Chapter 8

We Got Married?

“I suggest you shut the door and see what happens.” Jiyong started towards the bed and Seunghyun was about to shut the door when he felt something in the way. He looked down and saw a booted foot sticking out.

“Nothing’s going to happen.” Youngbae laid out the rules.

“But you said you were fine with it.” Jiyong said as he began making his way back to the door.

“I am fine with it but the thought of you two having while I’m watching TV and eating isn’t exactly pleasant. Next time, get a hotel room or something. I’m going to leave the door open.” Youngbae bit on his apple as he went back to the living room.

An awkward atmosphere was lingering around them. They had just rushed into everything. It was time for a reality check.

“Jiyong, are you thinking about going public?” Seunghyun plumped down on the bed.

“Actually, I think it’s best to leave it. I don’t think the media will like it.” Jiyong lay on his back, arms over his head.

“Yeah, I was thinking the same. Should we label it?”

“Label what?” Jiyong slid up and rested on his forearms.

“Us.” Seunghyun replied.

“Let’s call it ‘experiment X’.”

“You’re very original.” Seunghyun chuckled. He wasn’t sure what this was. Was he supposed to act in love? Was he supposed to act as if they were still friends? He was good at acting. It earned him a lot of money. Speaking of acting…

“Jiyong, what time is it?” He jumped so suddenly that Jiyong bounced up a little.

“A little after 8. Why are you so abrupt?” He answered, (and asked) as he looked at his Rolex.

“I have a press conference to go to. ! I haven’t done anything.” Seunghyun rushed to the closet where he pulled out a black suit. He hurried and found some accessories to go with it and carried himself to the bathroom to change. He was still not comfortable enough in front of Jiyong. Their ‘encounter’ a few hours before had been so quick that he hadn’t had time to think.

On the other side of the door, Jiyong sighed. He didn’t know whether it was out of disappointment or relief or elation but he just sighed. After swinging his head back for a few seconds, he decided to go to the living room. He missed his best friend and wanted to chat for a while. Their busy schedules and his situation with Seunghyun had meant that they hardly saw each other. He wanted to be just the two of them. Jiyong saw Youngbae lying on the couch, hugging a cushion and texting someone. He snickered once or twice but other than that, his face was neutral.

“A new girlfriend?” Jiyong questioned while sitting himself on the armchair. Youngbae jumped a bit out of surprise but did a 90 degree turn in order to sit up.

“Nah just a friend”, He replied, “How’s married life?”

“It’s rather odd.” Now that he came to think of it, it was odd and peculiar.

“What do you mean?” Youngbae shut the TV off. They heard a hurried clicking sound from the door and assumed it was Seunghyun leaving.

“I don’t think we feel like we’re married. It’s more of a friendship that steps over the line a little.” Jiyong elaborated. It was in fact a friendship that had surpassed a boundary. It was neither bad nor good. There had been no proper talk about it to establish what ‘it’ meant. They looked calm and collected on the outside but were a hot mess on the inside.

“Will you tell the others?” Youngbae stepped into his serious vibe once again.

“I have a feeling that Seunghyun might tell Daesung and Seungri will find out one way or another. I want this to stay between Big Bang though. No leaking. Promise not to say anything.” Jiyong raised his eyebrows as he waited for Youngbae to confirm.

“Of course. I’d do anything to support this Ji. It’s a miracle that God hasn’t killed you yet.” Youngbae nodded in response and swerved the conversation.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Jiyong punched the other man’s arm lightly, causing him to shift a little.

“I’m kidding”, Youngbae turned the TV on again, “What do you feel like watching?”

And so they joked around, talked, ate and gazed at the television once in a while. They valued each other’s friendships and because of their busy lives after their comeback, they couldn’t hang out with other friends properly. They were most grateful to be in each other’s lives.

