Lies

Show Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinae

I woke to the feeling of Sehun’s warm breath on my neck and his arm tightly secured around my waist and as much as I hate it I felt better than I had sleeping in my room by myself. Slowly I my side until we were face to face. He was sound asleep but he still looked tired and worn out. From all that is happened so far I knew he had power, probably an endless supply of it since he’s gotten away with kidnapping me and ordering to have a man killed. Whenever I thought about it though a certain quote my father admired quite a bit popped into my mind.

“Knowledge is power. Power to do evil...or power to do good. Power itself is not evil. So knowledge itself is not evil.”  I repeated the words while tracing the feature of Sehun’s face my thumb landing on his bottom lip “Veronica Roth”

“Are you going to keep staring at me like that forever?” he suddenly blurted out and I nearly jumped out of the bed.

“I was not!” I screeched and began scooting away from him only to have him pull me back “What are you doing?!”

“Just shut up and lay still with me for a second,” he groaned and I shut my mouth. His eyes remained shut but I felt as if he was watching me closely.

It was a strange feeling that I can’t really explain but I guess it could be the same as being in your house alone and feeling watched or looked over. The same feeling I felt months before I came here. We laid there for a few minutes before he finally opened his eyes looking straight into mine.

“You wanted to know everything so today I’m showing just exactly what I do,” he said blankly before letting me go and getting out of bed “Dress warmly, it’s getting colder out,”

I remained in bed and watched him as he walked to the bathroom. As soon as the door clicked shut I let out a deep breath and quickly walked to my room. I couldn’t help but think what I had said earlier affected his choice of showing me his line of work but I shook it out of my mind.

I shivered as a cold breeze blew into the room from the window. It was cracked open slightly but I was sure I had left it shut yesterday. After shutting the door behind me I sauntered over to the window pulling it closed again but was startled when something fell on to the floor. I looked down at my feet to see a small pebble.

I picked it up and looked around wondering how it got inside but then notice it had something inscribed on it.

Hi

For some reason I found myself laughing at this and becoming curious at the same time. Who got close enough to the house to throw this pebble into my window? And why would they want to say “Hi” to me? Let alone who would dare to say anything to a woman who is guarded by one of the most frightening men on the planet?

“Miss?” I heard a quiet voice and a series of knocks at the door and rushed over.

“Yes,” I answered hiding the pebble behind my back as I opened the door revealing a maid.

“Master Oh, would like you to meet him outside when you are finished getting ready,” she kept her head bowed.

“Okay, thanks” I replied and she pulled the door shut again.

She seemed so scared.

I brushed off the worried feeling I got from the maid and began to get dressed. Sehun had my closet filled with expensive clothing and all the shoes a girl could imagine. Brands like Moschino, Versace, and Chanel were everywhere. I almost felt unworthy of such things considering my pay check would probably only pay for the sleeve of a shirt in this closet. I remember I used to wear all the top brands there were to offer but that was years ago.

I mean I still have a fortune to last me a few lifetimes in the bank but I have never been interested in such materialistic things.

After rummaging through the closet for some time I managed to find a simple cream colored sweater and a pair of jeans. I also managed to find my Keds form when I first arrived here. I have always been fond of simple clothing like canvas shoes, sweaters, t-shirts and jeans. They could be cute and comfy.

Quickly I dressed myself and walked towards the foyer where the maid from earlier was waiting for me.

“This way Miss,” she bowed and opened the door for me.

“Thank you” I smiled and she quickly looked up at me with wide eyes but quickly looked back at the ground. Hadn’t she ever been thanked before?

“Master Oh doesn’t like to wait” she stumbled over her words and I nodded and walked out of the house. Why was she so skittish?

The sun was barely shinning as I looked up at the sky. I haven’t been outside in so long I thought I was going crazy.

Run.

Get away.

Those were the thoughts that began to flood my mind but they were cut off when a white Lamborghini Aventador pulled up beside me.

“I hope you weren’t thinking about running,” Sehun smirked as I stared at him with wide eyes “You’re not allowed to,”

“I wasn’t” I took a deep breath and got in the car “It’s just been so long since I’ve seen the sky from a place other than a window.”

His smirk immediately faded and he looked ahead of him and started driving after I buckled my seat belt.

I felt somewhat free as we pulled away from the house and let the wind pouring in from the window tousle my hair around. It seemed as if we drove down a series of backroads lacing any traffic until we pulled up to a modern looking corporate building.

“Welcome Master Oh,” A younger looking man greeted us at the front entrance with two oth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter