Chapter 6

Saranghae, saranghae, saranghae

The windy breeze softly hit my face as soon as I stepped out of the school building. I looked up to see the clouds had already darkened, warning us that the rain is going to pour soon. I fished for my umbrella in my backpack while Taeyeon and Hanbyul were already sighing in front of me. "Looks like it is going to rain soon," Hanbyul said.

Suddenly a lightning striked and thunders started to boomed loudly. In no time, it is pouring. 

I quickly opened up my umbrella to find the three of us standing under it. I smirked, "This is what happens when someone does not carry an umbrella around. Someone like you guys." The both of them rolled their eyes, knowing how I always remind them to carry an umbrella in their bags. "By the way, what are going to do for the geography project? Looks like we need to cook something," I let out a sigh. Mrs Hattan assigned us a group project where we had to do a general research about a certain country.On top of that, we need to prepare a local dish of that country. What a bummer, considering I am not exactly you called a chef prodigy but luckily, these two best friends of mine have the same hobby of cooking and baking.

"Leave the cooking part to us Jimin. We know you can't be much of a help in the kitchen," Hanbyul chuckled.

"Shut up," I pouted.

We finally reached Taeyeon's house after a twenty minutes bus journey. "You sure your mum don't mind if we crashed in your house without telling her first beforehand?" Hanbyul asked.

Taeyeon waved her hand, "Of course not! You guys are my usual guests anyway, plus, she must be still at her cooking class so she is not at home." Taeyeon unlocked her door and we walked inside. "Welcome guys-"

The three of us froze when we say who was in front of us. Sitting at the dining table were Taeyeon's mum and mine. And mine was smoking. "Jimin!"

"Mum?! What the hell are you doing here?!"

"I-"

"What the hell, are you smoking?!"

"Jimin listen-"

"I hate you!" I stormed out of the house and ran quickly to wherever my feet took me. What is happening? Why is my mother smoking? Since when did my mum started that horrible thing? Since when she started that same habit as my father's? I couldn't control myself. I ran until the constant shouts of my name faintly disappears.