Protect Me

Show Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jinae,” I heard tinkling laughter and the sound of someone skipping towards my door.

I was huddled in a ball on the floor resting my head against the cold wall trying to block out the voice.

I could hear the door handle rattling and I shook my head repeatedly as if it would make it go away.

“It’s just a dream,” I chanted to myself silently as the voice calling my name and I kept my eyes clenched shut.

“Am I really?” the voice giggled and my eyes flew open to see Taeyeon inches away from my face laughing as she intimidated me.

I went to push her away but she had a death like grip on my wrist keeping me from doing anything.

“Give him back Jinae,” she laughed sadistically as she tightened her hold on my wrist “You pathetic girl, shouldn’t you know it is trashy to steal another’s man,”

I thrashed around to get away from her but it was no use.

“Weak,” she spat and yanked me up on to my feet by my hair “You won’t survive here stupid ,”

I clenched my eyes shut but it didn’t stop the tears from spilling out of the corner of my eyes.

“Leave,” she released my hair and gave me a more gentle look but it sounded more like a silent cry as she pushed me.

I could feel myself falling by never felt the impact of landing. When I opened my eyes I was under water.  The panic of drowning soon came over me as I sank deeper and deeper into the dark blue depths of the ocean. I thrashed around try to get to the surface but it was no use.  I couldn’t even scream. It wasn’t until I looked up at the surface to see another body plunging into the cold water.

I froze in fear as I watched the body sink deeper and deeper until they were beside me .

It was Sehun; he lifelessly sank down into the water blood seeping out of his body from a wound in his back. His eyes stared back at me with a look of remorse before they finally shut.  I reached out for him but I couldn’t reach him and felt myself giving up on the urge to survive. With the last breath I had left I tried screaming and felt myself succumb to the numb unconsciousness.

My eyes flashed open as I nearly threw myself out of bed trying to find Sehun. He wasn’t beside me and I felt a surge of panic. My eyes filled with tears as I ran out of our bedroom and down the stairs.

“Sehun!” I called out as I searched the house and accidently bumped into a maid.

“Lady Jang, is something wrong?” she bowed her head and the tears began to spill.

“Where is Sehun?” I cried as she kept her head bowed.

I felt so pathetic freaking out over something as miniscule as a nightmare but I couldn’t help it; I needed to see him.

“He went to meet with young master Kai down at the office,” she replied as I wiped my cheeks “Is there anything I can do to assist you?”

I thought about it for a second a few stray tears still rolling down my cheeks and I nodded.

“Please take me to him now,”

The maid escorted me to the building and I could only help but feel anxious mainly because I was afraid of upsetting him.

When we arrived at the main building the young boy named Jung kook whom I had met the last time Sehun brought me here greeted us and said he would personally take us to Sehun himself. He was a cute boy probably no older than seventeen.  It made me wonder how he got into such a business.

“Jungkook!” I heard a deep voice call out as we made our way down the hall way.

I whipped my head around to see Baekhyun striding towards us and he waved Jungkook away.

“What a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter