Hint

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

You know what they say, when it rains it pours.  The week after the photos leaked was very chaotic. Fans were still very aggressive with the hate campaign and Victoria’s fans, after days of keeping mum at her request, decided they had enough and started to retaliate. Needless to say the social media exploded with both sides making their views known.

Thankfully it did not cause any problems with their work schedules; the only difference now was that anywhere Victoria went; a security detail was assigned to her incognito. Her members made sure she was always surrounded by them, they made light of the situation by joking about it at one time, each of them pretending to her bodyguards complete with sunglasses and walkie talkies. F(x) fans were delighted that their idols still manage stick together and don’t seem to look affected by all the brouhaha that the other camp was stressing about.

Over time the issue lost steam although there are still a few of the fans that cause trouble every now and then. On one of the events Victoria and went to for the promotion of the movie with Miranda and the two girls, a fan had loudly lashed out to Victoria as they were walking out of the venue. Na Eun automatically wrapped her arms around Victoria’s waist, half horrified half pissed while Se Young moved to cover Victoria, she held on to Miranda tighter when the actress turned towards the angry fan and gave the girl a look. The fan visibly stepped back at that and gulped when Miranda walked towards her calmly, she waved away the security personnel and stopped in front of the girl. She smiles but her eyes were cold.

“What’s your name?” her voice was cool and calm. She heard Victoria call out her name weakly but she ignored it. She arched her brows at the girl while she waited for a response.

The fan was taken aback and one of her friends tried to pull her away, but Miranda stopped her.

Everyone was astounded and stayed silent, they weren’t expecting this from Miranda, but they were all curious as what’s going to unfold.

“I’m Miranda. What’s your name?” Miranda repeated her question calmly.

The girl gulped, “Ah, my name is Minji.” She stared up at the tall actress. Her friends were horrified and were trying to pull her away.

Miranda smiled indulgently, “Hi Minji, it’s nice to meet you.” She held her hand and waited for the girl to shake it, she felt the girl shiver.

“I was just wondering why you called Victoria that certain word. We all know it’s a very rude word, something that a respectable young lady shouldn’t utter in public.” The expression on Miranda’s face can make anyone faint, it was inquiring at the same time disapproving.

“It’s because of Nichkhun-oppa.”

“What about him?”

“We don’t want her for him. She doesn’t deserve him.” She lifted her chin up and tried to look at Miranda coolly but failed. She looked back down and avoided her gaze.

Everybody was waiting for Miranda to explode at the fan; it was not a secret who she was to the f(x) leader and the girls. They were all taken aback when Miranda smiled.

“Ah, I see. Then tell me this Minji, if you tell your oppa right now that Victoria is not acceptable, what do you think will he say to you?”

The fan whipped her head up wide-eyed.

“Who do you think is better for him?” Miranda asked.

When the girl just stared at her slack jawed and stayed quiet, Miranda sighed and shook her head.

“Look, I understand that you are passionate at supporting Nichkhun with his career, I am sure he is very thankful for that, that all his efforts are being appreciated, that he is able to inspire you and make you happy. He is giving it all for all your sake.” Her eyes softened at the girl, “But after all that, after all his efforts in making you all proud of him, couldn’t you at least respect his choice? Does his opinion never matter anymore?”

The fan and her friends stayed silent.

Miranda felt a hand on her shoulders and turned to see Victoria by her side.

“That’s enough unnie.” She pleaded.

Miranda nods and turns to the girl with a smile “This is Minji, she is Nichkhun’s fan, she is one of the people that supports and love him very much, isn’t that right, dear?” she asked the girl.

“Hi Minji, I’m Victoria. Thank you for supporting Nichkhun.” Victoria smiled warmly at the girl who was now staring at the pair in front of her, the girl nods.

Miranda looks at the fan and said her piece, “I may have not changed your mind, but I just want you to know that we are all just regular people too, we also get offended and hurt when people who don’t know us disregard our feelings. We make an effort everyday to do our job exceptionally, so we can inspire people like you. I am sorry, Minji, it’s not illegal to voice out your opinions but neither is mine.”

Miranda patted the young girl’s shoulders and then bowed at the gaping crowd and took Victoria with her when she walked back towards their group and into the car.

 

The car was silent for a moment, until,

“Wow!” Na Eun exclaimed.

“You got that right, wow!” Se Young giggles.

“Unnie, you shouldn’t have done that, it will just make things worse!” Victoria was massaging her temples.

