Insist

Find Your Happy Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Miranda walked through her front door and was almost halfway up the stairs when she saw someone standing outside the family room window. She stopped and started to go back down. She just got home from her third WGM filming. She ran to the glass doors and hurriedly pulled it open when she recognized who the person was; she called out from the opening,

“Dearest?”

A blast of chilling air greeted her face it took her breath away.

Victoria was standing outside by the railing looking out into the night. Miranda called again, louder this time.

“Victoria, sweetheart!”

This time the younger girl must have heard her because she turned around.

“Dearest come inside, it’s too cold out here.” she extended her arm and waited for Victoria to move, but the girl stayed rooted where she was just staring at her. She urged her again,

“Come on, dearest.” She stepped out and only then did Victoria start towards her. Her worried face transformed into a frown as the younger girl walked towards the house. Victoria was only wearing a thin cardigan, the temperature outside was bone chilling. Something is wrong.

 

When Victoria was only a few steps away she ran to Miranda’s arms. She walked out into the garden to get some air; the house was suffocating her earlier. She does not know how long she stood there trying her best to clear her mind. She thought she only imagined hearing Miranda’s voice; her friend was out filming today so she was not really expecting to see her right now. When she turned and saw Miranda through the doors opening looking like an apparition extending her arm to her, she saw her lips move but she didn’t hear anything. Only when her sister stepped out and opened her arms did Victoria move from her spot. She ran towards Miranda like the older girl was her source for much needed oxygen.

 

Miranda dragged the girl inside and kicked the door closed. She shivered from the coldness of Victoria’s skin as the girl pressed closer to her. She grabbed an afghan from the back of one the chairs and draped it around her. She dragged her to the sectional and sat Victoria next to her; she turned and started rubbing the girl’s arms while she talks in soothing tones to her.

“There, there my darling.” She softly coos. “I’m right here, dearest. I’m right here.” Victoria melted into her chest and started sobbing. She wrapped her arms around her tightly and started rocking her slowly. Her eyes watered and she swallowed the whimper that was attempting to escape. She could hear the girl’s heart breaking into pieces and she can’t even stop it from happening. Her lips trembled as she tries to compose herself but it was no use. Her face crumpled and tears started to fall. She lets out a sob.

“Oh my poor baby.” she presses her cheek to the cold one as she attempts to warm her up.

“Unnie, it hurts.” Victoria whimpers

“I know my darling, I know.” Miranda cries with her, “I’m so sorry, let it go, don’t hold on to it.” she whispers into her ear.

Victoria let out a painful cry and held on to Miranda for her dear life. Her chest was being whacked with violent sobs. She tried to breathe but couldn’t so she screamed. She screamed until she couldn’t scream anymore.

 

Miranda cried as Victoria continued to scream in her arms, she could feel the pain the girl was feeling. She was cursing the universe for allowing this to happen to her. She held her until her sobs subsided in to whimpers. In a while Victoria sniffles once in a while but still stayed in her embrace, but then she started to hiccup rather violently. Victoria pushed away from her, she was panicking,

“Unnie! Help me! It really hurts!” she cries out, “Unnie!”

Miranda started rubbing her back in an attempt to get her to relax.

“Relax, dearest. Breath slowly.” She says to her calmly but Victoria was not listening to her, she was now clutching her chest.

“Unnie!” she screamed, clawing at her chest.

Miranda cupped her face and forced her to look at her.

“Victoria!” she says loudly to get the girl’s attention. Victoria jerked to look at her. Miranda almost bursts into tears again when she saw how helpless her baby sister was.

“Dearest, listen to my voice. Look at me.” She says soothingly, she was able to hold the younger girls gaze, “Breathe with me, listen to my voice, concentrate. Hold on to my voice.” She guides Victoria to slow her breathing, after a minute Victoria calmed down and was able to breathe normally. She sags back into Miranda’s chest and Miranda was able to let out a sigh of relief. She ran her fingers through Victoria’s hair to help the girl relax.

 

They stayed in that position for a long while. Afraid that Victoria might fall asleep, Miranda decided to move her to her room.

“Come on dearest, let me draw you a bath. It will make you feel better.”

She takes Victoria’s arm and guides her up the stairs. She leads the way to her room straight to the bathroom. She fills the tub with steaming water and pours in lavender oil. She helps Victoria out of her clothes and unto the tub. She hears the girl let out a satisfied sigh. She pulls her hair up in a bun on top of her head before she grabs a small towel and starts to wash her back. She smiled when she hears Victoria sigh again. She chuckles,

“Felling better?” she asks.

“ Yes.” Victoria takes hold

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter