Chapter 2

Saranghae, saranghae, saranghae

"I told you I don't know him!" I half shouted. A few students at the canteen turned to look at me. I looked down quickly to avoid their eyes.

Taeyeon laughed out loud. "Oh Jimin, give a break. You told us he was as dashing as Donghae. How can you not know him? C'mon, tell us!" She insisted on me telling her everything about the mysterious boy from that morning incident.

"Beat this, I don't even know his name, okay?" 

Hanbyul rolled her eyes. "Yeah right Jimin," she teased. "You must at least take a look at his name tag, dork."

"Can we just drop this whole story about that boy? I broke the toilet door this morning when Hyunsik was inside there." I sighed when I was reminded of the broken toilet door. Just when I thought of buying a new wallet, I have to contribute money for the fees of hiring a maintenance man. Great.

Taeyeon and Hanbyul, my besties cracked up upon hearing the story of my toilet door. I smiled when they laughed. The three of us are the best of friends. We are so close we are not suppose to be called besties, we are sisters. Without their support, I am not who I am right now. Being the stupidest among them, I ask help from them frequently. This is how I survived school. This is how I survive life.

"I am being serious. Now I have to help pay for the maintenance main." I complained. The usage of singlish is popular among students, mind you. 

The bell rang as I took the last bite of my chicken burger. The three of us cleared our rubbish and quickly proceeded to our next class-English Language. Boy, am I 'happy' to see my English teacher.

In English class....

My hands were sweating. I felt like I was to faint soon. 16 pair of eyes were staring back at me. I froze but my toes kept wriggling in my white school shoes. The silence was so loud. The only sound that can be heard was the buzzing sound produced by the ceiling fan . I stole a glance at the witch. She was glaring at me behind her glasses. Ah geez...the tension was no joke. Jangnan aniya....

"Well? Aren't you going to tell the class how your father met your mother? Didn't I asked you to share the blooming love that happened between your parents? I assume you never ask her, didn't you?" She kept throwing questions at me which were left questionable.

Blooming love between my parents? How should I know that? Did she expect me to ask my mother about her love story with my father? Is she really clueless or is she really heartless?

"They...they...divorced." 

I felt the tears coming when I said that. I bit my tongue hard to hold back the tears like a dam. Don't you dare cry, Jimin. Don't you ever dare. 

She coughed. "You can sit down Hyoyeon but I expect you to at least know about it." 

I made a beeline for my sit at the last low of the class. Hanbyul squeezed my hand as I past her table. I free my hand and sat down, staring hard at the witch. Such a witch. Taeyeon and Hanbyul kept turning back to make sure I'm okay. I mouthed "I'm okay" to them and smiled.

I felt the taste of blood down my throat. Must be my bleeding tongue. I ignored my injured tongue, smoothed my blond hair and faced my friend who was babbling about her parents. I flipped open my doodling notebook to doodle anything that came to my mind. Doodling is one of my favourite things to do if I'm feeling sad or unhappy. I love the way my fingers move according to my state of mind's commands. 

I let my mind dominated my fingers. They moved the pencil across the paper. Shaded some parts. Some small squares lining up. 

I thanked the bell quietly that had rang to tell that the period was over. Thank god! The witch left after scribbling our assignment on the whiteboard. I jotted it down in my agenda, didn't even bother to look at it. 

"So Jimin, what did you doodle just now? May we see it?" Taeyoen asked. They know me too well. I showed them the page that I doodled on before I wanted to keep it in my backpack.

"Oh wow, it's an aeroplane. Never see that coming didn't you?" Hanbyul grinned.

I gave them a slight smile and shook my head.