Friends... For Now

Will You Take Me As I Am?

YOUR POV:

Before we started on our lesson for English class, the teacher brought up two students, a boy and a girl, to the front of the class. 

"Class, this is Ji Hwayoung and Mark Tuan. They're twins and who came from the US, hence they're joining our Advanced English class", he smiled starting a round of applause for our new students. 

 

"We hope you guys take good care of us", they both announced in front of the class.

"Hmm.. Okay, let's see. Where should you guys sit?", the teacher mumbled to himself. "Okay, how about this? Daehyun, could you please move to the empty row in the back and sit there with Mark? And Hwayoung, you can take Daehyun's empt spot next to Minyoung." 

I looked at Daehyun and gave him a sad pout. We're being separated now TT^TT 

"It's okay, babe. I'll watch you from the back... like a creeper", he gave me a silly creepy face. 

"Yah! Shut up", I started laughing, playfully hitting him as he stood up to walk to the back row.

Hwayoung came and sat down in the chair next to me. 

"Um hey~ I'm Lee Minyoung", I introduced myself.

"Hi, I'm Ji Hwayoung", she smiled back.

"You're from the States? That's so cool! I've always wanted to visit there", I said.

"Haha, I've always wanted to come to Korea and my mom finally let me and Mark oppa to come live here. You see, our Mom's Chinese but our Dad's Korean. That's why Mark and I's Korean isn't that good...", she explained.

"Ohh it's okay! I can help you if you don't know any words! I speak pretty good English so that shouldn't be a problem", I reassured her. 

"Thanks!", she beamed.

"Umm... This might sound rude but... You and Mark are twins, right? Then, how come you guys have different last names?", I cautiously asked. "You don't have to answer if it's too personal; I was just curious".

"Nono, it's okay! Alot of people ask us this, haha don't worry. Our dad isn't really the greatest one out there. He doesn't come home for multiple nights in a row and well, growing up, Mark never liked him. My dad and Mark are very distant and so Mark doesn't like to use our dad's last name, instead, he chose to use our mom's last name", she explained.

"Ahh... I see. Sorry for asking", I said. Aish, why do I always let my curiousity get a hold of me?

"It's fine!", she smiled back, "It's no big deal, really."

// LUNCH THE NEXT DAY//

I saw Hwayoung at the cafeteria and told her to join me and Suji. I introduced them to each other and surprisingly, we became really close to Hwayoung within one lunch time together. She was really easy to talk to and she was so, so cute! 

♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛

 

Over the next few weeks, Hwayoung, Suji, and I were all, you could say, bestfriends. It was as if we knew Hwayoung for years now though we only met her a month ago. And during the process of getting to know Hwayoung, we were also able to become close with Mark, especially me. Mark wasn't shy nor was he very talkative; he was just in between. He was friendly and didn't mind being friends with a girl, though alot of people at our school found it weird how that could be possible without falling for each other. It was different because I got to see things from a different point of view by telling things to Mark. I've always told either Suji or Hwayoung my thoughts or problems and they would agree with me, as we were all girls. But when I told Mark, he was able to share how a guy would think in that situation and it really opened up my eyes to how different guys and girls were.

Daehyun and I stopped spending so much time together and it's not that we're drifting. We're just trying to have more time to be with friends and not so much centered on just us. We thought about it and realized that we were spending way too much time together. It's not that we were sick of each other either; of course I wanted to spend all my time with him, but at the same time, it didn't feel right that I was leaving Suji alone for Daehyun during lunch and whatnot. Instead of spending every single day afterschool with Daehyun, I would occasionally go shopping, eat some icecream, or go watch some movies with Suji and Hwayoung. I would eat lunch with Daehyun on Tuesdays & Thursdays and spend Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays with the girls. We needed a little more breathing space; keep in mind that if we spent ALL our time together, we'd be suffocating each other. We didn't want to be those couples who go ALL OUT; we just wanted it to be chill. 

I really thought things were going well when I thought that ^ to myself. 

But when Daehyun told me about "it"

I started to lose hope in us.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Yoyo~ I wasn't sure how to put everything into one chapter considering the fact that I needed time for Hwayoung and Mark to somewhat mix into the story..? So yeah cliffhanger-ish not really l0l. LOL tbh Mark is currently my ultimate bias & i didnt make him the main of this story cus i was like I CANT GIVE HIM AWAY TO SOMEONE ELSE so i had to make him the second lead LOL cus hes mine. back off. yeah. and the first fanfic i ever wrote was when i was crzy obsessed with dae so i was like YAYYY it'll bring back memories haha my fanfic idea back then was like O___O wow my story sounded to stupid now that i think back on it XD but yeah.

i got a 100% on my ap world quiz *throws confetti* YASSSSS haha and so far i have an A...... but its only been like 4 days of school so OFCOURSEYOUHAVEAN A. lol yeah. 

my name's callista btw :3 NICE TO MEET YOUUUUUU if ur new lololol. 

k bye.