Chapter 10

Saranghae, saranghae, saranghae

4 years later....

I confidently pipetted 20 mL of 0.2M of HCl and transfered it to a 100 mL volumteric flask. After that I topped it up with deionised water and homogenised it. I had filled up my burette with NaOH then I performed my titration. Seeing that I was done with the experiment, Ms Charlie observed the meniscus inside the burette and wrote something on her marking sheet. She nodded to me, signaling that I could proceed with housekeeping and go. I washed all the apparatus that I had used and took off my lab coat. Junhyung approached me, smiling. 

The both of us left the lab. "So how was it?" I asked while pressing the lift button.

"Hmm..considering that Ms Charlie didn't frown at me, I think I did quite well." Junhyung grinned.

"Or maybe considering that you are my lab partner for a year already, you have absorbed my skills,"I joked. Still grinning, he rolled his eyes and pretended not to hear what I just said. We entered the lift and I pressed the 1st floor button. My phone vibrated. I fished it out of my bag and a big smile was plastered on my face.

"Ehem, looks like your boyfriend texted you eh?" Junhyung purposely teased me. I nodded and lightly slapped myself to stop from smiling too much. "You are still over the moon even though you have dated him for like 4 years?"

I quickly replied the message and turned around to face Junhyung. "Get a girlfriend and you will know." We stepped out of the lift and walked out of the building. It was 9:30 AM so I still have a lot of time until my next class. "Sorry Junhyung, I have to go. Meet you at the next class okay?" I apologised and started to jog across the big lawn. After a few steps I turned around to jog backwards, "Make sure to eat breakfast!" I called out to him. He gave me a thumbs up as a reply and I waved at him.

I hastily entered the cafe and the person I wanted to meet was waving at me from his seat. I made a beeline for the table. "Did your lab test end well?" Jonghyun asked, his gaze was soft.

Jonghyun. The first guy that I dated in my life. The day at the library that day 4 years ago ended with me accepting his feelings.

4 years ago...

I combed my hair back in frustration when I got the question wrong. The clock showed that it was 12 PM, indicating that I was at the library for 2 hours already. When I looked up from the question paper that I was doing, I saw Jonghyun looking around. I waved at him so that he could spot where I was. He smiled and came over to me. My bag that I placed on the seat opposite mine was shifted to the ground so that he could settle in opposite me. 

The two of us had been going to the library together for two months now. It was almost like a routine to be meeting him at the library everyday. He took a look at what I was doing as he was taking out his books. "Biology again?" he rolled his eyes.

"I am planning to enrol into a medical school, what do you expect Mr Jonghyun?" I whispered to him.

He chuckled and the both of us were absorbed in our own work. After working on the question paper for another half an hour, I stood up to stretch my body. I quietly made my way to the toilet after handing my handphone over to Jonghyun for him to take care of it for me. When I was back at my seat, I found a blue rose sticking out of my textbook. It piqued my curiosity so I pulled out the rose from my textbook to find a note sticking on it. 

Good luck for your exams! I hope you get into the medical school that you wish for. Still waiting for you to text me since 2 months ago, I am willing to wait as long as it takes :)