Chapter 12

Saranghae, saranghae, saranghae

When I reached home that day, I went to the kitchen to pour myself a bowl of cereal and milk. Only my younger brother was at home and he was watching television in the living room. "Have you eaten anything?" I shouted to him.

"No." I scanned the kitchen trying to think what can I cook for him. In fifteen minutes, I handed over a plate of french toast to him. "Thanks." He grinned. I shrugged and took my cereal to my room. I boot up my laptop and started watching the latest drama that I was currently watching- The Voice. If you knew me, crime fiction is my favourite genre.

That night while I was having dinner with my brothers, the doorbell rang. My older brother went to the door to find my mother, drunk. She was holding on to the man beside her for support. "I am her colleague," the man introduced himself. My brother pulled my mother away from him and mumured a thanks to him. After closing the door, I helped him settled my mum on the sofa. 

"Drunk? Are you being serious right now? This is the 5th time this week!" I exploded. Her eyes were shut so I didn't know whether she was asleep or just pretend to ignore me. "I am so tired of this...."I sighed helpessly.