiny body.

"Sarah, you had asked too many questions today. Go to sleep now."

I urged before I brushed my hand over her fringe which was covering her forehead.

"Just one last question, please Mummy?"

Sarah pleaded with her puppy eyes, a pair that I cannot seem to refuse.

I gave in and nodded slightly as I sat on her bed gently.

"Will I be able to see Daddy now that we are back in Seoul?"

She asked and looked at me hopefully.

I looked at her for a while without talking, and shook my head at last.

"Look Sarah, your daddy probably has a life of his own now. I am sure he won't like us to disrupt him."

I tried to explain and put into words as simple as I could.

Sarah pouted and I could see her disappointed face at once.

"We had always been fine on our own all these while, isn't it? Don't you like Mummy now?"

I stated and pinched on her cheeks playfully.

"Of course I like Mummy. Just that, just that.....I missed Daddy sometimes...."

She spoke in bits and pieces and her voice became softer and softer before I see her closing her eyelids slowly.

**************************************

Sunhee's POV

I walked into my bedroom after Sarah fell asleep.

Slumping onto the bed tiredly, I stared at the ceiling.

"Lee Donghae."

It was a name that I had yet to bring up again since five years ago, ever since I left Korea for the States.

I worked myself to the fullest each day, just not to have any spare time where his image might flash across my mind for a second.

It was not anger that was keeping myself from thinking about him.

It had long passed that stage.

What I felt for him was beyond disappointment.

**************************************

 

*Flashback*

I was a bookworm in the high school back then. He was already a well-known player in the school and because of what he did to many girls, I did not have any nice feeling about him at all.

I did not know why but he seemed to be very interested in making me notice him. I guessed that he was too used to all the girls drooling over him and could not accept the fact that I did not give a damn about him.

He started to use all kind of tactics on me, which caused a lot of jealousy from all his fan girls.

To make matter worst, the teachers made me paired up with him, even though he was two years my senior, as his studies was simply too far from being good.

Days went by with me tutoring him, and I began to notice another side of him.

He might be a player who hurt a lot of girls, but then, he had a kind heart deep down within him.

I often seen him dropping by the orphanage, and he always showered the kids with a lot of gifts.

I also begin to realize that he had a reason why he became a player. He wanted to revenge. And it was all because he had a mother who ditched his family when he was barely ten.

I did not know when my pity on him turned into love.

Everyone asked me to leave me, but then, I believed that I could change him.

We dated for almost half a year and I thought everything had been fine until one day.

The day when I caught him on bed with another girl at his house.

The same day when I was about to tell him I was pregnant with his child.

*End of flashback*

**************************************

*Sunhee's POV*

My handphone vibrated at this moment, bringing me back to reality.

It was my boss, and he was asking if I had settled down for the day.

Pushing everything off my mind for now, I replied him, thanking for all he had arranged for us.

What was the most important task on hand was to secure the the major business deals here and it was also the main reason why he had me stationed in Seoul for a year.