“Then it’s my problem isn’t it.” Miranda delicately shrugged her shoulders, “Now they will focus on me. I normally just ignore them, it never bothers me anyway.”

Victoria rolls her eyes when the two girls burst in a fit of giggles, “Seriously unnie, you and your snow queen tendencies.”

“What did I do wrong? They are being insolent, they were just school girls for goodness sakes, I understand passion but they are crossing the line, they are just being tolerated but somebody has to let them know that this is not okay. Signing a contract does not make any of us less of a person, they are able to voice out their discontent well, and so can I.” Miranda dismissed her with a wave of a hand.

Se Young nods, “She is right Vic-unnie, sometimes these fans really do take it to the extremes, they forget that we have lives outside of our profession. I was glad that unnie told off that kid, they are really getting audacious and at such a young age too. We have cowered in fear of them for so long; it’s refreshing to actually see them awestruck for once.” She chuckles.

“Now I know who to call when I am being bullied!” Na Eun smiles and pressed closer to Miranda, “Isn’t that right, unnie?”

Miranda laughs, “Of course, my darling.” She squeezed the girl back.

Victoria laughs, “I guess you’re right, but unnie, this incident might cause for his fans to lash out on you. I bet it’s trending right now!”

Na Eun whipped out her phone and furiously started swiping, “Deabak! You are right Vic-unnie! Oh my! They have video clips too!”

She started reading out loud the posts on social media, Se Young and Victoria were also busy looking at their phones while Miranda just shrugged, she is used to it by now, when they were still doing WGM, Siwon’s fans were making her their target, it doesn’t faze her anymore. For her it was all talk, Carol laughs and says that it was free publicity.

All in a day’s work!

 

 

Nichkhun laughs, “I guess noona made them listen to her, I still can’t believe she did that, I am so sorry I missed it, I would pay to have seen that!”

Victoria glared at him, “Stop that! Unnie got mad, she doesn’t like it when people act so crass, it probably irked her more when she saw that it was a student in a school uniform being so un-lady like.” She suddenly giggled, “She was probably appalled at the lack of etiquette, more than the hurtful words.”

Nichkhun sobered, he pulled her close, “I’m so sorry about everything babe.”

Victoria leans to him, she sighs, “We know what were going to be up against, even unnie was aware of that, it’s alright. Nothing bad happened to us, I’ve learned to filter and ignore their comments, it’s not important so I don’t stress about it.” She smiled mischievously, “It’s just my bad luck that my boyfriend is more popular than me and that his fans are mostly vicious jealous girls who wants him all for themselves.”

Nichkhun laughs, “What are you talking about! Who said that I was more popular, your fans just listen to you, they heed your words.” He pressed a kiss on her cheek and she giggles. “My girlfriend is the kindest and sweetest person in the world, and I guess to be her fan you have to share the same characteristics or else you don’t qualify!”

“That’s right!” she said to him smugly, “I have the sweetest and the kindest fans, that is why I never have to worry about them being rude to you or to anyone. They even love you. I should be jealous but since I am nice, I am tolerating it!”

She shrieked when he started to tickle her sides. He laughs and then let’s up, he gazed at her lovingly. “All in all that means I am the lucky one.” She rolls her eyes that caused him to chuckle.

“I have your fans.” He kissed her nose, “I have my fans.” Her cheeks, “and most importantly, I have you.” He kissed her lips. “Yep, I am the lucky one.”

Victoria giggles, “Then I am the unlucky one?!”

Nichkhun grins, “Are you? Are you feeling that you got the short end of the stick?” he starts to kiss her neck.

Victoria tried to move away from him but that attempt failed, “yes, hmm maybe I should rethink all this; I may be selling myself short.” She hummed and then giggles when he glares at her playfully.

“Too late, babe. I already have my claws on you.” He growled in her ear, when she hissed out a breath he smirked, “You belong to me now.” he moved to kiss her.

Victoria smiles against his lips, “Then I will try my luck on my next life.”

He pulled back and smirks, “Nice try, but I already called dibs on that one too.” He silenced her when she laughed out loud with his kiss.

 

 

 

“I am sure it’s going to be alright, I haven’t been disappointed yet.” Miranda laughs as she closed the file in front of her, she was in a meeting with Daniel, and they were planning the next project for the year. After the success of the movie she did with Victoria and the girls, it was time for another one; they are hoping to start filming by the last quarter of the year targeting to release the movie by Christmas.

She bid goodbye to Daniel and was enroute to another location for filming. Miranda had been busy following the week she was cleared by her doctors to go back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter