The Return of Yoona

One More Chance

*Donghae's POV*

We returned back to the house after a while, just to see Sunny sitting on the sofa with both of her arms crossed.

There were a few canes bundled together placed on the table, and I could forsee something bad might be coming up.

"Get over here now, Sarah Lee!"

Sunny demanded in a rather harsh tone and I quickly put Sarah on the ground.

She walked over timidly after I gave her a few assuring nods.

"Do you just leave your school without telling your teacher? Did I taught you to become like this?"

She sat up straight and asked my girl seriously.

Sarah bit her lips and lowered her head before shaking slightly.

"You need to be taught a lesson."

Sunny added on and pulled Sarah towards her before she lifted the cane on the table.

"Mummy no! I won't do it again! I am sorry!"

Sarah cried out immediately and tried to stop Sunny from taking up the cane.

"Sunny, please don't do this. I am sure Sarah knows it already."

I quickly walked over and Sarah hid behind me in a swift.

"Donghae! I hope you won't interfere in this matter. And Sarah Lee! Stop hiding behind him and get over here NOW!"

Sunny insisted stubbornly and raised her voice further.

I stood on the ground helpessly when she dragged Sarah away from me and that was when the spankings started.

Each and every marks she left on my poor baby made my heart ached beyond words.

I looked aside and scratched my hair in frustration, thinking how I should help my girl.

"Mummy please! I just don't want to hear them talking bad about ap-pa! I don't want to hear them telling me that my daddy doesn't want me!"

Sarah cried further between words and I saw Sunny stopped for a second.

"Sunny, please stop! It's not her fault and you know it!! It's all mine! I am the one you should be hitting! "

I could no longer stand seeing my poor baby getting hurt and walked up to stop Sunny.

She threw away the cane and walked away silently  towards her room.

"Gwenchana, baby?"

I asked Sarah and lifted her arms which were full of marks and blew on them gently.

She nodded her head and hugged me tightly, sobbing hardly.

**************************************

*Donghae's POV*

A few weeks passed in a wink after the incident and none of us brought up the issue again.

Sarah was back to her usual chirpy mood and I still continued to fetch her to and fro school every day.

She was singing happily and skipping beside me when a familiar figure in front caught my attention.

"Yoona?"

I mouthed in surprise when she stood in front of me.

"Hae, it had been a while. I have been searching for you."

Yoona said and gave me a small smile.

**************************************