Finally

One More Chance

*On the plane*

*Donghae's POV*

I cupped my forehead tiredly in my hand as I lied back onto the seat.

Today was simply too much for me to bear.

*Flashback*

"You what?"

I squinted my eyes at her in doubt.

"Sorry Hae! I am sorry for lying to you. But I did it because I love you too much!"

Yoona grabbed my arm and pleaded repeatedly.

"I can't believe you did this to me, Yoona! I trusted you. I chose to come back to you even though you left me when I needed you the most. I try my best to love you again. But you...what did you do to me?"

I shook my head and stormed away from her.

"Listen to me, Hae! I did it out of love for you. Please don't leave me. I can't live without you."

She said while she followed me behind anxiously.

"Look Yoona. Stop telling me about love here. Love is nowhere like this. You will not do this to me if you really love me. We are done here."

I turned around and told her off harshly.

*End of Flashback*

Up till now, I still can't believe Yoona lied to me.

We were so much in love once, and she used to be such an innocent girl back then.

What made her changed so drastically?

Is it really because she loved me too much?

Too much to the extend of making me break my promise to my daughter for her own selfish sake?

I did not know nor I wanna to keep on thinking about it.

I just need to get back to their hometown soon.

I need to get them back in my life again.

***************************************

*Donghae's POV*

I have been trying to get hold of Sunny through the handphone for the entire time after I arrived.

However, her line was no longer in use.

I had no idea where is the exact location they had been living all their life.

All I got is the name of the area which I heard from Sarah once.

"Excuse me Auntie? Did you see this little girl before?"

I stopped a middle age woman after I walked some distance from the main road before I showed her a photo of Sarah.

She shook her head and I continued searching around.

Nobody seemed to have seen them, and looking for them was just like finding a needle in the haystack.

I took a rest at a small store nearby, trying to think if I had make a mistake in the location.

"Young man! You don't seem like a local here, do you?"

The friendly ajumma asked me when she served my chilled drink.

"Nah, I am from Seoul."

I shook my head and smiled at her.

"Oh yes, by the way, did you happen to see this little girl before?"

I added on and showed my iphone to her.

"Let's see. Oh....isn't this little Sarah?"

The ajumma asked after she took a closer look at the photo.

"Yes, yes. I am looking for her. Does she lives somewhere near here?"

I asked excitedly.

"This mother and daughter used to live next door to me. But you came too late. They shifted last week."

She continued before she looked at me.

"Do you know where they have moved to?"

I asked hopefully.

"I am afraid not. Talking about them make my heart goes out to them again. The young mother suffered a lot back then. She was all alone when she moved here. Her belly was already this big but she still have to go out to make a living. Her poor girl is no better. She had to learn to cope on her own at such a young age, especially when her mother was out there working. But it's lucky that Sarah turned out to be a really good one. Smart, sweet and lovely girl I would say. Everyone of us loves her so much."

She chuckled before she made her way back to the counter.

***************************************

*Donghae's POV*

A few days passed but I have yet to find out a single clue on when Sunny and Sarah might have gone to.

It started drizzling when I was roaming aimlessly on the road.

Deciding to take a shelter across the road, I put on my cap and walked faster.

I frowned when I saw a little girl at the traffic light ahead and she seemed to have fallen down.

Looking at the light which was about to turn green, I picked up my pace and ran ahead.

"Are you hurt?"

I picked up the young girl and asked.

She shook her head before she looked up at me.

"SARAH!"

I shouted as I stared at the familiar face whom I had been missing so badly.

"Ap-pa?"

She looked at me with equal astonishment and exclaimed.

I pulled her to safety on the pavement before I scrutinized her from head to toe.

"What are you doing out here alone? Where is mummy?"

I asked her worriedly as I took her hands where her arms were slightly scratched due to the fall.

"Mummy is working. I am going home after school."

She replied as she pointed to the building across the street.

"Alright! Let me get you back home first."

I added on when the rain was getting heavier.

Scooping her from the ground, I ran across the road.

