Chapter 1

Saranghae, saranghae, saranghae

I woke up to the whispering of people around me. I slowly opened my eyes to see my family staring back at me. The medical equipments around the white bed gave away the clue that I was at the hospital. I cringed as I tried to lift up my casted right arm. Suddenly my father started to shout at my mother, blaming her that what happened to me was her fault. My mother shouted back at him with tears flowing like a river down her cheeks. My lips quivered as nervousness took over me. Two nurses entered the ward and tried to stop them. I slowly closed my eyes, falling into a deep sleep.

6 years later....

My whole body was sweating when I suddenly awakened from my sleep. I touched my chest only to feel that my heart is beating at a fast rate. The moonlight trespassed my window and made it through a small gap between the curtains. It shined my alarm clock which showed 2.15 AM. A sigh of relief escape from my mouth. It was the same nightmare playing on replay almost every night. The same nightmare haunts me whenever I go to sleep. I grabbed the bottled water from my night stand and drank to quench my thirst. Like almost every night, I have to listen to music in order for me to fall asleep and so, I played 'Some' by Soyu and Junggigo on my mp3 player. Slowly, I drifted off to sleep.

The yellowish orange ray of light enters my room through the windows and hit me softly in the face. With a moment of hesitataion, I threw my alarm clock which was ringing loudly beside my ears. It landed right beside my wadrobe and broke into pieces. Oops.

"Jimin! Don't tell me you did it again! That was your 10th one." My mum shouted from the kitchen downstairs. 

I ignored her and slowly made my way to the toilet. The doorknob won't budge. It was locked from inside meaning one of my brothers was occupying the toilet."Excuse me, can't you get out? I'm late!" I banged the toilet door and for some reasons, it came off the hinge. Oh my freaking god.

I burst into laughter as I saw my brother's stricken face. "I am so sorry Hyunsik but its funny!"

He exited the toilet after washing his hands. "Good luck forking out your money for the repair sis." he snickered. I entered the toilet and tried fixing the door but it won't be attached to the hinge back that easliy. I gave up and leaned the door to the door frame. 

In the next 30 mintues, I was already at the dining table, wolfing down the cereals. "What am I suppose to with the toilet door, Jimin?" My mum folded her arms and raised her eyebrows.

"Fix it?"

"Jimin! Its not that cheap to hire a maintenance man, okay?"

"Mum, I am so sorry but 143 is going to be here any minute and you know I am going to be late if I miss it right? We'll talk about this later alright? Love you mum!" I kissed my mum's forhead then made a mad dash to the door.

I kept hitting the lift's button to show my impatience. I made a quick decision of taking the stairs but I stopped abruptly in my tracks as I heard the shrill cry of the cricket. Nope, not going to the dark flight of stairs. The lift eventually came to the 6th storey and it took me down to the first floor. I ran as fast as I could to the bus stop with my heavy backpack behind me back. 

The bus was just about to close its door when I emerged from the block nearest to it. "Andwae!" I shouted, hoping that the bus driver heard me. I thought there was no way I was going to make it when suddenly..."Uncle, pleasae wait for her." A boy waited in front of the bus as to make sure the bus driver wait for me. 

Not going to miss my chance, I spurted my last boost of energy and boarded the bus together with the unknown boy. There was only one thing though that I know about him- he was dashing. I murmured a thank you to him as I passed his seat. He winked to me and said, "How can a bus driver not wait for a beautiful girl like you?"

I ignored him and took a seat at the back of the bus. What the hell did he just say?