---

“Ah, these crazy fans are killing me.” Seunghyun muttered under his breath as he sat in the black SUV. He just wanted to get back home. He missed the company of his bed and pyjamas. He rolled down the window and waved to the fans. As soon as he was a safe distance away, he closed his eyes and drifted into a sleep that took a while to come and was interrupted by speed bumps.

When he woke up, he was at the dorm. It took a while to get there from the car park. In that time, he thought about Jiyong. No, not those kinds of thoughts for he was nowhere near ready to think of them. He pondered over how he was going to make this work. He didn’t find Jiyong attractive anymore than he had before. Nor was he anymore special. But, after their accidental marriage, he had had more time to think about the leader. Yes, it was true that the man did a lot of thinking. He didn’t think of Jiyong as a woman but he liked having him as a little bit more than a friend. He liked the intimacy. It was also one of those secrets that nobody could know and only a few people were told about it. It gave him an ecstatic feeling.

Meanwhile, behind the walls, four men had gathered around a rather large dining table. They were playing a card game, drinking and just talking about random .

“Hyung”, Daesung directed the question at Jiyong, “You know those girls that you hooked up with in Vegas?”

“What girls?” Jiyong asked back, slightly slurring the words.

“Those that gave you the hickeys”, Daesung elaborated, “Which, for some reason are not gone.”

He leaned over the table, observing Jiyong’s chest and neck carefully. It was true that he had a new love bite on his neck from that morning. But being drunk didn’t help him comprehend the fact that his marriage was a secret. Youngbae wasn’t helping him out either. He had an amused look on his face.

“What the hell? Hyung, have you been sleeping with other girls behind our backs? When?” Seungri also zoomed in.

“What are you talking about? What girls?” A baffled Jiyong attempted at pushing the other two away but failed. Underneath the layer of talking and interrogation, the door made a clicking noise and Seunghyun came in.

He threw his bag and coat on the bed, shaking his shoulders slightly. He was interested about what the others were talking about but so many voices were speaking at once. He couldn’t understand a word. He decided to go to the living room and see what was going on. He could hear Jiyong’s slurred speech. And the only sentence he understood was something along the lines of, “Seunghyun and I are married.”

---

“Seunghyun and I are married.” Jiyong shouted with no particular emotion other than irritation.

“Come again?” Seungri questioned with a puzzled tone.

“Seunghyun. Choi Seunghyun and I are married.” He was about to pour another shot of soju but a hand snatched the bottle from him.

“I think you’ve had a bit too much to drink.” Seunghyun whispered in his ear. He put on the serious and calm mask in order to not raise questions however, it was useless.

“Seunghyun, what’s Ji talking about?” Daesung breathed.

“Youngbae, would you care to explain while I put him to bed?” Seunghyun grabbed the leader’s shirt and dragged him by the collar.

As soon as they were gone, Youngbae explained it all, just as the couple had done hours ago. He told them about Vegas, the club, the hotel, the license, the late-night kiss and of course, the nearly-more-than-kissing. All Daesung and Seungri could do during that time was drink more and more. It was hard to understand the situation.

“Any questions?” Youngbae concluded.

“I have one.” Seungri raised one hand. His voice was slightly shaky.

“Shoot.”

“Do they realise that they’re not married in South Korea?”

“That is a very good question. I believe they don’t but I want to see how this turns out.” Youngbae admitted. The other two were still confused.

“I want to lay some ground rules.” Daesung said as he walked away from the table.

---

“Seunghyn…” Jiyong sighed while the other man pushed him on the bed, undressing him in order to put him to bed. The situation was comical. It wasn’t anything romantic.

“Jiyong?” Seunghyun asked sarcastically while pulling the drunken man’s pants down.

“Seunghyun…” Jiyong sighed again and Seunghyun chose to ignore him.

“Seunghyun”, he put a finger over his lips, “Don’t tell the others we’re married.”

“Sure, I won’t.” Seunghyun mumbled.

