Chapter 4

We Got Married?

That night, both Seunghyun and Jiyong were restless. The five men had been moved around a lot due to the hotel's poor booking system despite it being rated five stars. Youngbae now shared a room with Daesung and Seungri, leaving Jiyong and Seunghyun in one bedroom. Of course, neither of  them could object because then they would've had to explain why they didn't want to share. As a result of their incident, they both wore long pants and long sleeved tops accompanied by socks. They had to turn the air conditioner on in order to not evaporate. And worst of all, the bed was a double bed. 

Jiyong was on the verge of falling off the bed and onto the hardwood floor. Seunghyun wasn't having a much more comfortable rest either. He was curled up in a ball, holding onto his shirt tighter than usual. Although they had agreed that they would continue being friends just hours ago, non of them could shake off the fact that they had married each other unknowingly and had probably slept together in the sense that they had done more than sleeping. Then, there was the hand snatching on the airplane. Although Jiyong had done that out of fear, it was still something that was glued onto their minds.  They both radiated intense body heat even though they were on different edges. But as the night progressed and the air conditioner cooled the room, both men started to shiver. Knowing that it was going to be a hot summer, neither of them had brought warm clothing apart from the ones they were wearing. Seunghyun, still clinging onto his shirt with all his might, slipped under the thin duvet. They had ordered the staff to give them the thinnest they had, being aware of the fact that they would be wearing a lot of layers. However, they hadn't anticipated the air conditioner's powers. 

Seeing that Seunghyun had conquered the blanket, Jiyong had no choice but to suffer in silence. He shuddered, causing the mattress to vibrate. He brought his knees to his chin and rubbed his arms. He didn't want to turn the air con off because then it would've been too hot. 

"Jiyong, just come under the duvet", Seunghyun mumbled under his breath sleepily ,"We have a concert in Seoul soon and I don't want you catching a cold. Seriously though, you're supposed to be the leader." 

"Are you sure?" Jiyong was still not certain. 

"For goodness sake, we've gone further than I would've liked so what do you have to be ashamed of?" Seunghyun felt irritable because of the horrible atmosphere. 

"Just stay away from me as much as possible." Jiyong warned Seunghyun, stepping back into his leader shoes. 

"Same goes for you." Seunghyun agreed to the other's terms. 

With the rules set, they both closed there eyes and lumbered even if it took the what seemed like years. 

--- 

Seunghyun felt a head buried in his chest as the sunlight streamed in through the blinds. His memories were groggily due to exhaustion from the world tour. He hugged the body tighter with closed eyes, thinking that it belonged to a girl. He ran his hand down the other's spine. 

"You look beautiful in the morning, noona." He assumed that the person was an older woman when he whispered that. The body stirred and escaped from the man's embrace with a loud scream. 

"What is wrong with you?" Seunghyun opened his eyes and saw Jiyong in front of him. His eyes widened and he too started shrieking. What had he done? Maybe inviting Jiyong into bed the night before hadn't been as good an idea as it had seemed at the time. 

"W-what's the matter with you?" Seunghyun stammered. 

"Me? You're the one who was hugging me and calling me 'noona'", Jiyong exclaimed, "For 's sake, we're married but that doesn't mean that I've magically turned into a woman." 

Right. They were married. As soon as Jiyong had pointed that out, they both sat in silence.  

"Do you need to use the bathroom? I'm going to take a shower." Jiyong cleared his throat as he moved to the bathroom. 

"Go ahead, I'll see you at breakfast." Seunghyun picked up his shirt and wore it over his t-shirt. He looked very scruffy. He hadn't even brushed his hair, was still in sweatpants and was wearing a sweaty t-shirt. He slipped into his shoes and opened the door to go downstairs. As he was about press the elevator button, he saw Seungri coming towards him. 

"Did Psycho Perfectionist throw you out?" Seungri burst into a fit of laughter. 

"Very funny", Seunghyun kept a straight face, "Actually, I threw myself out." 

"What's it with him?" He heard Daesung's voice from the direction Seungri had come from. They were both wearing fashionable clothes. 

"Apparently, he thinks we're at home." Seungri informed Daesung as he swung his arm around the other's shoulder. 

"Wait, I see some marks on his neck", Daesung pointed out the hickeys Seunghyun had been trying to hide, "That explains why you look like that." 

"Is she still here?" Seungri asked, already starting towards Jiyong and Seunghyun's room. Daesung followed.  

"Wait, don't  go in there." Seunghyun realized that Jiyong was in the shower. Plus, he also had red marks on his body. He ran after them and tried to stop them but he was too late. He crouched down on the floor. They were going to find out. 

--- 

Jiyong was humming a happy tune as he took a towel from the rail and wrapped it around his hips. The shower had caused him to forget the events from that morning and he chose it to remain that way. He did his morning rituals like brushing his teeth and shaving. Then he took a black, studded leather jacket and topped it off with black, skinny jeans and a tight black top accompanied by a lot of rings, necklaces and a pair of oversized glasses. Lastly, he put on a black beanie that said 'Giyongchy'. He needed to maintain his image especially since he was going on a flight later. He sighed with elation. He would be going home at last. 

