Reconcile Finally

One More Chance

It seemed as if heaven was answering to Sarah's prayers when Donghae happened to run into the park at this very crucial moment.

His eyes widened in shock to see his daughter being pulled ruthlessly by the unknown stranger.

*Donghae's POV*

"What are you doing? Let go of my daughter!!!"

I shouted to the man and raced up to the two of them at once.

The man was obviously shocked, and he released his hands from her at once.

Sarah ran towards me and hugged onto one of my leg.

"Gosh, are you hurt by him, baby?"

I scanned her from top to bottom quickly, before I stared at the unknown man in digust.

Sarah surrounded her hands around my neck tightly when I carried her up, and it was clear  to me how much she had been frightened off by this man in front of me.

"What are you doing with my daughter?"

I questioned him furiously.

"Well, I am just trying to play a good guy here and bring the lost kid to her parents!"

The man stated, but it did not sound too convincing to me.

I shifted back my attention to Sarah afterwards, and it gave the opportunity for the man to sneak away.

**************************************

*Donghae's POV*

It took me a while to calm down my poor girl, but I was glad that she did not push me away this time.

Sunny had wanted to come here as soon as I informed her the news, but I requested for some time alone with my little angel.

"Are you feeling better, darling?"

I asked before I gave her some water from her disney bottle.

She took a few sips and nodded slightly.

"Do you know how dangerous it is for you to wander alone out there? Don't ever scare mummy and daddy like this again, you clear?"

I said and patted her head gently.

She stared at me but she did not give me any response.

"Are you really the daddy who did not want me?"

I heard her faint voice at last and she looked at me sadly this time.

**************************************

*Donghae's POV*

I swore my heart almost broke into thousand pieces the moment I saw her eyes.

They looked shiny as usual, but they were covered with a tint of sorrow and disappointment now.

"No, daddy did not mean to leave you behind. I will never, never abandon my Sarah. I know you will trust me right?"

I said softly and cupped her cheeks, and my tears just dropped from my eyes without control.

"I use to think of my daddy every night before I go to sleep. But I could not miss him because I did not know how he looked like..."

She added on disappointingly.

I looked up to keep my tears from flowing, but they just came out uncontrollably the more I tried to stop them.

"I'm sorry baby. It was all my fault."

I shook my head repeatedly and looked at her in pain.

"Is it because Sarah did something bad so you don't want me? I promise I will be good in future. Can you don't....don't want me again, ap-pa?

She said and looked at me hopefully.

**************************************

*Donghae's POV*

I broke down completely at her last sentence.

I pulled her into my embrace and hugged her tightly.

She was my baby, my child whom I did not take care for four years.

She should be hating me, but now she was begging me to want her even though she did nothing wrong.

"No, you did nothing wrong baby. It was ap-pa who was bad. I did something really bad to your mummy causing her to bring you with her. It was not your fault. It was not your mummy's fault as well. It was all mine."

I explained, putting the words into the simplest form I could come up with.

"Do you still hate ap-pa? I feel so sad when Sarah did not want to talk to me."

I released her from me and told her frankly.

"Sarah don't hate ap-pa a bit at all. I'm just scare that you don't like me. That's why I stayed away from you."

She said sweetly.

How can my girl be this kind and sweet at her age?

"Of course not! My Sarah is so sweet that I can't get enough of her."

I broke into laughter and ruffled her hair playfully.

"Sarah really really like ap-pa too. You are the most important person to me apart from mummy."

She added on and showed me a gummy smile finally.

**************************************