Dark Eyes

Show Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EXO

"Baekhyun, did you finish that matter we discussed?" I sighed over the phone as they older male chuckled.

"Of course I did. Let's put it this way we have Jungseok in custody and he won't be returning to his beloved flower shop anytime soon." I could sense he was wearing that classic smirk of his as he sat at his desk.

"Just make sure you take on the case at the prosecutor’s office. I know you won’t have any problem with that.” I said blankly looking over a few more papers but my mind was still stuck on that face of Jang Jinae.

"It's already in possession. I'm on my way to the flower shop now actually." he chuckled as my eye drifted up from the paper I was looking at.

"For what?" I blurted out my curiosity getting the better of me.

"Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I have to go tell Jinae of Jungseok's misfortunes and the have us go over his will with her since for some odd reason everything was left in her possession." he informed as I nodded "I heard from Luhan, that you visited her last night on his late night watch."

"I may have stopped by." I smirked as Baekhyun went silent.

"Forgive me for asking but why her all of a sudden?" his tone was hesitant as he proceeded "Like of all women why her?"

"I've never seen anyone like her. She interests me." I chuckled. Yes, Jang Jinae interests me.

"I know it's not my place to say this but she's more than what meets the eye. She's been through a lot and this whole incident with Jungseok no matter how much he deserved what he had coming is still going to add more onto her plate. Even if she wanted nothing to do with him. She still has feelings." Baekhyun began rambling about the girl as I somewhat began getting aggravated with my assistant.

"Since when have you been concerned with what I do or who I take interest to?" I growled as he immediately shut up.

"Sorry" he mumbled as I held the bridge of my nose.

"Just do what you are meant to do and let me handle the girl." I said as my face fell back to my regular blank expression before hanging up. Honestly, I was a bit disturbed by my sudden outburst. Did that girl make me feel anger?

Jinae

"He what?" I held the side of my head slightly from the head ache I was beginning to receive as Baekhyun gave me news of my boss.

"Kim Jungseok, was pronounced dead this morning when his car and body was found near Busan. It seems as if he drove himself of a cliff and he wasn't discovered until local fisherman’s discovered the wreck."Baekhyun explained frowning a bit as my head was pounding.

We're sorry Miss. Jang, but your parents didn't make it. The front hit to the car was so fatal that they we're killed instantly. You're lucky to be alive. We give our greatest condolences.

"O-Oh..." I mumbled shutting my eye's a bit. It won't go away.

"Yes, but there are a few legal matters I need to discuss with you in terms of his will." he said as he pulled out a large manila envelope which he opened and laid a few papers in front of me.

"What's this?" I raised an eyebrow before glancing back up at him.

"His will. Everything listed was bequeathed to you." he said as he pointed at a certain section of the paper "The business is yours, his net earnings of 539,747,500.00₩ which would be about $500,000 in USD, also all of his properties are entitled to you including his rental property which has one tenant."

"This is a lot to take in" I sighed holding tightly onto the arm of the chair, knuckles turning white.

"Yes, If you would like I can deal with most of it for you as far as transferring the funds and property titles." He looked up meeting my eyes but something was different about him today. That look he had was not the Baekhyun I know. "I'm really sorry about this Jinae"

"Baekhyun, can you stop by tomorrow to go through this?" I closed my eyes again my head and heart going crazy. It's happening all over again.

Sweetheart, everything was left in you possession

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter