Strength

LOL

Ever since I was five I was always having this trust issues, yes I have friends but a few would be called as real. Why? Well, I have this ability to foresee future through card reading. At first I thought it was cool that I have that ability but—I guessed spilling it out to my classmates during our primary days helped me to earn that title weirdo, that  their way of approaching me makes me annoyed. But to those who were amazed well I befriended them and they relied on my card readings especially my girl classmates who wants to know about their crushes or something.

During middle school I decided to transfer places because there was this time where I was been bullied and was been teased by my classmates as a witch that everytime I came to school my desk would be drawn by some weird figures. Do Tarot Card reading makes me a witch? Is it really wrong for me to have this one of a kind of ability which I don’t know where I inherited to? That’s the question Iam always asking myself since I learnt my special ability.

 

“Naeun—“ I was packing my bags and getting myself ready to my upcoming university as my mom gave me a pat on my head and my lunch.

“Mom, you don’t need to give me lunchpacks”  I chuckled as I put it inside my bag and pecked her cheeks as I bid my goodbye and went to school.

 

Usual day I guess. The sun is brightly shining and Iam walking on this heated weather as I hold onto the straps of my bag as I saw the gates of my university, Seoul University. I walked hastily with a smile on my face as I saw the big quadrangle, cherry blossoms giving their usual pink color flowers and a peaceful life.

“NAEUUUN!” A familiar voice called me as I turned to look at where that voice came from and saw my lovely friend Chorong waving her hands at me that I ran at her and waved back.

“Cho—“ I gave her a warm hug as I gave her a smile as she pulled back and patted my head and examined me from head to toe.

“You sure looks pretty on that uniform!” She exclaimed.

“Aigoo—talk the one who isn’t. So—“ I looked around to see if someone was there to put his arms around my great friend but there isn’t.

“Where’s Joonmyeon?”

“Oh! He said he got classes at the other building so I let him ran all the way there”

 

Joonmyeon was Chorong’s highschool sweetheart, well thanks to me they’ve realized they like each other.

“So you still doing that tarot reading right?”

 

I nodded.

 

“Why?”

 

She pouted as she puts her arm at my shoulders and looked at me as she faced me to her. “Can you really not see If you are going to be with someone huh?” she nudges me as I gave her a smile as I roll my eyes and pushed her face away from my face.

“Cho—I told you right! I cant see my future, Im just handling my Hope Card

“That card doesn’t make sense at all”

“Well—based on what I read on my Seeker book—“ she cutted my sentence as she crossed her arms.

“So you are really thinking that there is this one guy who holds that Hope Card?

“That’s why its called Hope right?” I patted her right shoulder as I passed by her and saw a group of guys, five handsome guys coming towards my way.

“SHINee”

 

I looked at Chorong as I brought back my daze at the five handsome guys coming towards my way, or our way I mean.

 

“You know them?”

 

She nodded and then shook her head.

 

“Suho just told me they are an icon at this university”

“Ah—as I can see”

 

I nodded as I looked at their side profiles as they lined in a straight one as they all tucked their hands on their pockets making the girls around us screams and boys backing off.

 

“Are they really that an icon?” I whispered at Chorong as she shrugged and dragged me towards our room to avoid some stampede later on.

 

We sat at our desk and made sure that we are seated next to each other just how we were since our middle school days.

“Look Naeun—it is said that our classes should start by now” She tapped on her IPhone screen as I looked at it and grabbed mine.

“Hmn—maybe they are all busy with the stars

“Yeah I guess” She scanned her phone as she stood up and answered a call coming from Suho I guess as I looked around the big room with a lot of vacant seats, really a lot.

 

“Ahm—excuse me!” I looked at the tall guy infront of me as he tapped my shoulder.

“Oh yes?”

“Is there someone sitted here?” He pointed at the chair infront of me as I shrugged my shoulders.

“I don’t know—they are all busy outside and I guess you can sit there” I smiled at him as he sat infront of me with his back facing me.

“Oh—by the way. Im Myungso. Kim Myungsoo” He turned around to look at me as I made a slight bow and then smiled.

“Son Naeun” I offered my hand for a handshake as he grabbed it and shook it a little as we turned to the door to see the people coming inside sitting at their desired seats as the professor came with a book on his hand while looking at his watch and beginning the lesson.

 

While the class was ongoing the students suddenly turned their heads to that someone coming inside our classroom not minding the teaching professor as he stopped and looked for a vacant seat which was at my back.

 

“Excuse me”

I slightly turned my head to look at him as I saw him smiling at me while the other girls were whispering.

“Hmn-?”

“Do you have spare pen?” He scratched the back of his head and I swear he looks hot while smiling add that cool gesture.

I lent him my pen as he gave me a slight bow and said thanks.

“Naeun—did you just” Chorong nudged me as I looked at her and squinted y eyes as I placed my index finger on my lips.

“Shh—“

She nodded as we continued writing and listening to our professor as it finally ended and I was fixing my things when I turned to look at the guy at my back and he was gone, but my pen is there and he left me a message.

 

Thanks for the pen. :) 

-T-

I looked at the note and tilted my head “T?”

“Huh?”

I looked at Chorong as I slid the note on my pocket and smiled at her as I grabbed her and dragged her to the canteen to grab some foods when Myungsoo talked that we stopped.

“Anoo—can I join you?”

Chorong and I shared glances as I nodded as he smiled and came right after us as we grabbed on some seat.

 

“Wow—Naeun I really envy you for having a mom like her! Bento!” I brought out my bento as Chorong grabbed one sushi on it and I swatted her as I pulled my bento to mine.

“Ask Suho’s mom to do one to you” I mehrong-ed at her as she pouted and bit at her chopstick and saw Myungsoo across us laughing.

“Why are you laughing?”

He shook his head as he took a bite on his sandwich “Its just you are too cute”

 

We were happily eating our lunch as we talked with each other specially now we have Myungsoo as our new company when someone—yes someone I don’t want to see came.

“Oh! Our little witchy is here!” I can summon all the evil spirits to take him away here.

“Gikwang—leave us alone” Chorong stood up as I just continued eating.

“So—you two are still friends? Chorong I told you that she is not a good influence right?” He placed one hand on her shoulder as I stood up and blocked her making the people at the cafeteria looked at us.

“What do you want?” I looked at him as I crossed my arms and looked at him giving a sly smile.

“Nothing—Im just here to welcome you to Seoul High” He then averted his gaze at Myungsoo as I pushed him away when he leaned on someone.

 

T.

 

“I see you’re a new face” He said as he looked at him while he fixed his bangs that is covering his face as he tucked his hands on his pocket.

“Yeah—so who are you?”

 

He gave Gikwang a smile as I just blinked.

 

“Naeun—isnt he the guy a while ago” Choron whispered as she held onto my arms and Myungsoo being at my back as I nodded.

 

“Hmmn—lets say as a welcome” the guy bended as he looked at Gikwang before looking at me. “Why are you bullying our lovely ladies?”

 

Gikwang rolled his eyes as he crossed his arms “Lovely? Oh please”

 

I can sense that this wont go to a good conversation as he squinted his eyes and whispered at his ear and smiled as he easily pulled back and Gikwang ran.

 

“Are you hurt anywhere?” He then looked at me.

 

“Ah—she is not hurt—“ I covered Chorong’s mouth as I smiled at T guy who was turning his back on me.

“Next time don’t get involved with some filthy guys” and then he smiled.