It's her birthday

One More Chance

"Happy Birthday to you!" "Happy Birthday to you!" "Happy Birthday to Sarah!" "Happy Birthday to you!"

Sunhee sang softly to her young daughter Sarah, who just turned four today, on the 15th of October.

Both had just arrived in Seoul a few hours ago, and she brought her to a nearby dessert store for a simple celebration.

Sarah looked at the ice-cream in front of her with great interest, and she beamed happily as her mother reminded her to make a wish.

Putting her tiny hands together, she closed her eyes and prayed sincerely.

**************************************

Her attention of the ice-cream soon swayed off when she caught sight of a pair of father and daughter walking past the store.

The father carried his daughter on the shoulders lovingly, and the little girl covered her father's eyes playfully, before both laughed heartily along the way.

Sarah looked at the scene in front of her with great envy, and she knew at once what her daughter was thinking.

"Sarah...."

Sunhee called before she reached out her hands to hold her tiny ones.

"Remember Mummy always tell you that we are not the same as other families?"

She reminded and looked at her little girl in concern.

"I know. I know that I don't have a daddy."

Sarah answered before she shifted her attention back to her mother finally.

**************************************

Sunhee forced out a smile at her daughter, before she urged her to tuck in at the ice-cream which was melting.

It was kinda hurting to hear Sarah saying out things like that, but she did not intend to tell her lies about her daddy who chose to give up on them even before she was born.

"Mummy, why did Daddy leave us?"

Sarah popped the question out of the blue, catching Sunhee off guard for a moment.

"Well, he found someone who he thinks suit him better."

Sunhee explained briefly.

"Does that mean that Daddy likes the someone more than Sarah?"

The young girl probed further, before she looked at her mother naively.

Apart of sharing the same birthday, Sarah had the same pair of eyes as her father, which made it impossible not to answer her question.

"Sarah, it's too complicated to explain the reason to you now. You will know when you gets older alright?"

Sunhee stated before she took a napkin to clear the side of , which was stained with the tasty ice-cream.

Even though Sarah wanted to know further deep inside her heart, she did not say anything more but to nod obediently knowing that it would hurt her mother further should she continue to ask.