Always Here

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The first ever winners of the “Battle of the Gods” were walking back to their dressing room. With arms linked together, Victoria and Miranda had smiles on their faces. They couldn’t believe their luck, the Daughters of Aphrodite won fair and square! Earlier during the last round, Victoria and Nichkhun were paired together while Miranda was with Taecyeon. Both teams started at the same time. The audience including the rest of the guests were on their feet cheering the couples. They were neck and neck in the competition to win had it not been for the first pair getting that extra card in the box before the timer went off. All four looked like they were running a race after the round. Although Nichkhun and Victoria won, they couldn’t fully celebrate yet since they were obviously not in the same team. When it was time to draw for the winning team, Nichkhun picked the card with Team Aphrodite’s logo.

Congratulations were abound, while the confetti was falling on the set, the two got bouquets of flowers and the gold trophy shaped like an ancient vase. Like promised, the two performed for the audience while the credits were rolling. They did a duet of “All Night”. Miranda and Victoria alternately sang the lines while doing a bit of f(x)’s choreography. At some point they got the audience to participate, they encouraged them to sing parts of the song, much to Miranda’s delight that it even prompted her to tell the audience that they were awesome. While doing the performance Miranda was able to approach the audience and saw that one of them, an elderly lady, was holding a huge card that read – Today is my 75th birthday! – She motioned to Victoria and they went towards her and Miranda presented the woman with her own bouquet and Victoria gave her a kiss and a hug which Miranda replicated and they wished her a happy birthday. The happiness that radiated from the woman made their day. At the end of the song, the two made it back to the stage and bowed to the audience one more time before waving goodbye.

“What did I tell you unnie! It was lots of fun wasn’t it!” Victoria – bouncing up and down - was telling her.

Miranda chuckled at that, they stopped for a second to thank the producer who congratulated them on the hallway. They were able to thank the show producers and the staff and crew of the show earlier. After they said goodbye to the rest of the invited guests they excused themselves and were now walking back towards their dressing room.

“Yes it was! I haven’t laughed like that in a long time. I’m afraid my abs will be sore in the morning!” she told the younger girl. Victoria just nodded to quickly to hide the wave of sadness that would probably show on her face, she still couldn’t forget what she felt earlier towards her unnie. She put on an excited expression and was going to say something back when Miranda stopped her.

“But we are not making this a regular thing.” Miranda warned her. “I only said yes to this because you needed somebody to take the place of one of the girls.” She playfully tweaked Victoria’s nose. Victoria scrunched her nose and pouted.

“But –“

“No buts, I did my part and that’s the end of it!” Miranda said with finality. She let go of Victoria’s arm and started walking faster.

“Now, let’s get to that dressing room of ours. I need to take these darned shoes off before they kill me for lack of circulation.” she groaned quietly. “I hate these things! Goodness! Who ever thought women should wear these must have been a man!” she complained. “Aigoo! I think my feet are starting to bleed.” She brisk walks –as elegantly as possible - toward the room.

Victoria was trailing behind her giggling at the nonstop complaints tossed to no one in particular. She felt a gentle tug on her arm; she turned and smiled at Nichkhun.

“Hi!” she greeted.

“Congratulations!” Nichkhun said with a grin.

Victoria looked behind him looking for somebody and asked, “Where’s Taecyeon? Is he still sulking because we won?!” she giggled.

Nichkhun laughed and said jokingly, “Yes I think so; he will be ing about it in the ride back later.”

Victoria chuckled and went along with him. “Oh he can be a baby sometimes! Seriously!” She looked up at him. Her smile faded, she frowned and said “You look tired. Why don’t you guys go home, get something to eat and rest.” She reached up and wiped the sweat on his temple.

Nichkhun chuckled and said “De, Umma! We will!” he unconsciously reached for her hand and held it.

Victoria blushed and lightly smacked his arm and hissed, “Stop that!” she nervously looked around “People might hear you and misunderstand!” she glared at him. She rolled her eyes when he just continued to laugh at her reaction, he kept a firm but gentle grip on her hand.

“Nichkhun!” she scolded.

“Okay! Okay!” he held his hands up in surrender but the smile stubbornly stayed on his face.

“You guys going straight home?” Victoria asked.

“No, we still have two more schedules and then it’s home time.” He pretended to pout.

Victoria’s eyes widened, “Ottoke!! Why do you guys agree to that?! Isn’t it too much?” she said worriedly.

“You know how it is. We are going to meet the rest of the guys in our next schedule.”

He looked at his watch and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter