Principle's Office

At Time's Like These (I'm Glad I Have You.)

Yongguk swiftly made his way into the elementary school, getting strange looks from teachers and students – well he was a 16 year old teenager with dyed red hair and wasn't exactly the most friendly looking person. But he was here for good reason. He made his way to the front office, and cleared his throat.

 

May I help you?” the woman asked, Yongguk smiled his gummy grin and tried not to sound too rushed. “Choi Junhong – I'm here to pick him up.”

 

Name.”

 

Bang Yongguk – “

 

The woman raised her brow and typed something on the computer, luckily Junhong's mother put him and Himchan on the list of people who could take the boy out of school. The woman wold have been here herself – but she worked too much. So Yongguk really didn't mind.

 

Ah yes, alright. You're going to have to come with me.”

 

...What happened?” Yongguk muttered, following the woman into the back office. She sighed, “He got in a fight and got a little banged up – but he did start it.”

 

Junhong...started a fight?” Yongguk muttered,”Impossible! He'd never hurt a fly.”

 

Well he knocked a kids tooth out.”

 

. Oh.

 

Yongguk wanted to give the other a high five when he saw the pale boy sitting in the principle's chair, but he looked so upset and it was clear that he was crying. He now just wanted to pull the 10 year old into his arms and hug him.

 

You're Junhong's guardian?” The elderly man muttered, Yongguk grinned. “His mother wrote me down as one. What seems to be the problem?”

 

He took the seat next to Junhong and the boy scooted closer to him. He was obviously afraid. The principle sighed, “Junhong here got in a fight today. And as you can see he scraped his arm pretty bad. “

 

Yongguk reached down to gently take the boys arm and he bit his lip. It was torn up that's for sure. “I'll fix you up when we get home,” he muttered lowly and Junhong nodded.

 

The man cleared his throat and Yongguk turned his gaze toward the man.

 

He said something that upset Junhong, so he's not entirely to blame here.” the man started, “The other boy will be punished as well.”

 

What did he say to Junhong?”

 

...Ask him yourself.”

 

 

Yongguk turned to look at the brunet and he sniffled, “He – He saw Himchannie hyung and Jonguppie hyung drop me off – he said it was wrong for them to hold hands and … and I got mad because they love each other. Why is it wrong?”

 

It isn't.” Yongguk muttered, the principle's gaze shifted and Yongguk narrowed his eyes. “Junhong you can love whoever you want. Man or Woman. It doesn't matter what their gender is. It's who they are, ya know?”

Yongguk turned to the principle. “What's his punishment?”

 

No school two days.”

 

Fine,”

 

Yongguk stood and gave a small bow, before leaning over and picking up Junhong, the boy wrapped his arms around Yongguk's neck and nuzzled his face into his shoulder.

 

We'll be going, I'll inform his mother.”

 

Yongguk then turned, and left the office.

 

When they were out of the school, Yongguk made his way to the car his mom bought him last year, and put Junhong in the back seat, While the younger was buckling up, he grinned. “Good one Junhong, knocked his tooth out?”

He had it coming!” The younger pouted and Yongguk ruffled his hair. “I'm proud of you, standing up for yourself. But next time use your words, okay? Violence isn't always good.”

 

Okay!”

 

Now let's get Ice cream and then get you patched up.”