Catching up

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Nichkhun was sprawled on the floor of one of the JYP practice rooms. Moving his head up and down in tune with the music from his MP3. They just finished a round of choreography practice for 2PM's comeback. He was trying to come up with another dance routine for his solo stage on the coming JYP Nation concert tour. He was trying to come up with the dance moves that will go with the feel of the music when 2PM’s manager walked in.

“Khun, do you have a minute?”

Nichkhun nodded and stood up. He followed his manager to another room. Minjae gestured toward the chair opposite his. “I just got a call from one of MBC’s PD, they want to know if you’ll be interested in appearing on their brand new show. JYP already looked into it and said as long as you guys are willing to do it…” Nichkhun sat and looked up, considered the statement and said, “What show? Do I go alone?”

“No, you will be with another member. Considering your schedules, it might be Taecyeon. It’s a brand new show. They are putting together a number of teams of two for the launch. It’s part quiz and part challenge kind of format. They are calling it “Battle of the Gods”. It’s going to be broadcasted live. The names of the guests appearing are not yet finalized, they still have a couple of months to prepare. The pilot is scheduled towards the end of July.”

Nichkhun thought about it for a full minute before he agreed. “Tell them I will do it.” He figured they will need the exposure to promote the new album and the concert tour and it being a pilot episode makes it exciting. “Did Teac say yes?”

“I haven’t talked to him yet. I wanted to ask you first before I go ask him. Where is he by the way?”

“He stepped out for a bit, he should be back by now.”

“Ok, I’ll go find him.”

Nichkhun followed his manager out of the room and walked back to the practice room he was in a few minutes ago. He saw Wooyoung and Chansung goofing around on the floor, Junho was busy with his laptop. He sat beside  Junho and tried to look at the screen over the other boy's shoulder. “What’s up?”

Junho shrugged, “Nothing much, just doing some surfing. What did Minjae Hyung want?” not looking at Nichkhun, he clicked on a link and started to read the article.

“He just wanted to know if I was up to going on a brand new show for MBC.”

“Ah.,” Junho replied absently, suddenly a sound of a gun being cocked followed by a ringing telephone filled the room. Nichkhun moved to look over and saw a black and white clip of faces on the screen. His heart did a somersault when he spied one, in particular, showing a profile of a very familiar face. He froze. It was gone in a flash but he suddenly felt he couldn’t breathe.

Wooyoung and Chansung stopped their impromptu wrestling and looked up from the floor towards the sound.

Junho exclaimed “Wow! What was that!” the look of shock on his face, priceless… "what is this?”

Chansung got up and said, “Was that the new teaser from f(x)?” Junho nodded. Chansung sat next to him “there’s more actually, SM has been releasing pictures of the girls, I saw the one featuring  Krystal, boy it’s totally different and I will just go and say it, she was freaking hot! And then Sulli’s….” he stopped and closed his mouth shut when he noticed Nichkhun glaring at him.

Wooyoung chuckled after he spied the look on Nichkhun’s face. “Relax Hyung, we can’t help it. It’s out there for everyone to see. You just have to accept that your “daughters” are gorgeous.” He suddenly turned serious when the latter turned his deathly glare towards him.

“Shut up!” Nichkhun barked, “I’m not expecting it from you guys too!” Call him crazy, but he gets a little bit protective when it comes to those girls. Sure, they haven’t seen them in a long time, but the fact that he once upon a time doted on them makes him feel like he needs to shield them from leering comments, and to hear it from his own members makes him cringe.

It has been years since their stint in WGM ended. After that, they basicall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter