Terminal Illness

One More Chance

Sunhee's POV

Holding a number of files in my hands, I went to his office located at the highest level.

However, what greeted me was just an empty dark room.

I looked around for Yoona but she was nowhere in sight too.

Stacks of documents piled highly on her desk and I guessed that she had not been coming into office for quite a long time.

I had last seen her at the lobby a few days ago and she seemed to be in a great hurry.

Many of their staffs had been questioning over their sudden disappearance but no one seemed to have any idea where the two had gone.

The fashion show is starting in a few weeks time and there were far too many important things which needed his approval.

**************************************

*Donghae's POV*

I jerked from my sleep suddenly, when I dreamt of my late father again.

I started to hit on my head hardly, as it was hurting terribly.

I kicked the things that lied messily on the ground, and plopped down onto the sofa hardly before opening another can of beer.

*Flashback*

Doctor: I am afraid that I have a bad news for you, Mr Lee.

The doctor looked at me seriously when I picked up my medical report a week ago.

Doctor: It's leukaemia. And you are in the third stage.

He informed after scanning through the report.

My mind went completely blank at his words.

It was as if the whole world crashed on me suddenly, and it weighed so hard and heavy that I almost stopped breathing .

Donghae: How long do I have?

I asked after a long while of silence.

Doctor: I'll say a year if you take the medication and treatment. But then all is not lost yet. You still have a chance to recover completely provided if you are able to find a suitable bone marrow.

He suggested hopefully.

*End of Flashback*

My tears flowed down from the side of my eyes unknowingly.

I am going to die soon, anytime from now.

I felt so scared suddenly, and I had no one by my side now.

Yoona had left me with just a letter after she knew about my condition.

I thought she loved me, but  I guessed I was wrong.

It must be my retribution to have toyed with so many women before.

"You are pathetic, Lee Donghae!"

I sneered and muttered to myself repeatedly.

**************************************

*A few days later*

*Sunhee's POV*

I stared at the magnificent mansion in front of me.

I knew he was rich, but I did not know he was this rich.

Snapping myself out of the thoughts, I walked towards his front gate.

Just as I was busy trying to find the doorbell, I realized that the gate was unlocked.

Pushing the gate gently, I walked on the paveway that lead to the main door.

The door was left ajar and I took a peek inside curiously.

The whole living room was in a great mess, and I was thinking if the house had been broken into.

Just as I was wondering if I should go inside, a few coughing sounds caught my attention.

I saw a figure curling on the sofa, and he looked familiar.

**************************************

*Donghae's POV*

I stirred slightly when I feel a soft thud on my sleeves.

I tried to open my eyes but my eyelids were far too heavy.

"Are you sick?"

I heard a woman's voice asking repeatedly but I could not make out who it was.

I am feeling extremely awful, and the pain on my body seemed to have gotton a whole lot worst.

"Is this the feeling of dying soon?"

I wondered.

**************************************

*Sunhee's POV*

"Are you sick?"

I asked and shake him harder this time.

However, he seemed unconscious, and was muttering tons of words I could not really make out.

His breathings became irregular after a while, and I got a shock when blood started to ooz out from his nose.

"Hey, you are bleeding!!!"

I exclaimed, taking a few pieces of tissues from the table hastily and stuffed under his nose. 

But then, the bleeding was like opening a tap with running water and it wasn't too long when his shirt was almost stained.

"I don't want to die alone, I don't want...I don't want..."

He stirred in his sleep and muttered repeatedly, before grabbing my hands hardly.

His face looked so frightened suddenly, over what I did not know.

Not knowing what else I could do, I dialled for the ambulance.

**************************************

P/S: Another chappie updated. Please keep comments coming in. I love them. :)