The Magician

LOL

I was walking towards the school when Taemin and I separated ways, he made sure that I reach the fron of the university gate before he turned his way towards his SHINee friends who obviously talks about su without us knowing.

“Ahem” I heard a fake cough as I looked at that girl making it. Chorong.

 

I gave her a smile as I looked at the road Im walking too.

 

“Now you are ignoring your bestfriend huh? What’s with you smiling at Taemin and him leaving you here with a smile on his face” She gave me a spill everything look as I shrugged my shoulders. Well, I don’t want here to know by now what’s going on with us.

 

“Friends—yes, we are friends” I said.

“Friend wont laugh together while walking towards the school gate”

“Woah—you and Myungsoo are obviously like that”

“YAHH!!!! Why is it going on me!” She shouted as I chuckled.

“We were just friends for Pete’s sake Cho” I said as I ran hastily after seeing our gate.

“You are obviously bad at lying”

 

I halt.

 

When did I became bad at lying? Iam usually the best at lying during our primary and secondary days that sometimes I tend to lie on my reading when Im too lazy, hey but don’t misunderstood it. Im making white lies. So when did I became bad at that.

“Iam what?” I looked at her as she crossed her arms.

“Lately you are been acting weird, you may not see me stalking you—but the way you smile when you see him and that Krystal girl, Its totally not you—I mean, did you ever fall in love Na?”

 

Did I ever fall in love?

 

“What’s with the sudden question” I gave a chuckle as I turn my back at her.

“Nahh—Just thinking maybe you are experiencing one right now” She patted my shoulder as I looked at her pointing her lips at somewhere that I followed it to see a guy leaning on some moss wall.

 

Taemin?

 

“He is acting weird these days also—“ She went closer to me as she whispered “Maybe he is that one guy who holds the Hope Card”

 

I blinked as I saw for one second Chorong whispering at me as I turned without her presence for another second that I chuckled and shook my head and looked at Taemin who was there.

 

“Hey! What are you doing here?” I shouted as he turned his head to look at me and smiled.

“Just found my guys boring—“

“Boring?” I tilted my head despite the gap we have as he straighten up and pointed at my place.

“Go inside now, its chilly outside—I just came to see if you went home already” He smiled at me as I ave a slight nod and went up my house as I turned and looked at his back.

“Thanks Taemin”

 

He didn’t turned back but instead he waved his back as he walked down our alley.

 

This guy know how to make a girls heart jump. No wonder he is called an icon.

 

“Mom—Iam home” I took off my shoes the moment I stepped on my doorstep to see my mom in an apron giving me a hug.

“Mom, you smell like blueberry” I sniffed at her dress as she chuckled.

“Your favorite, oh and who is that guy a while ago—he is handsome” My mom mocked.

“Mom—he is just a friend” I said.

 

Mom doesn’t fail to give me those mocking looks and weird eye gestures when it comes to guys, the first time I got a mocking look from mom was when I was in level six and someone in the park came to me and gave a choco because Iam crying, the moment mom saw that she told me he want to meet that guy again. And now Iam in college I didn’t even know mom never gets tired of this.

 

“He is handsome” She nudged me.

“Mom” I rolled my eyes as I ran towards the kitchen getting a taste of her blueberry cheesecake.

 

That night ended with so much mocking, insults and screams from my mom, why? She was watching Lee Min Ho’s The Heirs for the nth time that my ears got tired of her flailing towards that guy on the screen, I slept earlier than her because I have some place to go to the next day that when I woke up I saw mom sleeping on the couch with the television on pause.

 

“She forgot to turn off again the tv” I clicked the remote and push the power button as I head outside wearing my floral dress and my sling bag.

 

“Hey—“ I heard a voice coming from behind me as I looked at who is it.

“Oh—Myung?” I saw him running towards me as I waved at him.

“Going somewhere?”

 

I nodded.

“Oh, with a guy?”

I nodded. “You?”

“Just somewhere” He said.

 

Just when we were talking, I felt a presence behind me that I looked around and saw Taemin on his green military jacket and on a converse shoes as he tucked his hands inside his pockets.

 

“Guess the guy is here to fetch you” Myungsoo smiled as he bowed at Taemin and he did the same as I saw Myungsoo running and waving at me.

“I thought you don’t have a boyfriend?” Taemin said.

“He is a boy..friend not a boyfriend” I corrected him.

“Ahh, so you like him?”

 

I looked at him as I crossed my arms “Why are you asking these things?”

“I told you we can stop this lying game when you want or I want right?”

 

I nodded.

 

“Do you want to stop now? I guess you already have Myungsoo with you”

“How did you know his name”

“I have ways”

 

Sometimes I think this guy is some kind of a wizard, first he pops in and out of the scene and second he changes everything in me just like Chorong said, he was like a peacemaker at the same time a weirdo for talking to me.

“So, have you brought?”

I tapped my bag to signal him that I brought my tarot cards today because he said he wanted me to do a reading for him, and since mom is sleeping, I prefer to do him a reading on our shop nearby.

“Good—I have tons of question for you now” He grabbed my wrist that I think this was his hobby now on how to shut me up or to make me voluntarily go with him.

 

The moment we stepped on my shop and entered, I let him sit on one of our tables as I grabbed a small snack at the counter.

 

“Bring it out now….”

 

Because of this guys inpatient witts, I brought it out and spread it on the table, I let him shuffle the cards and put it on one deck as I part them into three equal side as I put it one again and picked ten cards and placed it in a diamond position with one on the side.. 

“Have you thought of a question now? Don’t tell me okay—its not even necessary to tell me” I said as I opened the first card.

“Hey—why is it that you are not using the weird card—why is it pink?”

“I prefer using my Sakura Cards on you since I don’t want to use the tarot cards today. Don’t worry I use this a lot for reading coz this is much more accurate than my tarot and much safer” I said as I opened the first one till the end one [A/N: Wonder what Taemin’s reading is? I will tell it to you someday :D]

“Well is it a good one or a bad one?” He said.

“On the first half yes it is, but—is your question answered?”

 

He shrugged.

 

I wonder what his question was that I don’t know if my reading is right? Does it involve his family that he wants to do this reading?

 

“But the Time Card do sure gave me goosebumps, I mean—it might become real just when you said it is the obstacle”

“Really? Oh—“

“Then you said my future is locked”

 

I looked at the cards infront of me as I wondered.

 

What does this guy is thinking.

 

“Should I change my future?”

 

That gave me a surprise. Since at the first place he is the first guy I ever did a reading and the first person who wants to change the future. Is my reading that not good? Well I thank myself for using Sakura Cards instead of Tarot Cards.

 


A/N: The title doesn’t actually implied to the story, I mean the meaning of the card, because the literal meaning of card is change well its up to you if you see that there’s something had changed, hehehe I just like the card itself because its whats goin on my life right now, and wonder what Taemin’s reading is? Hmnn—should I reveal it? Maybe soon! :D So how was this chapter going on right now? Will you give me a two thumbs up? Three thumbs up? Or no thubs up at all.

 

ANYWAY! I love seeing your comments below but I cant reply because y mobile is going nuts again. :D