Where's my Sarah?

One More Chance

*Donghae's POV*

My eyes opened slowly when I felt a ray of sunlight shinning on my face warmly.

I blinked my eyes a few times before my vision went back to normal as I looked around the surrounding.

I saw a figure turning her back against me at this time and she disappeared into the washroom, carrying a basin with her.

It felt as if I had been unconscious for a long while, and I wondered what had happened to me.

"You are awake."

I heard the lady's voice saying when I tried to sit up on the bed.

"Sun...Sunny?"

I knitted my eyebrows and said in a hoarse voice.

So she was the one who had been taking care of me all this time?

"How are you feeling?"

She hurried over and helped me up quickly.

"I...I am fine I guess. Did something happened?"

I asked in confusion as I rested my back heavily against the bed rest.

My body was still aching but the pain was not as severe as before.

"You just had an operation."

She explained and handed a glass of water to me.

"I...did? So they found a suitable bone marrow for me?"

I asked in an unsure tone.

"Yes. And you will be well very soon."

She added on and gave me a warm smile before she took back the glass from me.

Somehow or rather, her smiles reminded me of the days when we were still together.

It was no longer the cold and icy one she used to give me.

**************************************

*Donghae's POV*

Two weeks passed by in a wink.

My condition had been rather stable and I could get out of the bed for some short walk now.

Swinging the doll in my hands in boredom, I began to wonder who was the kind-hearted soul who had donated the bone marrow to me.

"Why are you in a daze?"

My thoughts were soon broken when Sunny came into my ward this afternoon.

"Nothing. Just thinking through some stuff."

I shook my head a little and gave her a small smile.

Somehow, I rather like our relationship now as she did not seem to distant herself away from me anymore.

"Here, take some on this soup. It's good for your wound."

She said as she passed me a bowl.

"Thanks. Anyway, where is Sarah? Why didn't I see her for the past weeks?"

I asked and looked at her after I sipped on my soup.

"Oh, she...she had been busy with her school. And she is down with a flu too. So I made her stay at home."

She answered but somehow, I did not know why but she looked rather nervous to me.

"Did you bring her to the doctor then? How is she right now?"

I asked in concern.

"She..she is fine...fine."

She nodded her head without looking at me.

"Anyway, I shall get going. I don't feel safe leaving her at home alone."

She added on and picked up her bag quickly.

"Oh definately. You better run along now."

I said in agreement.

"Sunny..."

I called just before she stepped out of the ward, making her stopped her foot.

"I just wanna say thanks for everything."

I looked at her and said sincerely.

"And please tell Sarah that I missed her."

I continued and she merely nodded her head before she left.

**************************************

*Donghae's POV*

I buttoned back my shirt after the doctor finished his examination on me.

"Your body did not show any rejection, which is a good sign. And if this continues, you may be discharge next week."

My doctor-in-charge said as he wrote some notes on the clipboard he was holding.

"Oh really? Thank you so much doctor."

I beamed in delight over the good news.

"You are very welcome. You are indeed lucky that your daughter's bone marrow matches yours."

He added on as he took a look at the machine beside me.

"Daughter? What daughter?"

I repeated and asked curiously.

"The little pretty lady who always come to visit you. Isn't she your daughter?"

He asked and looked at me.

"Oh, you mean Sarah. She is not mine. She is my friend's daughter."

I clarified and gave him a smile.

However, he did not seem too convince with my answer and knitted his eyebrows together.

"Are you sure about this? We ran through a couple of tests before we took her bone marrow. We are almost 100 percent sure you two are blood related."

He continued and looked at me confidently.

**************************************