The Hermit

LOL

A/N: Hermit is a part of Major Arcana cards which is a Tarot Card. Wondering why I know this? I will tell you sooner or later, okay so Hermit based on Webster dictionary is a person who tends to isolate themselves, and according to a book I rely, Hermit Card pertains to odd people who keeps themselves all the time and not interested in human company. 


 

For a minute I thought my world stopped, it seemed that everyone had been in slow motion and that is because of T’s smile at me. For a moment I felt my heart skipped a beat when he bent down and whispered at Gikwang, I felt that he is my knight in shining armour.

 

“Naeun—“ I felt Choron shook me as I blinked and looked at her.

“Uh—huh? You saying something?” I turned to look at her as Myungsoo poked my cheeks and smiled.

“Obviously someone fell love at first sight at Taemin” He said.

“Taemin?” I looked at Myungsoo as he nodded and Chorong covered to prevent her laughter.

“The girls are shouting his name—you didn’t heard it?” Myungsoo pointed at the girls almost surrounding us as I looked at them and grabbed them by their arms and shoving us away from those devil stares.

 

I brought them outside the canteen as Myungsoo gasp for his breath as he looked at me.

“I didn’t know my first day here would be this weird” He said while catching his breath.

“Nahh—welcome to the weird club” Chorong said as she raised her arms and looked at me “Okay – I didn’t said anything”

“Naeun—“ Myungsoo stood up perfectly as he looked at me with his hands on his pocket. “Who is that Gikwang?”

 

I looked at him as I looked around.

“Hmn—he is the greatest bully at my middle school” I said.

“Make that ours” Chorong butted in.

“Ah-can I ask why?” Myungsoo asked.

 

I thought for a second If I should tell Myungsoo about my abilities, but I guess I should try right? It happened all the while, he might freaked out but—I felt comfortable with him even thought this is the first time we just saw each other.

“Actually—I have this weird ability” I said.

“She is really weird but useful at some times” Chorong butted in that I squinted my eyes at her as I hissed. “Oh—go ahead you tell him” she continued.

 

“Okay, promise you wont freak out or say any violent reactions”

 

He nodded.

 

“Okay—so I can foresee future”

“How?”

“Tarot reading?”

“What’s that?”

“Hmmn—“ I tapped my chin as he looked at me. “Its this big card which weird drawing? Ah—you wont understand it because I didn’t bring my set”

He gave me a chuckle as I looked at him “You are not believing me right?” I crossed my arms as he nodded.

“Well people don’t usually believe at me—but this girl does” I put my arm around Chorong’s shoulder as I looked at Myungsoo signaling him to go away and as if he can read my thought that he walked at the direction opposite of ours as I looked at Chorong.

 

“And you thought he was a friend” She patted my head as I looked at her and hugged her.

“You are the only one who believed on me”

 

She nodded and caressed my head as I sighed.

 

“Oh Suho!” I heard Cho shouted as she pulled from my hug and waved at the guy coming towards our way as I smiled.

“Why is our lovely Naeun crying” Suho bent over to look at me as he gave a peck on Cho’s cheek that I want to puke.

“Oh pretty please stop being cheesy and lovey dovey here” I hugged myself as Chorong leaned his head on his shoulder and Suho cuddling her tight.

 

Oh how come I have friends like this.

 

I chuckled at the sight of them as I excused myself because I remembered  had to do some errands for our shop just near the school. Well my mom loves to bake and I decided to save money just to let my mom have her own shop near our school so that she wont be bored when I was not at the house.

 

Ever since my dad left us to work abroad, my mom is the one who took care of me, and just last year without notice I suddenly received a news that my dad died, and guess what. The week before my dad died I tried to shuffle my card deck, just for fun, and this card tower came up and with a rain card.

(note: she used the witch deck and sakura cards to read. *tower card means an alarming event may happen)

My dad died August, which is a rainy season—that made my mind opened more that what I can shuffle may come true, though it may take a long time to happen—still, it does.

 

“Naeun-ah!” I opened the door as my mom welcomed me as she puts down her apron down to give me a hug.

“Mom—no deliveries for today?”

“Nah—Just done, Im actually waiting for you, where’s Chorong?” She looked at my back as I smiled.

“She is with Suho mom, I go ahead of them”

She nodded at me as she grabbed her bag at the counter and as I grabbed mine too as I helped her closed down the shop and walked towards home.

Mom continued asking me how was first day in school and I told everything except the part where Gikwang came in and calmost bullied me, and of course I rephrased the story of Taemin helping me which made my smiled, I also deleted the part that Myungsoo freaked out, or should I say disappointed when I told him I foresee the future using my magical cards.

“So—are you okay with them?”

 

I nodded.

 

“Are you enjoying?” I looked at my mom as she unlocked our house and entered.

“Yes mom—as long as Cho is there Iam fine the way it is” And I smiled.

“Never think you are a hermit my dear okay?”

 

I nodded.

 

Mom would always call me a hermit on my shell since I was young and ever since I knew my special ability, she often tells me get out of your shell, try to mingle, be friendly, no man is an island until I met Chorong, the only girl who believed in me at that time. She is the one who argued with Gikwang and at the end I told her that someday she and Suho will be together, and in one week Suho confessed and that’s the time she really believed me like hell.

 

“Mom—Iam not, I have Cho and Joonmyeon” I want to say Taemin but I guess we are not on that level to say we are even friends because in reality he is just the guy I lent my pen that I know the name starts with T and the guy who saved me from that rascal Gikwang who made my heart thump like no other.