Two of Cups

LOL

Its not that I don’t like the fact that Iam dating Seoul’s University icon, Lee Taemin, its just that—I don’t like it when people stare at me as If I did something wrong to them, and what’s worse is Krystal’s been acting so weird.

“Hey Naeun ssi” She placed her arms around my shoulders as I looked at Taemin who was munching some peppero while looking at us.

“Hi Krystal” I bowed though her arm was at my shoulder that she chuckled then clapped her hands.

“Taemin—I didn’t know you will go this far just to shoo me out”

He rolled his eyes.

 

“Krys—shut that mouth okay? I want the SHINee boys to know that Iam a man now” He continued biting on his peppero as Krystal shook her head and placed her arms around my shoulders again.

“But you are hurting this girl”

 

I looked at her.

 

“Me?” I pointed at myself.

 

She nodded. “Arent you?” She asked as she tilted her head.

 

“Nah—Krys we are in a relationship with benefits”

 

Krystal gave a loud chuckle as  look at her and chuckled back also.

 

“Seriously, Lee Taemin, I didn’t know that this day will come that you will ask someone to go fake on you—like seriously, its one of the child’s game for Pete’s sake”

 

“Iam not into gaming”

 

My eyes widened as Krys eyes shouted.

 

“So are you telling me—“

“Shut up, its non of your business” Then he walked out as she brought back her gaze at me.

“Don’t worry—you’ll get used on him being like that” She pointed at the door where Taemin just walked out as I nodded.

“Uhm—can I ask?” I said.

“Oh go ahead—“

“Who are you to Taemin that she used me to shoo you out”

“Nah—just reasons, maybe Minho oppa and Key oppa mocked him again about that manly thingy”

 

I looked at her in an awe as I tilted my head.

 

“Manly? But—isn’t he manly enough?”

 

She shook her head. “You know this guy doesn’t know how to fall in love, everything was like games—oh and do you know that he still remembers how long does his relationship last with her previous girl?”

 

I didn’t know Taemin has such a good mental capacity that he can remember the exact hours, minutes and seconds that relationship worked.

 

What have you gotten yourself into Son Naeun.

 

Right now I want to facepalm myself, I agreed to be a girlfriend to that guy—and much worse a fake one. How stupid am I?

 

“Don’t worry Naeun ssi, he knows how to play this game—plus I think you are on an agreement right? Just never fall in love with him” She checked her watch as she grabbe her clutch and dashed outside of the room leaving me alone with the chairs, tables, blackboard and widely opened windows.

 

“Naeun—“ I jerked up when I heard someone called my name that  turned to look at that voice.

“Oh Taemin ssi” I looked at him as I looked at the scenery infront of me.

“Enjoying the second floor view that much?”

 

I nodded.

“Hmnn—I should let you see what waiting on the higher floor of this university is” The moment he said those words I felt myself been dragged by wrist as  I saw him carrying my bag on his other hand as we ran through the stairs passing the blank alley going on the highest place of this school.

 

“Wa—wait” We finally stopped on an open area where fresh air can be inhaled. I gasped for air as he went on the other side of the open area sitting at the cement floor as I looked at him with my hands on my waist.

“Why did you bring me here?”

“Iam bored..sit down” He tapped the floor next to him as I sat on it leaving a five centimeter space as my fingers fidget while I play on my bag’s zipper.

“This is the place where I mostly hang out?”

“Really?”

 

He nodded then looked at me as he grabbed my bag.

 

“What’s inside of it?” He opened the zipper of my bag as I tried to stop him, my tarot cards are there. I don’t want him to see it.

“Nothing—just nothing” I grabbed the other side of the bag as he pulled it towards him.

“Just let me see it—I promise I wont mock you when I saw sandwiches there.

[A/N: Sandwiches pertains to napkins]

 

As I pulled it to my side he pulled it to the other side as well when all of a sudden one card flew out of my bag landing it on an upside down basis at him.

“My two of cups” I grabbed the card as I hugged it when he loosen his grip on my bag.

“Two of what? And what is that?” He is pointing at my card as I tried my best to hide it from him.

“Just nothing”

“Do you know that our university prohibits gambling?”

“This is not for gambling”

“But it is a card”

“Tarot card”

“Carrot card?”

 

I rolled my eyes as his eyes twitched a little as I showed him the card in my hand.

 

“This is a tarot card, well its not one of the gambling cards in casino—it’s a special card that holds meaning onto it”

“Ohhh—then what that means?”

 

I never knew he would pay much attention to thiscard when no one would say “your silly” at me when they saw this.

 

“You sure you wanna know?”

 

He nodded.

 

“Two of cups means commitment—new relationship, well as far as I know this card symbolizes new beginning when its facing the person, but when it is reversed it mean the total opposite” I explained.

“Really? Then is it facing me or facing you?” He asked.

 

Should I tell him that the card was facing him upside down which means hurt will come his way in the future? Nah, I don’t think that will work when it is not shuffled, plus this is a minor arcana card, I seldom see this on my decks. Well I just hope that this is just purely coincidence.

 

“Naeun—can you look at my relationship status in the future?” He gave me a smile.

 

That is the first time some guy asked for a reading from me and its all brand new.  Even my feeling are all brand new.  What is happening to me?