Silent Treatment

One More Chance

*Donghae's POV*

I nearly gasped when I saw Sarah standing at one corner quietly, hugging the nemo plush toy I gave to her before.

She stood there and stared at me blankly, and I could see from her eyes that it was different from how she had been looking at me before.

Sunny turned to me and we both exchanged a worried look at once.

"How come you are still awake, Sarah?"

Sunny walked over quickly and asked the little one.

She bit her lips without answering.

"Shall I put you to bed?"

I walked over as well and offered.

She did not look at me again or answered to my question but ran into the bedroom suddenly.

I was hoping that she did not hear any of our conversation, but it seemed otherwise.

**************************************

*Donghae's POV*

I walked into the bedroom shortly after and saw her curling under the blanket.

I kicked something soft on the ground before I realized that it was the plush toy I gave her.

She will never sleep without hugging it at night, but now, the fact that it was thrown onto the floor proved to be a bad sign.

"Sarah..."

I sat on the bed and called out to her gently.

She did not respond me like usual, and continued to stuff herself under the huge blanket.

"Come on Sarah, shall I tell you a bedtime story?"

I continued and pulled the blanket off her.

I saw her shutting her eyes tightly and she turned her back against me.

"Sarah, why won't you talk to me?"

I lifted her tiny hand and coaxed.

She yanked my hand away hardly, and my heart sank totally.

She heard what we said just now, and she hated me now.

**************************************

*Donghae's POV*

I could not sleep for the entire night.

I was so afraid that my own daughter will keep on ignoring me for good.

It hurts me a lot to see her treating me like this.

My worst nightmare had came at last.

I woke up earlier than usual to prepare her favorite breakfast for her, hoping that it could at least cheer her up for a little.

"Sarah, be good. Just eat this alright? Uncle Fishy had gotton up very early to prepare these for you. Look, it even had your favourite sunny side-up!"

I heard Sunny saying to Sarah when the little one pushed the breakfast away and asked for the cereal.

She did not look at me anymore, and she even refused to eat the breakfast I made her no matter how I coaxed her.

Sunny did try her best to help, but then, the things between us just gotton worst.

**************************************

*Donghae's POV*

The walk towards the school was an extremely torturing one.

Sarah refused to let me carry her nor take her school bag for her anymore.

She will always walk a few steps ahead of me no matter how I tried to keep up my pace with her.

I held her when we were about to cross the road, but she just withdrew her hand from mine immediately.

She used to give me a goodbye kiss before she went into the school everyday, but then, she did not even turn back to me for once today.

My heart felt so bad that I almost broke into tears right on the spot.

**************************************

*Donghae's POV*

"Yoboseyo?"

I grabbed my handphone after rushing out of the bathroom.

It was Sunny on the line.

I nearly dropped my phone onto the ground when she informed me of the news she just received from the pre-school.

Sarah went missing....

**************************************