Chapter 8

Saranghae, saranghae, saranghae

Jonghyun walked me home that night. I didn't know whats wrong with me but I felt relieved that he showed concern to me. "Thank you. I appreciate your concern," I spoke softly. We were already on my doorstep but he was still there. "Here is fine." I unlocked the door but I noticed that he was still standing behind me. "Yes Jonghyun? Do you need anything else?" I turned around to face him.

"I like you."

I was stunned. I gripped the keys in my hands tightly. What is he saying? "Excuse me?"

"I like you Jimin. From the moment I saw you."

I don't know what to say. I mean I barely know him! This guy is a creeper. Why would he even like me? He doesn't even know me. "I-its late now. Y-you should get home." I stuttered while fumbling to turn the doorknob. Jonghyun suddenly slipped a piece of paper in my left hand. Without turning back I entered my house and shut the door close. My heartbeat was increasing as my heart beat so fast. Why am I feeling this way? I don't even like him. I listened carefully as his footsteps got softer as he walked away. I unfolded the paper in my hands. It was his handphone number. What should I do with this again?

I could hear the sound coming out from the tv as I entered the living room. My mother was sitting at the couch alone with a cup of hot coffee in her hands. I sighed, thinking what I should say. But before I could speak, my mother saw me first and asked, "Oh you are back."

I just gazed at her not knowing what to say. "I am kind of tired today. School was pretty tough today so I am just going to bed early tonight." I said. My mum nodded her head and I made my way upstairs. Just when I reached the second floor, Hyunsik was just exiting his room. His folded his arms and asked me, "Where the hell did you go?"

"I took a walk. Just need some fresh air, nothing much."

"Next time let mum know at least. She was worried sick. I was also worried okay." Hyunsik's voice became more stern. I shrugged and entered my room.

I shoved Jonghyun's number in my school bag and tossed my bag on my swivel chair. I didn't even bother to take a shower and straight away jumped into bed. This is stupid. What should I do now? Should I tell my brothers? Or did they know already? But why is she even smoking? Since when did she start smoking? 

All of those questions remained unanswered as I drifted off to sleep.

~~~~