Mine Doesn't Match, How About Yours?

One More Chance

*Two months later*

*Sunhee's POV*

"Mummy, hurry up!"

I heard Sarah rushing me for the third time already.

She was there in the living room, busy packing her bag on the sofa impatiently.

"Fine, fine. The hospital is not going to run away."

I teased as I went out from the kitchen, packing some congee to bring to the hospital.

"I know. But I want to see Uncle Fishy soon."

She said and turned to me once, before she shifted her attention back to what she was doing again.

Talking about that guy, I had been bringing Sarah to visit him almost every day.

Not that I wished to, but then, I could not possibly leave him in the lurch now.

It was bad enough that he had been diagnosed with this terrible illness with nobody taking care of him.

And to make matter worst, his company had gone busted at this time too.

I guess no one could be feeling as bad as he was right now.

Even though he did let me down in the past, I decided that this was not the time for revenge on him.

He is, still a friend after all.

"Why are you bringing so much stuff there?"

I asked before opening her tiny bag which were overstuffed with her things.

re-princess.jpg

"Did you write all these?"

I widened my eyes in surprise when I flipped open her book where the whole page of her name were written in the Korean language.

As far as I know, this little brat of mine hated the language so much that she refused to write no matter how I coaxed her to.

"Yes. Uncle Fishy taught me to write all these."

She nodded and looked at me excitedly.

"How come you don't listen to Mummy when I asked you to write last time?"

I frowned and she just shrugged her shoulders while giggling.

Rag%20doll%20Roseanne.jpg

"And Sarah Lee, why are you bringing this with you?"

I continued and asked as I took out the doll which I gave her on her 2nd birthday.

"I want to give it to Uncle Fishy."

She stated simply.

"But this is your favourite doll. You sure you can sleep without it at night? And moreover, your Uncle Fishy is a grown up. He doesn't need the doll."

I reminded and and laughed at her naiveness.

"I...I think so. But I want the doll to accompany Uncle Fishy so that he will not be lonely when I am not around with him."

She said in an unsure tone and said further.

Nodding my head at last, I zipped her bag before we went out of the house.

**************************************

*Sunhee's POV*

By the time we reached the hospital, there were a couple of doctors and nurses who were rushing in and out of his ward.

“Is there anything wrong with the patient?”

I asked nervously as I grabbed hold of one of them who happened to come out.

“The patient’s heartbeat dropped to a very dangerously low level just now. The doctors are trying to save him now.”

She stated and walked away quickly.

“Mummy, what is wrong with Uncle Fishy?”

Sarah shook my head and looked at me in sorrow.

“Nothing darling. He will be fine.”

I forced out a smile and patted her head gently.

**************************************

*Sunhee's POV*

Three days had longed passed but he was never conscious again after that day where we almost lost him.

The doctor had updated me on his current condition and he might not be able to hold till the day where we found the suitable bone marrow for him.

I had undergone for the test but it was a pity that it doesn’t match him.

I looked at Sarah who was now staring at him at the side of his bed, and I began to wonder if her one would matches his.

After all, she stood a higher chance than anyone of us.

“Sarah, do you want to help your Uncle Fishy?”

I asked as I turned her around to face me.

“Can I? 

She nodded earnestly and looked at me with her shiny eyes hopefully.

“But it’s going to be a very painful process for you. You saw how the doctor injected on Mummy the other day right?”

I reminded and told her seriously.

She looked away from me for a little while and turned to him, before she shifted her attention back to me again.

“I want to do it. I want to help Uncle Fishy.”

 She nodded her head and said firmly.

"You are the Mummy's bravest girl."

I smiled and cupped her face gently.

Sarah then put the doll lightly beside him, and I brought her to the doctor.

**************************************

*Sunhee's POV*

"Sarah is not scare. Sarah is not scare. I want to help Uncle Fishy.

I heard Sarah mumbling to herself repeatedly as the doctor lied her on the bed.

Her tiny body was shivering hardly, and my eyes redded immediately at the sight of her.

I knew how much she was afraid of the pain, but then, it was beyond me to leave him to die.

“Alright, little girl. Relax. It’s going to take a while only.

I heard the nurse smiled at her as she prepared the things needed for injection.

I turned around, unable to see the sight of my poor girl any further.

I heard a loud wail shortly after, and it continued for another half an hour as there were a couple of injections to go.

My heart hurts beyond words, and I bit my lips to stop my tears from flowing out of my eyes.

**************************************