“Did someone steal my pants?!” Jiyong jumped up from the bed and started running around the room.

“Seunghyun, somebody stole my pants”, Jiyong cried out, holding on to Seunghyun’s shirt. All the other man could do was stand there, “Wait… It was you who stole my pants. Where are my pants? My pants are missing. Why do you want my pants off so badly?”

“Come on, now. You’ve had a little too much to drink and need to go to bed.” Seunghyun pushed the other man back on the bed again.

“Okay”, Jiyong responded with a sloppy smile, “Can I buy you all the stars in the world?”

“Why would you want to?” Seunghyun swung Jiyong’s legs on the bed and pulled the covers over him.

“Because then you would be shining.” Jiyong explained without making any sense.

“Sure, you can buy me all the stars in the world. Just don’t go over your credit card limit; I want other presents, too.” Seunghyun squatted down so that he was looking directly into Jiyong’s eyes.

“I can give you something that money can’t buy… actually, money can buy that. Oh well, I’ll give it to you anyway.” Then, he kissed Seunghyun. He wasn’t very passionate nor had he thought about it. It was a drunken kiss but it was still something. Seunghyun relaxed and let the other take control even though he was in no shape to do so.

“Seunghyun…” Jiyong sighed.

“Yes?” He whispered.

“I don’t think I have enough money to buy you all the stars.” Jiyong sobbed.

“That doesn’t matter.”

“Yes, it damn well does. I want you to have every single star in the universe.”

“Well then, you have to work hard on our albums in order to earn money.” Seunghyun teased the man.

“Can’t you lend me money so that I could buy stars for you?” Jiyong grabbed on to Seunghyun’s face.

“But then I wouldn’t have money to buy you presents.” Seunghyun Jiyong’s hair. At that moment, the door opened and the other three members invaded the room.

“Youngbae! Can I borrow some money to buy Choi Seunghyun all the stars in the world?” Jiyong sat up and shouted.

“What are you talking about?” Youngbae asked and Jiyong opened his mouth to speak.

“We don’t want to know. We’re here to lay some ground rules.” Daesung said with a little bit of a drunken tone. Honestly, they were all drunk. Apart from Seunghyun, of course.

“O-okay.” Jiyong stammered.

“Numero uno: no while we’re in the house.” Seungri started.

“Two: No talk of anything even slightly disturbing; three: No telling the public; four… I forgot four. What was number four?” Daesung listed but realised that he had no idea what he was talking about.

“I don’t think there was a number four.” Youngbae said as he walked out of the room. Seungri followed and Daesung did, too. Seunghyun was about to leave when Jiyong grabbed his wrist.

“Please stay.” He begged. Seunghyun, seeing the shape Jiyong was in, couldn’t help but give in. Truthfully, he’d have rather stayed with Jiyong.

“But I don’t have anything to sleep in.” He tried to sound responsible.

“I’m only wearing underwear and so should you or we’d end up like we did in LA.” Jiyong, losing his grip on the other’s wrist, managed to grab onto Seunghyun’s pants. He was still unaware and started pulling onto the pants’ leg just as he’d done to the shirt’s sleeve. Seunghyun’s eyes shot wide open and he froze.

“Ji, what are you doing?” He questioned loud enough for him to hear.

“Please stay.” After repeating that phrase multiple times, he started singing it. Even though he was a performer, his disoriented state left him out of tune and off key.

“Okay, fine, I’ll stay.” Seunghyun gave in and started undressing. Jiyong gazed over him for a moment but his body didn’t allow him to open his eyes for any longer. He drifted into unconsciousness.

Seunghyun had turned his back to Jiyong and didn’t realise that he’d fallen asleep. He tried his hardest to take his clothes off in a y manner. Then, he climbed into bed and enclosed his arms around the other. He soon fell asleep too.

---

Thank you ya'll so much for reading. I love your comments so keep 'em coming. With lots of Sarang, TheOfficialVIP.