Chapter 4

Saranghae, saranghae, saranghae

"Have that punk dad of yours transfer the monthly allowance to my bank account?" my mum started the conversation when we were having dinner. Here we go again albeit I told her to contact my dad directly if she has any problems with him.

"No mum. Not yet. Maybe tomorrow okay?" I replied carefully after checking her bank account online. 

Hyunsik who was sitting opposite me gave me the you-could-have-just-say-yes look. Aishh...Im perfectly doom. "Not yet?!" my mum shouted. I began to fiddled with my shirt. I should have just said yes. "What do you mean not yet?! Its already the second week of the month and I had to give you guys allowance using my own money! I need to keep up with the bills and groceries so can you please ask that damn punk to give me the money right away?!"

Hyunsik ushered Minhyuk up to his room while I started picking up the dishes to the kitchen. Failing to control her anger, my mum threw her empty plate to the wall. Hyunsik and I were stunned. Her action rendered us speechless. "Mum...." Hyunsik called her softly.

My mum took her coat and crossbody off the coat hanger and stormed out the door. A tear trickled down my cheeks. Without a word, Hyunsik my back and led me to my room upstairs. "Go get some rest sis." He left me alone in my room. I stand near the window. I looked out the window and stared at the dark sky. The moon was glowing that night. It smiled at me.

I tucked into bed but I was not sleepy yet. While Hyunsik waited for my mum to return downstairs, I was waiting too in under my blankets. 

~~~~

"I am so sorry Jimin. I am such a bad mum, but I love you so much my only daughter...."

The door was closed so softly as to not wake me up. But I was already up, awakened by my mothers's tears and sobs. "I love you too mum." I whispered to myself.

~~~~

Everything was back to normal during breakfast. Hyunsik was disturbing Minhyuk and my mum was reading the morning paper. I quietly finished my breakfast as usual. "Mum, I have remedial class today." I spoke softly.

My mum handed me four dollars from her wallet, "Here, take this extra money for food. Make sure you eat something before entering extra class okay."

"It's okay, I am using my savings for today."

"Just take it."

"I said I am using my own savings today. I know you need money to do grocery shopping today."

My mum sighed, "It's my responsibility you know...."

I washed my cereal bowl and headed out the door. "I know mum, but I don't need that extra money today." I closed the door and ran to the bus stop as fast as I could, hoping to not meet Jonghyun again.