***************************************

*Donghae's POV*

I put her down as soon as I reached the apartment level Sarah told me.

"You have been staying here?"

I asked as I looked around the surrounding which looked pretty run-down.

She nodded before she pulled the string that hung around her neck where the key was and opened the door.

I did not know why but my heart ached in pain at the sight of her like this.

Their home was quite neat except for the fact that it was small.

The area was so tiny that I hardly had the space to move around freely.

Sarah opened the fridge a while later and took out two lunchboxes.

"What's this?"

I asked curiously.

"It's my lunch. And there is one for daddy too."

She answered sweetly before she ran to the oven and put the lunchboxes inside.

"Come over to daddy, Sarah. Tell me, have you always been alone like this? And is that what you eat everyday?"

I asked seriously.

"Yes. Mummy will prepare my lunch and dinner in the box. All I need to do is to make it hot."

She nodded and answered honestly.

Again, I felt a sharp pain in my heart.

My daughter is only 4 years old and she had been doing all these stuffs alone?

"Baby, don't take this anymore. Ap-pa is bringing you out for food. Go and have a bath first, okay?"

I looked at her in pain and smiled at her sadly.

"Really?"

Her eyes brightened up at once.

"Of course. Just tell daddy what you wanna eat and I will bring you there."

I chuckled and pinched her nose playfully.

"Okay. I am going to bath."

She shouted happily and ran into the room.

"Do you need daddy to help you?"

I offered.

"No. Sarah is a big girl. I can bath myself."

She replied before I heard the bathroom door being shut.

***************************************

*Donghae's POV*

"Baby, eat slower. Don't choke yourself, you hear?"

I reminded before I passed her drink to her.

She nodded happily and gulped down quickly.

"Ap-pa, did you come and visit me?"

She asked and munched a mouthful of her pizza.

"Daddy is here to bring you back to Seoul."

I replied honestly.

She stopped eating suddenly and lowered her head.

"Why? Doesn't Sarah want to go back with daddy?"

I asked curiously and went over to her before pulling her to sit on my laps.

"Is daddy going to leave us again after a while? It's hard to say goodbye to you."

She pouted and stared at her food in front of her.

Her words made my heart ached further.

So she was afraid that I had to leave them behind again just like the other time.

"No. Daddy is not going to leave you or mummy again. The three of us are going to stay together forever, alright?"

I stated seriously.

"Really?"

She turned her head and looked at me hopefully.

"Daddy is not going to break his promise to you again. Just trust me one more time okie?"

I added on and hugged her from behind.

She nodded and continued to munch in her food happily.

***************************************

*Donghae's POV*

My girl was already fast asleep on my shoulder  when I came to Sunny's workplace.

I walked to and fro in front of her building for a while before she came out at last.

"Donghae?"

She squinted her eyes and called out doubtfully.

"Go back to Seoul with me."

I simply stated and held her hand.

"Wait....wait...what's going on here?"

She withdrawn her hand from me at once and probed curiously.

"It was nothing but a lie. Yoona lied to me about the baby."

I explained.

"Ohh....."

She seemed to have gotton the idea more or less and nodded her head slowly.

"You know the reason why I go back to her in the first place."

I reminded and stared at her seriously.

"So.....?"

She stuttered and walked a few steps away from me.

"So now you and our daughter are to return to my side and we will go back to Seoul. Let me take care of you both."

I added on firmly.

"We have been fine on our own all this while Hae...."

She shook her head and reasoned.

"It's not fine Sunny. It's not fine that my 4 year old daughter has to go home alone with no one tending to her each day. It's not fine that she has to eat microwaved food stuff everyday. It's not fine that she has to do everything alone at her age. And it's definately not fine that I have to let her mother struggle for their living on her own."

I continued firmly.

Sunny turned around and looked at me in surprise, obviously shocked that I had learnt so much of their lives.

"I......"

She had wanted to say something but I stopped her.

"It had been hard on you all this while Sunny. It's time for you to move all the burdens to me."

I am not going to take a no for an answer and dragged her along with me even before she could reply.

***************************************