Umma -

At Time's Like These (I'm Glad I Have You.)

Junhong was turning 18 in just a few day's, he as finally going to be of age. Finally able to do what he's wanted to since he was about fourteen.

 

He was going to confess to Yongguk. Junhong spent hours thinking of how he would do this, of how he would finally admit his feelings to the elder man. Yongguk was 26 now, but he didn't care. He still loved him and his gummy smile and deep laugh and gentle looks. He loved the way Yongguk cared about him, cared about his future and his dreams. Yongguk even gave up the opportunity to work for his father and make an amazing amount of money – just so he could stay with Junhong.

 

The teen glanced up from his spot on the couch. His mother was home for once; she looked tired, but content. He knew she loved doing what she did. Loved to work. Gave her something to do once his father passed.

 

Umma,” he called out, sitting up straight. The woman looked over from her spot at the table, and blinked. “Hmm? What is it?”

 

... Do you like Yongguk hyung?” he asked, figuring he'd start out slowly when telling his mother about his feelings. The woman tilted her head.

 

Of course I do, he takes great care of you.”

 

...Umma,” he trailed off, slowly and a bit nervously. “I need to tell you something important.”

 

He knew he had his mothers full attention now, she was facing him fully, a curious look in her eyes. “What is it baby?”

 

.... I love Yongguk hyung, Umma, I really love him.” he mumbled, and bit his lip. “And I wanted to know, if it was okay with you if I – confessed to him.”

 

Junhong watched as his mother blinked slowly, and felt a bit worried as she didn't speak for a few minutes. But after a bit, she stood and made her way over to him. She leaned down and cupped his cheeks.

 

If he makes you happy, my baby boy – then I see no problem.” she smiled softly, before leaning forward to kiss his nose.

 

Yongguk has taken care of you for so long, I trust him with you.”

 

Umma,” he breathed, tears coming to his eyes. It meant a lot to hear his mother say that. He wrapped his arms around her neck and held her close. The woman pet his hair and Junhong laid his head on her chest in his sitting position.

 

Thank you Umma,” he whispered.

 

Thank you so much,”

 

For being there when I need you.