He heard commotion coming from the hallway and thought the voices sounded familiar. He chose to ignore it and continued packing his bag when he came across a piece of folded paper. The content of the paper made him cringe and blush. It was then that he remembered the red marks on his neck and chest. He rummaged through his suitcase like a lunatic, trying to find a scarf but he recalled that Seungri had asked to borrow them for some reason. Damn Seungri. He tried looking for something to cover up his neck but the door opened. He took the collar of his jacket and pulled it up to his chin and turned away. 

"There is no girl in here." He heard Seungri point out. Jiyong remained still, hoping that they would go away as hurriedly as they'd come in. 

"Jiyong, what's that paper next to you? I thought you gave all the paper work to the manager." Daesung started towards him and Jiyong snatched the paper. 

"I-it's just some lyrics I've been working on." He muffled through his jacket. 

"Can we see? We're probably singing it anyway." Seungri asked but Jiyong held it close to his chest. Where was Seunghyun? 

"No, it's very... intimate." He tried coming up with an explanation. He was now touching the corner of the room with his forehead, trying to hide. 

"Why are you holding your collar? Are you hiding something?" Seungri started tugging at Jiyong's jacket and in the struggle to escape, Jiyong let go off his grip, knocking the maknae to the ground. He tried running into the bathroom but Daesung caught him just in time. 

"You aren't going anywhere."  

"There is a very-" Jiyong was cut off by Seungri who was zooming in closer onto the leader's neck. 

"Ji, do you want to explain? Who is the lucky lady?" It's not a lady. Jiyong thought as he breathed deeply and slowly, using the time to plan out his next ten steps.  

"There is a perfectly rational explanation." He distracted them as he folded the paper single handedly and placed it in his pocket. But when it was his turn to speak again, he was lost. 

--- 

Youngbae locked the door of their hotel room and turned around the corner. He had his hands in his pockets and was whistling. The sight that he came across was slightly different than the ones he usually encountered. Seunghyun was crouching, leaned against the wall with his hands running through his mint colored hair. He was wearing a long-sleeved t-shirt, black sweatpants, white sneakers and a very clashing navy button-up shirt. It was the exact opposite of Youngbae who was wearing a street style outfit. 

"Dude, are you okay?" Younbae asked, trying to look Seunghyun in the eye. He didn't receive an answer. 

"Answer me! Are you okay?" He tried again. 

"My life is ruined." Seunghyun whined. 

"Why?"  

"You might as well know", he lifted himself off the ground, "Everyone else does." 

"Know what?" Youngbae spotted tears running down his hyung's cheeks. 

As soon as Seunghyun opened his mouth, three other men stumbled into the scene. It was hard for people's attention not to be turned towards them because two of the men held onto the third one who seemed to be yearning for freedom. He was flailing around, slapping the air and grunting in order to escape. He looked like a criminal then. 

"Ah, Youngbae", the youngest one noticed, "Do you know anything about this?" He pointed at Jiyong and Seunghyun and then started to his own neck. 

"The hickeys?" Youngbae chuckled, showing his eye smiles. 

"Yeah them." Daesung struggled to keep Jiyong in one place. 

"They are from the night we went clubbing. Am I right?" Youngbae informed innocently, not knowing the whole truth. 

"Yeah, those girls were brutal." Seunghyun nodded. 

"Yes, they were", Jiyong agreed, "Let's get some breakfast. Seunghyun, you go and change." 

And so they all went their intended ways. 

--- 

Big Bang was standing in the passport control line, looking down at the ground with sunglasses resting on the bridge of their noses. It was the only way to lessen publicity. They had been waiting patiently for quite a while and were at the top of the long snake. They had agreed that Jiyong would go first. At times like this, he was very cranky, being the leader and all. They all secretly wanted to pull free from his orders. When he was called up to the desk, they all relaxed. 

"He sure is a piece of work." Seungri turned to Youngbae. 

"I don't know", Younbae looked closer at his best friend from far away, "He seems more bothered than usual." 

Of course, Seunghyun knew the reason why but he couldn't say why so he just continued being quiet. They all spent some time in silence, reflecting back at the past tour's events. Honestly, Seunghyun couldn't remember what had happened; it had gone too fast. But it was always like that after a world tour. Resting by day, performing by night. He was glad that he was going back home. He had missed the dorm. But then there was something or someone he had to think about. That certain someone was none other than Kwon Jiyong. It had been rumoured around YG that they would be doing a collaboration together. He was half happy and half, well, he had mixed feelings. For some reason, he wanted to work with his partner. The thought of them being in the same studio without anybody else brought a smile to his face.  

"Hey, Seunghyun", Youngbae interrupted his train of thoughts, "Why did you say that your life was ruined?" 

"I said that?"  

"Yes, at the hotel." 

"No reason." Obviously there was a reason. The reason was Jiyong but Youngbae wasn't aware of that. 

--- 

Jiyong was lost in his cloud of thoughts. He kept glancing at the key chain he had received from Seunghyun. Was he really one of a kind? Did this purchase mean anything to Seunghyun? All these questions were important but one was more important than the others, did Seunghyun mean anything to Jiyong? 

"Mr Kwon, please pay attention." The man at the desk told him off. 

"Sorry, please carry on." Jiyong cleared his throat. 

"What's your marital status?" 

"Married." 

--- 

Okay, not much going on but it's only the start. Stay seated and await some more.  

Yours truly, 

TheOfficialVIP