Always

Show Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinae

“So tell me what this is all about” I said blankly as Sehun set a cup of coffee in front of me and sat down across from me “Tell me everything”

“I don’t think you’d enjoy knowing everything” he said bitterly as he drank his coffee black, and looked at me with a solemn expression “But if that’s what you want, I will tell you” he paused for a second his eyes meeting mine “Everything.”

“Please” I breathed out looking away and stared down into my cup.

“Where would you like me to start?” he inquired as he finished off his cup in own gulp and set it back down on the white marble table.

“Your life” I answered as he chuckled.

“I expected you to ask about yourself first” he leaned back into his chair “But okay we’ll start with my life. My father was a piece of . Oh Hyun-woo was his real name but most people knew him as Wolf. More specifically the big bad wolf but I didn’t know him until I was six.”

I froze. My parents used to leave the newspaper on the coffee table and I would sometimes read it. I remember just weeks before my parent’s death the latest article was of the famous mobster Wolf. He was shot in cold blood while leaving a club.

“Why?” I tilted my head to the side as he pressed a finger to his lips telling me to shut up.

“Let me finish” he said almost playfully “I was raised by my mother. Min Hee-kyung” his gaze softened at the mention of her name and it reminded me of my father when he would talk about his mom “She was a very selfless person in contrast to my father but somehow they fell for each other. I assume you’re wondering just how they met then as well. My mother was a e. Tossed from man to man but she had no choice. Mom was thrown out on the streets her freshman year of high school and she had nowhere to go.”

His face remained blank no sign of emotion present and I felt my heart twinge. I could practically scream tell me more out of my burning curiosity.

“And then he found her. My father that is. He claimed her as his and she rejected him but that only caused him to want her more. He was married as well at the time to a Kim Su-bin who was the leader of one of our partnerships SNSD. She hated my mother. After time passed my mother actually grew fond of my father and gave in to him. I guess you could say that’s how I came along.” He spoke very cut and dry and I almost felt bad for asking him to tell me this but I needed him to be open with me.

“What happened?” I sighed and gave his hand a light squeeze causing him to look at me with wide eyes surprised by my sudden action.

“She ran away and dealt with the pregnancy all on her own. Fear can do strange things to a person. She raised me where she thought my father and Su-bin would never find me” he explained and I nodded along. His mother must’ve been very brave to deal with that all on her own.

“We were caught though” he continued “Su-bin told my father of our whereabouts out of spite for my mother. My father was enraged by my mother’s actions and forced us to come back to Seoul to be under his supervision. I was the only son he had. He had lots of daughters from various women but never a son until my mother.”

“Did you meet any of them?” I inquired as he nodded.

“Most of them are in a partnership SNSD but they aren’t anything like me” he sighed and played with his empty coffee cup.

“Is that woman who came by your sister?” I fiddled with my fingers as he suppressed a laugh.

“Taeyeon?” he asked incredulously “She’s Su-bin’s daughter but she is not my sister”

“I see” I drawled “Anyways continue about your mother.”

“Right” he cleared his throat and looked as if he was trying to remember where exactly he had left off “My father was angry and made sure my mom would pay for what she did. When I was of age he began to take me into his business.”

“What kind of business? Where’s your mother now?” I inquired and he left my first question unanswered.

“She killed herself” he replied and I stopped breathing momentarily.

“And your father?”

“He passed away as well” he glanced up his eyes void of emotion and I knew I was wading in dangerous waters.

“My condolences” I looked down at my hands and heard him chuckle lightly.

“It’s all good” he sighed and lifted my chin making me face him “Tell me about yourself then”

“I lived a practically normal life until my seventeenth birthday and it all went to from there” I explained dryly.

I know this sounds very hypocritical but I hate telling people anything about my previous life and I realize that’s what I made Sehun do but it just makes me so uncomfortable.

“There’s got to be more to it than that” he scoffed and I scratched the back of my neck

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter