Chapter 9

Saranghae, saranghae, saranghae

The next morning I woke earlier than the rest of my family so that I can avoid eating breakfast with them. I left a note on the dining table saying that I had to leave early to school for a project meeting. The cold wind greeted me as soon as I stepped outside the house. I looked up the sky to see the clouds turning grey. Looks like it is going to rain today.

I walked slowly to the bus stop with my hands burried deep inside the pockets of my jacket. "It is so cold today...." I murmured to myself. Fortunately the bus arrived early so that I didn't have to wait in the cold for long. As the bus pulled up at the bus stop near Jonghyun's school, I remembered about the slip of paper that he gave me yesterday. Why would he give me his handphone number? Its not like I need it. And what did he say yesterday about liking me? I have no intention of building any relationship now. 

Love never last anyway. Well, at least that is what I believe in.

~~~~

"Hey Jimin are you okay?" Hanbyul asked me during recess. 

"Yeah I am. Sorry for making you guys worried yesterday. And for not helping you guys baked yesterday." I apologised, feeling guilty because I ditched the project group.

They both looked at each other and faced me again, "Did you talk to your mum about yesterday after you got back home? We were worried because your mum called us yesterday to say that you haven't got home last night."

I smiled weakly. "I went to the park to get some fresh air yesterday. By the way Taeyeon, did your mum told you anything about why my mum is erm...smoking at your house yesterday?" Taeyeon seemed nervous when I asked the question. I know her for almost 10 years already. I was sure that her mum told her something. "You know, it will be helpful if you can tell me." I reassured her.

"Umm...according to my mum, your erm...mum just broke up with her recent boyfriend."she hesistantly spoke. 

I sighed. I should have known. My mum had been in countless relationships since the divorce and to be honest, I hate it. "I will talk to her when the time is right but right now, I just need to focus on my exams." I smiled weakly.

"We are always here for you okay?" Hanbyul squeezed my hands.

~~~~

After school, I parted ways with my best friends and headed to Crystal Park again. I walked around the park slowly, breathing in the fresh breeze. I sat at the bench and started doing my revision there. "Functions of glycoproteins..."I started to mumbled to myself. Despite memorising for biology, I still had to plugged in my earpiece so that I could blocked out my surroundings. The song that I was hearing suddenly paused when I was shutting my eyes. I slowly opened my eyes to see a grinning Jonghyun in front of me.

"Oh my god, what the hell are you doing here Jonghyun?!" I half screamed as I was completely taken aback.

"I figured that you would come here." He continued grinning. He peered at the textbook in front of me and he smiled. "Biology huh?"

"Yeah. Do you like it?"

He shook his head, "Not exactly my forte if you ask me."

He started to take out his textbooks and did his own revision. The both of us ended up revising there until I realised it was 7 pm already as the sky was getting dark. I stood up and started packing up my stuff. Jonghyun who realised my actions, stopped turned off his calculator and started stuffing his books in his bag as well. 

He walked me home that night just like the night before. "Are you going to be there again tomorrow?"He asked.

"I think I will go to the library tommorow." We reached my house and I thanked him. "You don't have to walk me home you know."

"I know. But I want to."

I unlocked the door and was about to enter but he stopped my hands. "Jimin ah."

I turned and faced him. "Yes?"

"I was serious about what I said yesterday." He gazed softly at my eyes.

"Okay, so what do you want me to do about it?" I replied him with a poker face. 

"Text me if you accept my feelings."