Ideal

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“We are with fellow Canadian, Miranda Lee.” Sangita Patel smiled at the camera before turning to the woman sitting opposite her, “Welcome to ET Canada!” she giggles.

Miranda lets out a laugh as she greets. “Hello ET Canada! Thank you for having me. It’s nice to see you again, Sangita.”

“We haven’t seen you in the longest time! When was the last time? Four, six months ago?” the host inquires.

“I think it was six months ago, hmm let’s see, in Toronto, I think.” Miranda offers.

“Yes that’s right!” Sangita nods, she smiles widely, “How have you been? Oh but first, let me just congratulate you in behalf of ET Canada, the movie was just amazing! I thoroughly enjoyed it!”

“I’m glad you liked it! We all had fun while making it. I actually felt at home working in a lab, it brought back happy memories.” Miranda chuckles.

Sangita smiles, “So are you may be thinking of going back to that profession?” she jokes.

Miranda was wide eyed, “Gosh no! I’m already obsolete!” both women laughed out loud, Miranda shakes her head, “I may have to go back to school! A lot of things have changed over the years in medical research, I’m afraid I will have a lot of catching up to do.”

Sangita laughs, “But don’t you miss it? In the movie, you played a medical forensic expert. Let me ask, were you at all grossed out at some point? Was that your previous job?”

“No, I was a laboratory technologist for cancer research, and no, I wasn’t grossed out at all. I had to reacquaint myself but I wasn’t grossed out. My mom was a high school biology teacher and she had me dissect my first frog at age seven.” Miranda laughs at the hosts shocked expression.

She adds, “And just so you know, I didn’t handle real human parts in this movie, although you couldn’t tell, we had great set production team.” She leans as she pretends to whisper, “They felt real though.” She laughs at Sangita’s horrified expression before the host caught herself and laughed along with her.

“Didn’t you have a hard time while filming? You were filming this movie and you were also doing projects in Korea and in the Philippines, you must have been busy these past few months. And you also got married!” the host’s tone was teasing.

Miranda smiles, “I’d already become an expert at time management, it was a bit hectic but nothing that I couldn’t manage.” She finishes, she stops and smiles at Sangita waiting for her next question.

The host laughs, “Oh no! You’re not! You are not dodging this!” she turns to the camera as Miranda giggles in the background, “This is how she is, ladies and gentlemen, she had mastered avoiding inquiries.”

Miranda interrupts her, “Hey, I already answered your question. You stated something that I did not deny-“

“Oh alright! Sheesh, you really know how to play hardball!” Sangita shakes her head but chuckles. She gave Miranda a serious look to which the actress held back a laugh.

“How is married life treating you?” she asks.

“It’s a show, you know that right?” Miranda leans back in her chair.

“Yeah, but it sure feels real to the audience! And let me remind you that photos emerged with you and your husband-“ she made a gesture of quotation marks in the air as she said the last word, “were spotted together without the cameras pointed at you guys. How are you going to explain that? Did we finally witness the great Miranda Lee in love?!”

The actress laughed, Miranda shook her head and made gestures with her hand as she laughs, “Ah let us not say those things in primetime TV. No!” she giggles.

“Aw come on Miranda, this was the first time we saw you out with someone else aside from your girlfriends. In fact we don’t know of anyone you’ve ever dated! You have no idea how all the men in the world breathed a sigh of relief but they were also probably extremely jealous of that handsome “husband” of yours.” Sangita pressed.

“He and I are great friends; we are under the same managing company aside from working together in a show. We’ve actually gone out several times for coffee and dinner before, so that incident was not actually unique, although that was the first time someone took a photo of us.” Miranda explains. She smiles widely when the host arched her brows, suspicious.

“Okay, so you two are friends and everything, we’ll take that. But I remember when I interviewed you before how you had reservations with regards to being or getting married, how is it now? Now that you’ve experienced it, even if it’s make-bel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter