Gone

Will You Take Me As I Am?

YOUR POV:

I gave her a glare. I couldn't believe how she nor Daehyun decided to tell me about their arranged relationship. If they didn't like each other, they would've straight up told me. But I guess they had some feelings for each other develop with time and realized that they liked each other and decided that it would be best to keep it from me. That's a nice plan, guys. I really feel loved. 

I sat down in the chair next to her and started doodling in my notebook. I couldn't concentrate on the lesson. 

"Hey Minyoung ah", Hwayoung whispered to me.

I ignored her. Just like I did to Daehyun.

"Minyoung ah", she tried to grab my attention again.

But I wasn't going to give in. 

"I'm really sorry about everything", she gave up on getting my attention and just got to the point. 

"Ji Hwayoung, if you have something to say to Minyoung, why don't you also tell the rest of the class? Would you like to share?", the teacher cornered Hwayoung. 

"No...", she answered quietly.

"Then your conversation can wait for later", he went back to teaching.

I could feel her gaze still on me so I kept drawing spirals in my notebooks. 

When the bell rung, I stood up as quickly as I could and rushed out of the classroom. 

But I guess I was too slow.

"Minyoung ah", Hwayoung grabbed my arm as I tried to exit the classroom.

I shook off her hand and kept walking. Ignore, ignore, ignore.

She kept following me wherever I went. I finally couldn't take it anymore.

"What do you want?", I asked coldly with a dead look in my eyes.

"I'm really sorry. I can promise you though, it's not how you think it is. I can explain; Daehyun did nothing wrong so don't take out your anger on him. Be angry at me", she begged.

"I don't want to be bothered by you or Daehyun. I'm sick and tired of hearing that you guys can 'explain', cause to be honest, I don't want that stupid, fake explanation of yours, okay? Now, would you please stop following me around?", I glared at her once more and walked away. 

I felt proud of myself. Why?

Because I was the one who got the last say in the arguement. 

I was the one who cut it off.

I was the one leaving her speechless.

That's right, . This is what you get for messing with me. I'm not the same anymore. 

I've changed.

 

 

When I got home, I threw my backpack onto the floor and started to look for anything that was related to Daehyun. Pictures, the peach colored flats, couple headbands from the amusement park, letters that he would occasionally write to me, etc. But when I came across the necklace that he gave me, I didn't know what to do. Part of me wanted to throw it out as quickly as possible, but the other part of me told me to keep it for memories sake. I let out a sigh and wrapped my fingers around the thin chain. Tears were already blocking my vision and I started to sniffle. Yah, Jung Daehyun how could you do this to me? I covered my face and started to cry.

There was this voice in my head that kept trying to convince me that maybe I didn't know the whole story.

But the other voice kept reminding me of what happened between Jaebum and I. When I caught Jaebum with Hyeri, I believed his lies and stayed with him. I can't believe I'm stuck in the same situation.

 

I decided to go to the park that Daehyun and I went to quite frequently. It was spacious with luscious green fields. On one side was a playground for younger kids and the other, a beautiful clear pond. The park was surprisingly empty considering that it was only 5 pm. I stared from one end of the pond to the other. I could see a forest of trees; I wonder where that forest leads to. I still had Daehyun's necklace in clenched in my fist. I lifted it up and stared at it for a few moments, remembering the beautiful memories I had with him. 

And before I knew it, I was screaming. 

"JUNG DAEHYUN!!!", I screamed. 

I could hear my echo. "Jung Daehyun!!!"

"YEAH THAT'S RIGHT. YOU. JUNG DAEHYUN! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? I THOUGHT I COULD TRUST YOU. I THOUGHT YOU ACTUALLY LOVED ME DESPITE MY MANY FLAWS. I... I thought you cared... YOU JERK. YOU LIAR. YOU PLAYER. DON'T ACT LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW EVERYONE LOVES YOU. EVEN IF YOU LOSE ME, IT WON'T MATTER CAUSE YOU HAVE SO MANY PEOPLE AROUND YOU WHO LOVE YOU. BUT WHAT ABOUT ME? WHAT ABOUT ME??? YOU LEFT AND NOW I'M ALL ALONE.", I screamed at the top of my lungs.

 

DAEHYUN'S POV:

I arrived at the park and looked up to the sky. "How can you be shining so brightly and happily when I'm in such a bad mood?", I questioned the sun. I sat down at the swings of the playground when I heard someone scream my name. I stood up and looked around. There was... no one. 

But then I heard the person scream my name again. I turned to where the voice came from and saw a small figure standing close by the pond on the other side of the park. I realized it was Minyoung. I walked a little closer to hear what she was screaming. 

I listened to her rant and felt this pang of guilt hit me in the chest. I'm so sorry, Minyoung- ah. I really am. 

But I had no other choice.

And then, I saw her throw something into the water.

The necklace.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I had so much difficulty writing this chapter, I can't even. LOL I'm having really bad writer's block and tbh, this plot is not going well. I have no clue as to how I'm going to continue this story XD Omg, I'm so bad at being creative //cries// I tried to make it sad, but when I reread it, I didn't feel sad at all -____- Haha IM SO COOL. I DON'T FEEL ANY EMOTIONS WITH MY OWN WRITING //loser